• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prior draftees (speculation from Person)

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Lol, you literally can’t be wrong. Your argument was Rhule likes athletes and Reich likes production. That’s almost word for word in your first post and you compared Young to Corral.

Sorry man, trying to compare a 3rd round QB to the first overall pick is dumb. It just is, especially since Corral isn’t Anthony Richardson. Corral had 70 yards less than Young and those two had almost triple AR’s production. Saying Rhule would have taken AR is a potentially valid argument but Rhule didn’t trade up for Malik Willis, did he?

Love your response that I didn’t understand your argument. You already moved your goalposts and are still wrong. Mingo and Johnson are very much athlete and not proven college producers. Mingo has not shown great route running, just a flash of athletic potential to get YAC. I don’t even know if I’ve seen him make a play yet but when he was picked he sure wasn’t discussed in here as if he was a proven college player. He was discussed as being athletic and having potential.

I’m sure you’ll reply because you truly can’t be wrong but I’m done with this argument. If you can’t see your mistakes here, you never will.

Oh, I can be wrong. I'm just not in this case 😄

As to your understanding, the phrase "trying to spin athleticism into ability or skill" tells me that either you didn't understand the argument or you don't know what "spin" means in that context. You can tell me which it is.

I'll try to sum it up one more time to see if it helps: Rhule prioritized athleticism. Reich prioritizes football skills. That doesn't mean that either of them negates other characteristics. It's just a matter of heirarchy.

And again, he notion that you can't compare two quarterbacks just because of where they were drafted is just silly. Ask the guys who drafted Tom Brady in the 6th 😄

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a really athletic FB. Unfortunately for him the FB position has largely gone the way of the dodo. Very few teams carry a dedicated FB. Most just have a TE on the roster who can fill in at FB in the few formations they have in the playbook that calls for a FB.

Which could conceivably be a reason to keep Tremble.

(he'd be competing with Ricci for that role)

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a really athletic FB. Unfortunately for him the FB position has largely gone the way of the dodo. Very few teams carry a dedicated FB. Most just have a TE on the roster who can fill in at FB in the few formations they have in the playbook that calls for a FB.

It looks like we may need him or Thomas helping out Ekwonu on passing situations, at least for now. I don't care if we call them a TE, FB, or H-back, we know that these 2 guys can block.

30 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I don't see anyway Shi gets cut, but yes Mingo is a speed guy at 4.46. He just doesn't look it because his size. Shi ran a 4.43

I don't think you can always go by 40 times when talking about speed in the NFL.  40 times largely measure how well you can run a 40.   

Sometimes it's more important to have quickness, route running, etc in the NFL.   Lot of 4.4 guys aren't really all that fast on Sunday.   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

The implication here is that the Rhule-drafted players aren't the brightest group out there. I'll defer on speculating on that aspect but it's quite common for holdovers from a prior regime to be gettisoned for various reasons. Given Frank's offensive background and drafting a QB with a high football IQ and overall accuracy, I'd be more worried if I was a Rhule drafted offensive player. At the least, they could end up being used in trades or replaced by cuts from other teams.

3 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Lol, you literally can’t be wrong. Your argument was Rhule likes athletes and Reich likes production. That’s almost word for word in your first post and you compared Young to Corral.

Sorry man, trying to compare a 3rd round QB to the first overall pick is dumb. It just is, especially since Corral isn’t Anthony Richardson. Corral had 70 yards less than Young and those two had almost triple AR’s production. Saying Rhule would have taken AR is a potentially valid argument but Rhule didn’t trade up for Malik Willis, did he?

Love your response that I didn’t understand your argument. You already moved your goalposts and are still wrong. Mingo and Johnson are very much athlete and not proven college producers. Mingo has not shown great route running, just a flash of athletic potential to get YAC. I don’t even know if I’ve seen him make a play yet but when he was picked he sure wasn’t discussed in here as if he was a proven college player. He was discussed as being athletic and having potential.

I’m sure you’ll reply because you truly can’t be wrong but I’m done with this argument. If you can’t see your mistakes here, you never will.

Thats what he does. Like you said Its best to just end the argument and not waste anymore of your time. 

5 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I think Tremble has been misused from the jump.

His ND tape is a lead blocking wet dream with a few catches throw in. 

He’s never been used that way. 

Or maybe he has sucked blocking NFL players and just beat up on college guys. 

Yeah still confused about how Ricci became the default fullback with Tremble on the roster