• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s talk Brian Burns (trade)

ncfan

Just now, Smithers said:

YGM is outperforming Burns right now.  There’s a reason Burns was only in on 68% of the plays and had to play 20% of special teams snaps 

You sure that’s why he wasn’t on the field.  And nothing to do with him limping and already being on the injury report from last week

• Pie 1

I mean we're in a rough place.  We didn't take the great trade offered by the Rams so Burns and his agent know how much value we place on him so they have an advantage there.  We now look like a desperate team in need of any help so I'm not sure the trade market is the best place either.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Take what you can because Burns isn't a foundational piece and he never was. Good passrusher and not much else. 

Alright 

so now how do you go about this offseason knowing DJ Johnson And Barno are your only Edge rushers under contract?

That my point of this thread.  I’ve heard a lot of trade him Vs keep him debate.

So let’s trade him, now what….

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Alright 

so now how do you go about this offseason knowing DJ Johnson And Barno are your only Edge rushers under contract?

That my point of this thread.  I’ve heard a lot of trade him Vs keep him debate.

Aren’t there some solid DE FAs next year, and all I keep hearing about is our cap space, maybe sign one of them? Use the money from burns to pay Luvu and Brown? 

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Alright 

There are no easy answers. Someone has to step up and at the end of either options this will still not be a good team but one has the chance to pick a 1st level talent and have the room for a good FA or 2 with Burns being elsewhere. I would take option 2 every time given Burn's value on the field vs what he wants and will be paid. It's not just a draft pick but also room to sing free agents along with the picks trading away Burns gives in value. 

9 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Trade him for tee Higgins and a pick

Now question 

would the Bengals even offer that trade.

considering

The reason the Bengals are shopping him is due to $$ after they just paid Burrow and going to pay Chase

So are they going to trade for a Edge rusher that is seeking 30 mil a year? 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

I would love a first, do you think that would be possible? 

Maybe - I think it depends on a few things like how Burns plays and if the Bengals get their act together.  If they return to form the pick is lower but they would wanna keep Higgins if they have a SB run this year.  But would be great

• Pie 1