• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young vs first the round QBs

CRA

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

And I was also thinking about this - look st ATLs roster and tell me you think that is a more complete roster than ours.  It's not.

There's this fallacy that our receivers don't get open, but they were open A LOT, and Bryce missed them.  The only proven legit threat the Falcons had was Pitts, the other guys have a lot of potential but aren't game changers.  And yet, we got beat by a team QBd by fuging Desmond Ridder.  He beat the #1 overall pick this year.  It wasn't coaching.  Bryce didn't have a lesser supporting cast.  Bryce just played like poo.  And for the most part, our team didn't look much different than Rhule's teams did.

This post just future discredits anything you say. Our receivers were not open at all this game. You can't watch that game and even try to make that argument in good faith.

I'm not worried about the numbers.  I said before the season I felt he was going to have a rookie season similar to Luck.  Both are high IQ players who are going to be aggressive and not settle for the easy throws.  Young didn't make bad reads; he did, however, underestimate how fast DBs break on the ball.  That will be fixed with more time in the league.  But I was impressed by his willingness to try and hit those tight windows.  

Luck's 1st Game - 23/45, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 52.9 QB Rating

Edited by Mage

26 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I dont think he's the best passer.  He was in college.  Pros is different, and I maintain that AR was better built for success as a pro, and I'm not just talking about because of stature.

It's not coincidence BY had the worst comp pct out of those guys, and it wasn't close.  He missed a ton of throws that were open and he also bailed on a lot of plays way earlier than he had to.  For a "super processor" he sure looked overwhelmed by what he was processing.  AR doesn't look like that, AT ALL.  I have a feeling that BY is about as close to a finished product as any of them are and his floor is actually lower than what was believed, while simultaneously having the lowest ceiling out of all of them as well.  It's not coaching...  it think we just made the wrong pick and it's why I didn't want him even before the college season was sover last year.

Lord knows I missed your horrible, reactionary takes after each loss. I sure missed this place, and you in particular my friend. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Then what are you arguing?

You could at least attempt to follow the conversation. Some people here spent weeks and even months shitting on Richardson and later Stroud and acted as if the gap between them and Young was wide enough to drive a big rig through because Bryce Young "processes like Payton Manning". I cautioned people who had Bama Bryce Young avatars up super early to temper expectations and give the kid a chance to get his feet wet. Today I got worse than I expected. But there is still plenty of time for him to learn and grow.

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

You could at least attempt to follow the conversation. Some people here spent weeks and even months shitting on Richardson and later Stroud and acted as if the gap between them and Young was wide enough to drive a big rig through because Bryce Young "processes like Payton Manning". I cautioned people who had Bama Bryce Young avatars up super early to temper expectations and give the kid a chance to get his feet wet. Today I got worse than I expected. But there is still plenty of time for him to learn and grow.

No need to throw shade I misread what you said earlier so you can chill out.

The panthers did better today than most here expected because the falcons didn’t run all over us like they thought. Stupid first year mistakes vs a 3rd year team show us doing pretty ok.

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

No need to throw shade I misread what you said earlier so you can chill out.

The panthers did better today than most here expected because the falcons didn’t run all over us like they thought. Stupid first year mistakes vs a 3rd year team show us doing pretty ok.

The defense looked damn good until the offense stopped holding up their end of the bargain. Bijan is going to be a thorn in our side in this division for some time though let's be honest.

I think that if you really didn't want Bryce Young, you probably are very happy with how things went today -- at least in the sense that your confirmation bias can be displayed. 

But if you think this team's wideouts were open all game, you simply didn't watch the game and you checked the box score, said "I KNEW IT" and logged onto the Huddle.