• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Average time to throw (Spoiler alert: Bryce is 2nd to last)

LinvilleGorge

Just now, CRA said:

Dalton is a fine mentor backup.  That’s what we need.  There is no point in him playing outside of giving Bryce time though.  That’s all. 

I can’t keep everyone straight.  There is a building narrative that some people just want to see us win pointless games with Dalton.  I don’t care about wins.  Especially pointless ones with Dalton.  They need to find away to get things settled to get Bryce back on the field.  

The way he was playing part of that process might be sitting for awhile. The kid looked like he was on the verge of seeing ghosts.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The way he was playing part of that process might be sitting for awhile. The kid looked like he was on the verge of seeing ghosts.

Well, I support Bryce sitting right now. I still think this is a horrible spot around a young QB. They need to get it better before Bryce plays.

reality is, you give up the type pressure we did Sunday.  With no run game.  In this offense? Andy Dalton is going to have some horrible days in the near future with more of that. Just a matter of time.  Just going to take a different opponent. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Well, I support Bryce sitting right now. I still think this is a horrible spot around a young QB. They need to get it better before Bryce plays.

reality is, you give up the type pressure we did Sunday.  With no run game.  In this offense? Andy Dalton is going to have some horrible days in the near future with more of that. Just a matter of time.  Just going to take a different opponent. 

Yep, the left side of the OL has to Olay better. No way around it. Dalton honestly played way better than I expected.

It can’t be said enough and I think posters keep losing sight of this, he is a rookie. Of course a decade long vet is going to get the ball out faster. The other issue I think is that Bryce is over processing. He is going through his reads because he isn’t trusting the first or second or even third and the protection just won’t hold up that long. Dalton had considerably more urgency to trust the first read and get it out this past weekend.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Dalton is a fine mentor backup.  That’s what we need.  There is no point in him playing outside of giving Bryce time though.  That’s all. 

I can’t keep everyone straight.  There is a building narrative that some people just want to see us win pointless games with Dalton.  I don’t care about wins.  Especially pointless ones with Dalton.  They need to find away to get things settled to get Bryce back on the field.  

Okay so it was what I suspected...you don't actually read what I post and you just attribute random arguments to me.  I don't want Dalton starting, I want Bryce back under center ASAP.  I think it's clear from my original post that I'm simply "hyping up" Dalton (in your words) to explain why he seemingly outperformed Bryce Young yesterday.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He will have all season to prove himself. We can only judge him off what we've seen so far.

Hopefully he shows signs of improvement as the season goes.

I don't know why this is so hard to grasp. We'd all be celebrating if he was playing great. The reality is that he hasn't been. It is what it is. Hopefully he improves.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, MGH1989 said:

It hasn’t been great and he is clearly sped up, but I did not see anything near seeing ghosts.

It looked to me like he was hesitating and second guessing everything. I don't know if he's hesitating because he's questioning his reads or hesitating because he's questioning his ability to make the throws.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know why this is so hard to grasp. We'd all be celebrating if he was playing great. The reality is that he hasn't been. It is what it is. Hopefully he improves.

I think the issue people have with your takes is that they are extremely surface level.  When it comes to Bryce, you basically just keep saying "Man that Bryce guy just straight up looks BAD!".  But we can all see, even in this very thread, that when someone points out how objectively awful of a game Howell had, all of a sudden you're very nuanced: "Well he had a bad game, but wow that was such awful protection.  They really need to fix the protection.  They also need to do a better job of establishing a run game to open up play action.  Oh and they need better playcalling - more screens and slants to open up the deep pass".  Like...what?  You could say the exact same thing with Bryce.  But instead, it's "Yoooo Bryce frickin SUX amirite???".

• Pie 4

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I absolutely don't.  But I'm not going to distort reality. Reality is that Bryce has been bad and Dalton was significantly better yesterday. That sucks, but like I said that is just cold hard reality. Going around being on utter denial doesn't make you a good fan. Any decent fan hopes Bryce will improve and be a great QB. But any rational fan has to admit that he hasn't been good so far. Sorry.

Yeah but you are also completely neglecting the fact that the Falcons and Saints both have significantly better defenses than the Seahawks which might be why the receivers were more open yesterday than the first two weeks. 

It really seems like you're looking for reasons to hate the kid without letting things shake out. 

"After the first two games he ever played he holds onto the ball forever but the 13 year former franchise QB who was an average starter didn't. VERY concerning."

Like, chill. Give the kid some grace.

Dang.

• Pie 2