• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer Set Us Back A Decade w/ Two Trades

App Panther

On 9/18/2023 at 10:33 PM, HarbingersDad said:

And in the process miss one of the most talented QB drafts in recent memory. There’s so much talent coming out in 2024 it’s almost stupid. Imagine not trading DJ, sucking this year, and being in play for Caleb Williams. That’s what we fugged ourselves on. 

Yeah but that poo sometimes get said about some pretty disappointing classes in hindsight. 

I mean, has Sunshine down in Jacksonville really turned into a generational talent? Just one example of how those hype trains can sometimes get out of hand.

Edited by kungfoodude

Guys, Bryce will be fine. I don't think that trade sets us back as badly as you all think. It only sets us back if he sh*ts the bed on actually working around the trade. 

And get outta here with that CMC talk. Paying that one player would have set us back more than the trade did. 

I am not a Fitterer apologist by any means, but I think the premise of this thread is a bit dramatic. 

• Pie 1

On 9/18/2023 at 11:00 PM, Chad_Cota said:

trade for Gilmore, did not resign. 
trade for CJ Henderson for a 3rd, dan Arnold. 
Trade for Shenault. 
Trade for Bryce. (2 1st, 2 2nds, and DJ Moore)

Traded CMC for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th 

Rams offered 2 1st, 2nd for burns. Last year of contract, no extension. 

Got cute and took local fav CJ Horn over Pat Surtain. Tepper sucks and so does Fitterererer. 

On 9/18/2023 at 10:53 PM, Ricky Spanish said:

Jesus this fanbase sucks.

2 games into his rookie year and he's already been written off.

Unbelievable.

The knives are out for Reich too.  A few weeks ago the Huddle was completely in love with Reich and his dream-team of coaches.

Yes, this fanbase sucks.

On 9/18/2023 at 10:20 PM, davos said:

I'm kind of on the other side as time goes by.

I honestly get packaging Moore to make a trade for a top QB.  It sucked, but you swallow that pill, take the gamble, if you think you found your guy. I understand the gamble.

What I still really don't understand, is we had a perpetual OPOY candidate, 26 years old, one of the biggest stars in the NFL, the best possible guy to have for a rookie QB, and the first step we take into a rebuild was giving him away to the top team in our own conference for a few mid-rounders.  No players in return, just a few draft picks.  

Someone, please explain that to me.  

I guess it made some sense at the time to collect assets, but we didn't blow the team up! We tried a soft reset.  The more that time goes by, I'm trying to understand exactly what we were trying to accomplish with that.

All that about CMC would make sense if the team didn't so dramatically improve in all phases after we got rid of him.  He was too much of a security blanket.