• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young performance graph #2

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

We heard a lot of things during camp about Bryce being mobile, throwing off platform, using multiple arm angles and throwing guys open when they are covered. That hasn’t been the case to start the season. 

I am not an expert, but I’m of the belief that maybe he is being over coached at the moment and given too much to think about instead of letting him play more freely. 

Reich is ass so far. I'm also looking at our wide receivers coach. In all this staff is majorly underwhelming. I was concerned about all the fluff the Panthers PR was putting out about this group a few months back. Now it's becoming more clear.

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Doesn’t change the fact he looks significantly further along than Bryce right now. 

How much do you know about what the other teams are asking their quarterbacks to do be what ours is doing?

We already discussed that the quarterback you think is doing so much better was down 28-10 at the end of one half. Haven't seen a response.

1 hour ago, Martin said:

However, Bryce’s start has been disappointing, no matter the circumstances. If you say you aren’t a bit disappointed you are not being honest.

No, I'm not, and I'm being honest.

Frankly, that's pretty easy to say for someone who wasn't expecting a rookie quarterback to look like King of the world after two games.

Talk to me about how he looks nearer season's end and going into next year because that's when I'll be looking to see good performance.

14 hours ago, frankw said:

Anti intellectual would be propping up one set of data that fits the narrative while ignoring clear data that shows he's the lowest ranked quarterback in the league and has the 3rd lowest YPA of any QB ever in their first two starts.

Nothing is set in stone but it's going horrifically so far. That's the rub.

It’s a pretty comprehensive set of data. This graph combined with the advanced metrics we’ve seen on both time to throw and average yards of separation paint a pretty clear picture which meshes well with eye test (at least so far as it pertains to people who know what they’re looking at and don’t get consumed with watching the QB) if what is going on

horrific is also a sensational, perhaps even, hysterical, term given the aforementioned performances on other recent rookie QBs through their first games and first seasons-ones that are leading their teams on deep playoff runs

youre impatient 

that’s the problem 

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Growl said:

It’s a pretty comprehensive set of data. This graph combined with the advanced metrics we’ve seen on both time to throw and average yards of separation paint a pretty clear picture which meshes well with eye test (at least so far as it pertains to people who know what they’re looking at and don’t get consumed with watching the QB) if what is going on

horrific is also a sensational, perhaps even, hysterical, term given the aforementioned performances on other recent rookie QBs through their first games and first seasons-ones that are leading their teams on deep playoff runs

youre impatient 

that’s the problem 

The NFL has and will always be a what have you done for me lately league. If your issue is fans being impatient after giving up a haul of picks and a premium player maybe you should go join a golf discussion board.

Just now, frankw said:

The NFL has and will always be a what have you done for me lately league. If your issue is fans being impatient after giving up a haul of picks and a premium player maybe you should go join a golf discussion board.

oh so you’re just here to react sensationally to get the voices out of your head

okay noted

Just now, Growl said:

oh so you’re just here to react sensationally to get the voices out of your head

okay noted

The Carolina Panthers built this story around Bryce Young and his "elite" QB intelligence. They told us they determined him to be the most pro ready QB in the draft by a significant margin. Instead of directing your scorn toward other fans for rightly describing this as a shitshow on arrival maybe start asking more questions of the decision makers.

• Pie 1

The offense is full of problems, and play calling (or execution) seems suspect at best.  There's also been very little for me to hang my hat on and be excited about with BY, but I'm not ready to give up on him entirely or something... I just haven't seen a lot to inspire hope yet.  But, over reacting too much to the first couple games of the season just creates needless frustration.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, frankw said:

The Carolina Panthers built this story around Bryce Young and his "elite" QB intelligence. They told us they determined him to be the most pro ready QB in the draft by a significant margin. Instead of directing your scorn toward other fans for rightly describing this as a shitshow on arrival maybe start asking more questions of the decision makers.

pro ready doesn’t mean immediately step into the extremely complex environment that is an nfl football field and be a superstar just so frankw doesn’t look silly at the water cooler 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

How much do you know about what the other teams are asking their quarterbacks to do be what ours is doing?

We already discussed that the quarterback you think is doing so much better was down 28-10 at the end of one half. Haven't seen a response.

Even when the game has been closer, Stroud has looked better than Bryce. Richardson has looked better than Bryce as well. 

Just now, Varking said:

Even when the game has been closer, Stroud has looked better than Bryce. Richardson has looked better than Bryce as well. 

So are you saying you know that the other teams have been putting the same workload on those guys as we have Young?

If so, what's your evidence?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So are you saying you know that the other teams have been putting the same workload on those guys as we have Young?

I think it might be time to slow down the arguing on this one, it is ok to embrace the role of the contrarian, but it has turned in to something close to spamming at this point.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

What workload is on them is irrelevant when the games go live on Sunday. Stroud and Richardson look more pro ready than Bryce. 

If they suit up and play they need to perform and the other two rookies are outperforming Bryce. 

Bryce is 12th in total pass attempts but he’s 28th in completion percentage and 31st in yards and dead last in average with 4.2. He’s only ahead of Zach Wilson is quarterback rating. You can point to things CJ is doing great. You can point to things that Richardson is doing great. If Bryce is failing because he’s being asked to somehow do more than maybe he’s not ready for the workload. 

I don’t believe this is too big for him. I think he’s just played poorly for two weeks and the things he was advertised as hasn’t shown up yet outside of if a guy is wide open he can accurately get them the ball. But we were pitched that he can throw people open. Now folks are grumbling saying Theilen and Hurst and Sanders aren’t good enough to get open enough for Bryce to make plays.