• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football 2023

jayboogieman

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was about to say, Clemson fans gotta be at least a tad nervous that here is another QB that looked really promising in spot duty as a freshman looking pretty trashy as the anointed starter.

It is obvious their receivers are not the premier receivers we have become accustomed to at Clemson. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Clemson certainly has a very talented roster but that didn't look like a typical Clemson roster last night. Usually they are very obviously head and shoulders more talented, athletic, and stronger than the other team. It just looks like men against boys. I didn't see that last night. Duke looked like they belonged on the field athletically and physically with Clemson. That's honestly more shocking to me than the outcome of the game.

Duke heating Clemson should look and feel flukey. That didn't look and feel flukey. 

Also, UNC has really made it a point to go hard for in state recruits and has severed that pipeline to other schools. Pretty much what Carolina is doing in Va, which has really effected Va Tech and UVA.

2 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

Clemson imploded with the mistakes. No, they did not look like a Trevor Lawrence team. However, not scoring twice from the one yard changed the whole complexion of this game. 

So did Duke muffing a punt giving you a free red zone trip. Clemson shot themselves in the foot a lot with two blocked FGs and two redzone turnovers but give them those two FGs plus two TDs on the fumbles and you're still at only 27 points with 7 points off of a free trip to the redzone. That would've been good for 74th in the nation in scoring last year. And that's basically being as generous as possible with the potential scoring opportunities last night.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So did Duke muffing a punt giving you a free red zone trip. Clemson shot themselves in the foot a lot with two blocked FGs and two redzone turnovers but give them those two FGs plus two TDs on the fumbles and you're still at only 27 points with 7 points off of a free trip to the redzone. That would've been good for 74th in the nation in scoring last year. And that's basically being as generous as possible with the potential scoring opportunities last night.

Yeah not to mention the “odd” decision with 4 seconds left in the first half to not attempt a FG by a kicker who Dabo has said has the strongest leg he’s ever coached and has hit from 70… naaaah let’s just throw this little hook to end the half because we forgot our ladder. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Did you watch his reactions on the sidelines? Probably why his team quit in the final quarter, hell coach gave up after that last fumble.
The lack of effort on that last TD run by Duke was embarrassing to watch, guys on Defense jogging and avoiding contact. But Dabo doesn’t take ownership of an ill prepared team or take an asswhipping like a man… he uses the word “odd” to describe a loss, like he doesn’t understand how over 400 yds total offense results in 7 points. Well maybe someone should show him his reactions, pretty much self explanatory.

at least Dabo wasn't blaming the chain gang for eating a hotdog at halftime as the reason he lost. 

one of my favorite parts of Gamecock fans that have complained about Dabo all these years as a whinner.....is Shane Beamer is worse than Dabo.  Hard to find someone after a loss that looks worse than Beamer. 

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, Clemson should've dropped completely out of the rankings. Preseason rankings are way too sticky IMO. They're basically a complete shot in the dark. If you think Duke is #24 then you can't rationalize having Clemson in your top 25

Rankings are a joke.

Clemson being ranked #9 was a joke.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That Duke QB looks legit. I was wondering why some of my buddies kept hyping him all off season.

Maye has some competition at QB in the ACC this year. That Florida State kid looks legit as well.

Duke QB went 17/33 for less than >200 yards. 

I mean, he can run.  He ain’t in the convo with those other QBs off that. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Rankings are a joke.

Clemson being ranked #9 was a joke.

You and a Paul Finnebaum going to stroke out if Dabo finds a way to 10-3 in the end.   Clemson still got the best coach and roster in the conference. 

• The D 1