• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young performance graph #2

Mr. Scot

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yeah but more of those accurate passes are screens and short yardage. 
His long pass accuracy has been pretty atrocious. 
But at least he is overthrowing and not under throwing right?

Again, two games...but that brings up a point.

Some have suggested that the staff might have some training wheels on Young. Because of this, they've complained that he needs to be free to throw it around as much as he wants, even if it means throwing interceptions.

I disagree.

If there's one thing I've seen in a load of quarterbacks, it's that bad habits which get built early on don't go away. They especially have a very unfortunate tendency to show up in later games when said quarterback is under duress.

So if they think limiting him or holding him back can serve as a way to keep from those bad habits ever showing up in the first place, I'm all for it.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Right now I'm seeing had habits develop on Bryce. He's indecisive and hesitant. It seems to me like he's questioning his ability to make throws at this level. 

Which is something about 99% of NFL rookie quarterback do.

But again, if that's a concern, I don't have a problem with limiting what he does.

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

few seem to, lol. Can't believe I haven't yet been called a weirdo Bryce stan by the guy who got mad we didn't pick reigning NFL MVP Justin Fields. 

I wanted Stroud over anyone, I said the trade in March was one of the worst in NFL history and I've hated Alabama for longer than I can remember, but the vitriol in here after a 1 TD no INT, 3-point loss is straight-up retarded. 

I think what it is, is that a lot of people didn't want Bryce to begin with (let alone the trade).

We have then been told by every coach, player, "expert", and fan that he has this super brain and was the most pro ready QB in the bunch and that he's exceeded all expectations.

Then we see this........

So for people like myself, it's a flooding back of all our concerns over him in the first place, the things we've tried our best to ignore and get excited about Bryce ever since the pick was official, since he was then our QB and we want him to do well.  Which is why I keep hammering home that I'm less upset about Bryce the player right now than I am about just getting re-pissed off about the trade, which is still so much worse than the Bryce pick because of the value vs risk being off the charts against us here.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Definitely possible, but if the bar is Cam-level avoidance, lol. 

I do find it ironic he has the longest run of the season by anyone on this team, but the whining about his athleticism continues.

Cam didn't usually avoid; he ran over people.  That might be why he didn't last as long as those that learned to just get rid of it.  

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Definitely possible, but if the bar is Cam-level avoidance, lol. 

I do find it ironic he has the longest run of the season by anyone on this team, but the whining about his athleticism continues.

He's athletic enough for the NFL for sure. That won't be his problem escaping sacks

Just now, tukafan21 said:

I think what it is, is that a lot of people didn't want Bryce to begin with (let alone the trade).

We have then been told by every coach, player, "expert", and fan that he has this super brain and was the most pro ready QB in the bunch and that he's exceeded all expectations.

Then we see this........

So for people like myself, it's a flooding back of all our concerns over him in the first place, the things we've tried our best to ignore and get excited about Bryce ever since the pick was official, since he was then our QB and we want him to do well.  Which is why I keep hammering home that I'm less upset about Bryce the player right now than I am about just getting re-pissed off about the trade, which is still so much worse than the Bryce pick because of the value vs risk being off the charts against us here.

I hated the trade no matter who was picked. And I got LIT. UP. over it in here, by many of the people who *now *hate it.

But Bryce is here, he's an insanely likable dude and he played better than I expected on Monday. I was expecting several picks (and the "well he almost got picked" crowd is telling on themselves) and a 30-6 beatdown. I like some of the throws he's made, I really like his awareness and I think he needs to run more and learn how to slide. I'd like to see some deep completions as well, but I also see his targets and realize that coupling their inability to get separation with his downfield struggles and just God-awful route concepts, that those things aren't realistic. Plus, Reich likes his short throws.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which is something about 99% of NFL rookie quarterback do.

But again, if that's a concern, I don't have a problem with limiting what he does.

I think the whole selling point on Bryce was how mentally ready he was and how smart he was and how he'd be outsmarting defenses left and right. Because his physical toolset was always marginal.