• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All22 Review Requests

TheCasillas

44 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Both on Bryce. Bates made an amazing read on the first one, but a QB like Mahomes sees the route at the top. Here is the video.. ill have my commentary in the bigger thread once d

one.

It looked really bad in person. Bryce threw a couple other not so great balls accuracy wise. 

Things he does so well in his sleep were missing Sunday. I’m not sure I recall seeing two interceptions as bad as the two Sunday anywhere in his Bama film. 

I didn’t think this kid got nervous but I’m chalking this first game up to nerves. Even the fumbled exchange on the first drive. 

I wish week 2 was just a regular Sunday afternoon game and not MNF but here’s to hoping for a solid bounce back performance from Bryce. 

• Pie 1

I'd sure like to see some better play calls given the down and distance. 

2nd and 16 from your own 7 and you run that, but 3rd and 1 from the opponent's 10 and you run Shenault up the middle.

My biggest fear as of now is not that Bryce sucks, because I love his ability to scan the field and look for someone to get open (IMPOSSIBLE), but that the coaches' decisions on what plays to practice and run, coupled with the league's worst offensive weapons, will put him well behind the 8-ball.

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

It looked really bad in person. Bryce threw a couple other not so great balls accuracy wise. 

Things he does so well in his sleep were missing Sunday. I’m not sure I recall seeing two interceptions as bad as the two Sunday anywhere in his Bama film. 

I didn’t think this kid got nervous but I’m chalking this first game up to nerves. Even the fumbled exchange on the first drive. 

I wish week 2 was just a regular Sunday afternoon game and not MNF but here’s to hoping for a solid bounce back performance from Bryce. 

I don't think either interception was nerves. He was as cool as a cucumber. The fumble was just a mishandle that he cleaned up.

I think it's much more "being a rookie QB on a pitiful team." Expecting something like 34 TDs and 6 INTs as a rookie, which seems to be the general consensus, is ridiculous. He's gonna throw interceptions. Cam had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey, plus Stewart and DeAngelo out of the backfield, and even with as much as he ran, he threw 17 picks as a rookie.

Young has a couple decent running backs, a respectable TE who'd have been TE3 in 2011, the WR version of Jaycee Horn, and various bags of dogshit to throw to. Add to the fact he doesn't run nearly as much, and he's gonna throw some interceptions and make some bad decisions. What you look for is, how did he react afterward? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Both on Bryce. Bates made an amazing read on the first one, but a QB like Mahomes sees the route at the top. Here is the video.. ill have my commentary in the bigger thread once d

one.

That one is both on Bryce and Hurst, but more Hurst (IMO) with some great play sprinkled in by Bates on D. 

Bryce could have pulled the trigger a split second sooner immediately at the top of the route by Hurst, which would have kept the ball outside the hash and further from Bates

However, watch Hurst's route. He begins to cut in at the 17 and drifts upfield all the way to the 22 by the time he and the ball cross paths. without the drift he meets the ball at the 19/20 in front of Bates and the pick doesn't happen. 

With more Reps together Bryce throws that slightly sooner and Hurst runs that route better. 

7 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

That one is both on Bryce and Hurst, but more Hurst (IMO) with some great play sprinkled in by Bates on D. 

Bryce could have pulled the trigger a split second sooner immediately at the top of the route by Hurst, which would have kept the ball outside the hash and further from Bates

However, watch Hurst's route. He begins to cut in at the 17 and drifts upfield all the way to the 22 by the time he and the ball cross paths. without the drift he meets the ball at the 19/20 in front of Bates and the pick doesn't happen. 

With more Reps together Bryce throws that slightly sooner and Hurst runs that route better. 

That one is a great learning moment for Bryce. Mingo was the obvious go to on that one considering our line of scrimmage. Get us out of the hole. Don’t go over the top to Thielen at this point in a young career. And you most certainly don’t throw the cross with a weak route in hindsight.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Same thing happened on the other INT when TMJ was the target. He cuts at the 50, floats to the ATL 48, and the pick is made there. Had he stayed on the 50 or come back to the ball it's a completion.

Edited by Icege

59 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'd sure like to see some better play calls given the down and distance. 

2nd and 16 from your own 7 and you run that, but 3rd and 1 from the opponent's 10 and you run Shenault up the middle.

My biggest fear as of now is not that Bryce sucks, because I love his ability to scan the field and look for someone to get open (IMPOSSIBLE), but that the coaches' decisions on what plays to practice and run, coupled with the league's worst offensive weapons, will put him well behind the 8-ball.

I just wrapped up my All-22 review, and I have some unfortunate news. It wasnt the playcalling.... It was Bryce. Tale of two halves, and the 2nd halve is bad.... 

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

one.

Can certainly give some fault to Hurst but looks like he should have moved onto his 3rd read. Hindsight is 20/20 but he seems to have time and might have expected the FS to carry but didn't get a good look at him.