• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Shaq likely done for year

UNCrules2187

On 9/18/2023 at 11:55 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

The last player from the Keep Pounding era. Remember when this dude was starting with Luke and TD. Now he's likely done in a Panthers uni.smh

Everything is coming full circle now. 

Such a great OLB that we forced to fill in for the irreplaceable Luke and still did an admirable job at MLB. It's sad to think how elite that linebacking core was in 2015 😭

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

He went down in the 1st quarter. D was gassed either way by the 4th considering the lopsided time of possession

I'm not going to deny that, but shaq's replacement is best served as a sub (and based on the way he played, probably a obvious passing down sub)

My gripe is most of our forum hates Shaq for no reason outside of thinking he is overpaid. Honestly that is probably most of our team

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I'm not going to deny that, but shaq's replacement is best served as a sub (and based on the way he played, probably a obvious passing down sub)

My gripe is most of our forum hates Shaq for no reason outside of thinking he is overpaid. Honestly that is probably most of our team

Yeha I got no problem with Shaq I just didn't think there was a major drop off. Or maybe the Offense and CB's are so bad LB somehow isn't an eye sore lol

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeha I got no problem with Shaq I just didn't think there was a major drop off. Or maybe the Offense and CB's are so bad LB somehow isn't an eye sore lol

Seeing that our star pass rusher called it quits in the fourth, that might explain our d-line being worse. I don't think Shaq is well suited for a 3-4 defense also

18 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

I do not understand the Shaq hate, dudes been one of the few consistent players on defense for years. Nothing but respect and appreciation for him!

It sucks for a great guy like Shaq, but he is the symbol for the organizations lack of understanding off the ball linebacker is no longer a premium position. Which it a symbol for the front office not adapting to new realities.

I don't think anyone don't like the man, his play or his effort.

I respect and appreciate Shaq Thompson.

He has been a great Panther that had to live in the shadow of some pretty tough acts. Is judged alongside TD and Luke, where at the same time nearly every guy that comes through for the next 20 years will have a tough job measuring up to them. 

Edited by stratocatter