• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign VICK this Offseason!

dmo4455

Dan, you love dogs. How could you?

Vick should be forced to eat a dog turd every day for the privilege to make millions again playing a game. A great dane dog turd. The kind that comes out the butt and swirls around three or four times before finally being pinched off. With steam coming off it.

I`d be real interested to hear Dan`s reaction to your belief that Fox, Hurney and Richardson don`t want a black QB as face of the franchise.

So I should listen to what Dan says about our conservative front office that he used to work for, but I shouldnt listen to his assessment of Vick (a player he competed against) that he would help this franchise. Gotcha. :frown2:

It's hard to evaluate Matt Moore. He's probably not as bad as the Pats game, and not as good as the Vikings game. Imo he is somewhere in between the two extremes. At this point I'm just happy to see a QB in a Panther jersey who can play decent.

As for Vick, he throws a good deep ball, but so does Moore. Vick is great when he can get out of the pocket and scramble, but can he continue take the punishment? On a personal level, I think Vick is a total a$$hole.

So I should listen to what Dan says about our conservative front office that he used to work for, but I shouldnt listen to his assessment of Vick (a player he competed against) that he would help this franchise. Gotcha. :frown2:

Dan has no experience as a talent evaluator, but I`m pretty sure he could still speak authoritatively (and in all likelihood, angrily) on the accusation that his former bosses and co-workers are racists.

I'm with D-Mo on this one.

I hate Vick just as much as the next guy, I mean, he's the enemy, and I was strongly opposed to Vick last offseason, but the pickings at QB are slim this offseason, and frankly, I'm not sold on Moore.

There are too many grumblings in the locker room about him, and I'm not so quick to fall for what was a bloated performance last night.

The ball carries made some astounding plays last night, which resulted in a very high YAC number, not to mention, the defense carried us for the first 3 quarters.

I am just NOT sold on Moore, and some QB competition in camp between him and Vick would be a good thing.

+1 for you DMo.

I agree with bringing in Vick if we can, I'm not ready to settle on Moore after one good game. Whatever you think about Vick as a person, he was one of the all-time greatest playmakers in the history of the NFL at any position. I'm sure Dan has a keen appreciation for Vick's talents. The guy could run like a deer and has a laser-rocket arm. I also believe his personal troubles are behind him.

Look at what Vince Young has been able to do now that he has his head screwed on straight. Can you even imagine Vick and DeAngelo running the option? Can you imagine Vick scrambling around in the backfield and hitting Steve Smith on a bomb in the end zone?

As for the concussion comments, come on guys... have a little class and show some respect to one of the greatest players that has even worn a Panthers uniform.

Concussions are bad.

I dare you to say that to Dan's face with your sicking & lame ass joke. I dare you, unless you have the guts to say so than hiding your ass under the computer. And I can say I met Dan in person & many others as well. You should stop this kind of joke if you know what good for you.

I`m not entirely convinced that Moore should be next year`s starter, but I`m moving in that direction.

Two more games where he continues to show steady improvement and increased confidence and I`ll be on board.

This... Crowning Moore right now is quite premature.. How he plays in a few games doesn't mean he will be a good QB. That takes place through the extent of his time here... If he continues playing good and ends the season on high notes, then perhaps he's earned the temporary fix.

I say still bring in competition and make him earn it still. There's no use in trying to settle on the most important position in the game... A QB must be able to show up at some point in the game and keep our defense off the field.

Mistakes will come, but our next QB needs to be top priority.. and I don't think settling or going through the "let's plug in a guy and see how this goes for a year or 2" is the answer..

I dont think its a coincidence that a former defensive player for the Panthers is lobbying for us to bring in Michael Vick. Dan Morgan knows first hand what Vick can do.

I said it before, we're not afraid of Vick sucking, we're afraid of his star power and the national attention he would bring to our franchise. Vick would sell alot of jerseys here and would immediately become 1 of our biggest stars and many Pantherland dont want that. At least if you bring in a guy like Campbell who's mediocre at best, you can easily replace him with a "more marketable" QB in a year or so with not alot of fanfare (see Rodney Peete 2003), and you can quiet the black fans of the Panthers and the NFL like myself who are embarassed by the teams "gentlemen's agreement" when it comes to the QB position.

How do you walk around with such a big chip on your shoulder? Must make you tired.

Archived