• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Status of Rhule era draft picks

Mr. Scot

Just now, DennisM1 said:

You don't know anything about me so you don't know how old I am I remember Clausen and that was still a better move than Sam Darnold now name a good move Fitt has made? I'll fuging wait man 

I have a pretty good idea of your age based on your writing and hyped emotional state.

3 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

11 picks in 2021 and that’s what we got. Yeesh

Gotta remember that's the long snapper draft (oy) 🙄

Mind you, three of those are still available for the practice squad. But as has been discussed elsewhere, given the change in coaching staff some turnover were is to be expected.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I said teenager but now I'm thinking I might have overestimated...

He’s a young pup. I’m glad he’s passionate about the team.

Most draft picks don’t work out, but Scott does need to show that some of these past picks were Rhule and not him. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Gotta remember that's the long snapper draft (oy) 🙄

Mind you, three of those are still available for the practice squad. But as has been discussed elsewhere, given the change in coaching staff some turnover were is to be expected.

I'm just saying, we had 11 picks, you'd think wed at least find some decent gem.  

Just now, Tbe said:

He’s a young pup. I’m glad he’s passionate about the team.

Most draft picks don’t work out, but Scott does need to show that some of these past picks were Rhule and not him. 

Behind the scenes info has given us information on some of them, at least. We know for example that Fletcher was a Rhule pick.

Corral gets listed as a Rhule pick but from what I've read he was more heavily pushed by Ben McAdoo than Rhule.

And as mentioned, some of the changes is going to be attributable to the staff change. That'll work itself out over the next year or two.

31 minutes ago, DennisM1 said:

An honest conversation about Fitt needs to be had.. he is the worst drafter in the league he sucks trading as well I think he might be the worst gm in the NFL no wonder he couldn't get a job and had to take the job as a glorified team manager he stinks 

I've been saying this for a couple of years, but I get shot down time and time again.

Maybe I'm wrong, it was just Rhule, all Rhule. We should see after this season. 

13 minutes ago, DennisM1 said:

Scott is better? His draft resume is poo and he has never won a trade lmao a 2nd and 4th for Darnold and guaranteed contract? LMFAOOO a third for henderson?!?! MOVING UP FOR CORAL?!? OK

What about the Choosen Anderson trade???? He clearly won that. Getting anything at all for him was a win. 

He convinced the Dolphins to give up a 7th rounder for Greg Little

And while he swung and missed on Bridgewater he got a 6th round pick for him (better than nothing)

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I'm just saying, we had 11 picks, you'd think wed at least find some decent gem.  

It's the same strategy they use in Seattle. They know lower round picks typically don't work out unless you find a good special teamer or two so they basically just take a lot of shots.

Mind you though, that's the only draft where we've really done that. The two since haven't looked as much like that.