• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What has Scott Fitterer done right?

hepcat

I could write a long list of Fitterer’s failures as Panthers GM. What has he done right? I am really having trouble figuring it out. 

Picking Icky? Is that the best thing he’s done? Zavala if he pans out as a legit starter? Maybe Chuba Hubbard? Wait never mind it was who Matt Rhule’s WIFE who picked him. 

• Flames 1

He's got a few decent draft picks. Icky most would agree was a no brainer kind of pick though. We had an immense need at LT and it was one of three options. Either way you're rolling the dice. Horn would be his shining achievement but the kid can't and possibly won't ever stay healthy. His initial signings on the OL were instant turds ie Elflein and Erving. His trades are ehhhhh Gilmore ended up being a needless GM mode on Madden kind of move. The 3rd we sent to the Jaguars for Henderson is looking like a steal for them at the moment. The trade for Shenault is likely another pointless one if he can't stay healthy which was his issue with his last team. There's just a lot of eh or meh or outright bad mixed in with his overall body of work as GM. When you consider the fact he's being kept upright on the defense by two Hurney picks in Brown and Burns you have to ask yourself what are our standards if the guy we agree was absolute poo as a GM is the only reason our roster hasn't fully bottomed out in Fitterer's 3rd season as GM.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm far from sold. I've watched folks staunchly defend him and Gettlemnan both simply because they aren't Marty Hurney but at some point we have to move on from simply getting away from Hurney and try to get an actual competent GM.

Hurney could at least identify a star player which I’ve yet to see Fitterer figure out. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm far from sold. I've watched folks staunchly defend him and Gettlemnan both simply because they aren't Marty Hurney but at some point we have to move on from simply getting away from Hurney and try to get an actual competent GM.

The problem with that is Tepper is still in charge of making that decision on the next GM.

Everything he touches turns to shiittt!

• Pie 1