• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich Press Conference: Week 1

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

The Falcons had no problem with the dink and dunk passing attack. I think Ridder only had one completion over 20 yards himself, the one to Pitts.

Entirely turnovers were the difference. 

Just one of those games where every mistake we made was a turnover, and every time the falcons put the ball on the ground, it bounced back to them. 

Ridder had problems and looked terrible out there. If he was our QB we would be feeling awful right now even with the W.

• Pie 7

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The Falcons had no problem with the dink and dunk passing attack. I think Ridder only had one completion over 20 yards himself, the one to Pitts.

Yeah , the difference was turnovers.  We moved the ball better, just can’t have 3 turnovers and expect to win.

• Pie 3

On a side note, what is with all the hammy issues around the Leauge?  Do the trainers not really enforce pregame/pre-practice stretching anymore?  Sure they go through the motions, but are they really stretching.  I remember my track coach busting our balls for not stretching properly, especially the sprinters.  He knew they were the most likely to pull a hammy and watched them close during warm ups to ensure they actually stretched properly.

4 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Entirely turnovers were the difference. 

Just one of those games where every mistake we made was a turnover, and every time the falcons put the ball on the ground, it bounced back to them. 

Ridder had problems and looked terrible out there. If he was our QB we would be feeling awful right now even with the W.

Yes, Ridder did look timid, but in that timidness took what we gave him.  Don't get me wrong, I think Ridder sucks, but the dink and dunk game can be effective even in it's boring simplicity.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

On a side note, what is with all the hammy issues around the Leauge?  Do the trainers not really enforce pregame/pre-practice stretching anymore?  Sure they go through the motions, but are they really stretching.  I remember my track coach busting our balls for not stretching properly, especially the sprinters.  He knew they were the most likely to pull a hammy and watched them close during warm ups to ensure they actually stretched properly.

yeah, there was like 8 hammy injuries yesterday... pretty wild. I believe that comes out to about 5% of the league had a hammy injury yesterday.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

No disrespect, but I am pretty sure NFL players do far more stretching and training than you ever have. Again no disrespect because they have definitely done far more stretching and training than me too.

Hamstring injuries happen because playing a 60-minute full-speed football game for the first time in months ain't easy.  This is the case every Week 1, it has nothing to do with trainers not emphasizing stretching.  Same reason you see guys get dehydrated every Week 1 too, although with all the rain it wasn't as much of a problem this year.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

stretching doesn't prevent hamstring strains, like someone said above, Horn didn't do too much during the preseason and then was going all out in week 1. it takes time for muscles to adapt to heavy workload.

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

No disrespect, but I am pretty sure NFL players do far more stretching and training than you ever have. Again no disrespect because they have definitely done far more stretching and training than me too.

Hamstring injuries happen because playing a 60-minute full-speed football game for the first time in months ain't easy.  This is the case every Week 1, it has nothing to do with trainers not emphasizing stretching.  Same reason you see guys get dehydrated every Week 1 too, although with all the rain it wasn't as much of a problem this year.

Injuries happen all season, but to my recollection, I can't remember this many hammy injuries even for week 1.

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yes, Ridder did look timid, but in that timidness took what we gave him.  Don't get me wrong, I think Ridder sucks, but the dink and dunk game can be effective even in it's boring simplicity.

I think their coach, who came from the Titans, has brought over some of the same concepts. Run centric, game manager qb, ball control.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

stretching doesn't prevent hamstring strains, like someone said above, Horn didn't do too much during the preseason and then was going all out in week 1. it takes time for muscles to adapt to heavy workload.

I used to go to Panthers camp every year until recently and yes, some dudes don't take stretching seriously.  Maybe it was just at camp.  While stretching doesn't prevent hammy injuries, it sure does lessen the risk of one.  If coaches are letting these guys go into week 1 without going full speed at least some reps during camp or preseason, that's on the coaches.