• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Cuts

Mr. Scot

13 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I wouldn't be happy if I was them either, I still don't understand trading him for a 4th rounder.

Purdy is far from a sure thing and they're banking their future on him, as Darnold clearly isn't meant to be their future starter.  I figured they'd keep him, even as as the 3rd stringer for now, to see if they can keep developing him in case Purdy isn't it.

They really never gave him much of a shot, he always was going to need a redshirt season, then he gets the absurd rain game to open the season last year, gets hurt in game 2 and never plays for them again.

You clearly haven't been around the 49er's facility or their practices. What you got from Purdy is a 40-50+ game college starter who elevated Iowa State from irrelevancy. What you got from Lance is a guy who started something like 13 games at North Dakota State. 

Purdy is head and shoulders the better quarterback and if he doesn't get the UCL injury, who knows how that Eagles game turns out. 

Darnold isn't a bad QB. His two head coaches prior to now were Adam Gase and Matt Rhule. Tom Brady would've flamed out of the league with those two as his first two head coaches. 

18 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You clearly haven't been around the 49er's facility or their practices. What you got from Purdy is a 40-50+ game college starter who elevated Iowa State from irrelevancy. What you got from Lance is a guy who started something like 13 games at North Dakota State

Purdy is head and shoulders the better quarterback and if he doesn't get the UCL injury, who knows how that Eagles game turns out. 

Darnold isn't a bad QB. His two head coaches prior to now were Adam Gase and Matt Rhule. Tom Brady would've flamed out of the league with those two as his first two head coaches. 

Coming from the person who was wanting AR over Young I find this a very interesting take...

• Beer 3

32 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You clearly haven't been around the 49er's facility or their practices. What you got from Purdy is a 40-50+ game college starter who elevated Iowa State from irrelevancy. What you got from Lance is a guy who started something like 13 games at North Dakota State. 

the irony

Edited by therealmjl

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's kind of surprise.

Wonder what the reason is.

Reddick, Graham, Josh Sweat and now Nolan Smith are all on that team as edge rushers. That's not to add that their interior is totally capable of getting pressures and sacks too.

Too many ppl there to be eating off of one plate is my guess. 

Edited by Rags