• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Week 1 Free Agency

Mr. Scot

One of the provisions of the current NFL is that veteran contracts become fully guaranteed for the year if a player is on the active roster for the first game.

Because of that, it's become fairly normal for some teams to wait until after Week 1 to add free agent veterans they might have interest in.

Now lemme say up front that I haven't looked at the available free agents (I'm sure someone will) and I can't say whether the Panthers have any particular interest in anyone at this point, so I'm not making any predictions.

But it's something to be aware of...

Andy Isabella is a name that strikes me as a particular fit. Checks primary need for speed. Also only 26 so should have a few years left. 

Outside of that it's a bunch of names and aging Vets. Chris Conley, Julio Jones, Robbie Chosen Anderson, Kenny Golladay, TY Hilton, Jarvis Landry.

Big Yikes.

Maybe other teams PS would be better to look through.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Disagree on TE unless it's for depth.

I think Hurst is fine as a starter.

Com'on Mr. Scott, of course for depth and as a compliment/injury insurance.  We are injury away from the Ian Thomas/Tommy Tremble show.  Hurst has not been the most durable guy throughout his career.

We need a bulldozer RB too, even if it's just a handful of snaps a game.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Com'on Mr. Scott, of course for depth and as a compliment/injury insurance.  We are injury away from the Ian Thomas/Tommy Tremble show.  Hurst has not been the most durable guy throughout his career.

We need a bulldozer RB too, even if it's just a handful of snaps a game.

I'd actually like to see Tremble tried at fullback

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd actually like to see Tremble tried at fullback

Does Reich even use a FB? I saw a fullhouse set once yesterday, but the hand off went to one of the RBs.  I know Ricci is the token FB, but dude is NOT a real FB.  Ben Mason on the the Raven's PS could fill the same role as a TE/FB, but is a true FB that can play TE.

• Pie 1