• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young Won the Job at the Pro Day Dinner

Towelboy

Holy crap when hasn't Tepper been involved with the process? WTF are yall talking about. He is always in the room. Draft, scouting trips, meatballs. He doesn't look like a Jerry trying to be a GM but he sure is on hand anytime something goes down. That doesn't take away form the rest of the crew doing their thing. He is always there and crap always ends up the same seems to be the consistent things going on since he bought the team. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We picked the QB that most charts had as the top QB in the draft. Yes most of us including myself preferred Stroud, but most analysts had Young as QB1. It wasn’t some shocking reach when it was announced. Fitt and Reich have both said it was Young from the beginning. He is why they traded up and his interviews just confirmed what they thought 

Now a DL landing on our QB’s ankle (which there is footage of) caused an injury and we aren’t going to try to force a rookie QB to play through it. He will sit until the medical team clears him for play as stated over and over again. I know it’s nothing exciting but it’s what is happening. 

I think it's because size taken out of the equation, Young was the clear better prospect.

Coaches are arrogant who think they can solve a problem like a small QB by being smarter than everyone else.

Fans are afraid of injuries (particularly thanks to the rise of fantasy football) and thus couldn't get past the injury concerns.  I personally always said his size was the only reason I didn't want him, not even his height, just didn't think he was ever going to have a chance at staying healthy long term.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

When you're talking about the face of a billion dollar business, that decision isn't being pushed without the owner. You said there wasn't a whisper of Tepper putting any influence into that. I'm calling BS. There's no way in hell I allow a man accused of 24 counts of sexual misconduct to be the face of my business, especially when every other owner is sitting quiet, without being heavily involved and influencing that decision. All this was happening before the settlement agreements. He was willing to do this without knowing what the outcome was going to be. Do you know what that would do to the image of this franchise and its value? I don't give a poo how good the meatballs are, no way Tepper is letting Rhule cost him potentially billions without being heavily involved in the decision making process. 

First of all, all the other teams weren't sitting quiet, there were multiple teams trying to trade for him.

Second, if it really was Tepper's call and he was the one forcing it, he'd have agreed to the fully guaranteed deal and made sure the deal got done.

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Even if we picked CJ he would suck here. It's not a Bryce problem, it's an organizational problem.

It's definitely on the coaches to develop Bryce and to create an offensive game plan that he can execute.  Sometimes offensive coordinators want a QB to run his system rather than basing the system on the abilities of his QB, right?  

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

If you were a Bears fan you'd be lambasting Bears' ownership instead of Carolina's ownership.  😉  🙂  

chicago-bears-forum.31

Sure would, but I’d also have hope for the future. I’ve never been so down on this team as I am right now…and that’s saying something because I was in the stands during the Pickle year. 

Edited by Towelboy
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Holy crap when hasn't Tepper been involved with the process? WTF are yall talking about. He is always in the room. Draft, scouting trips, meatballs. He doesn't look like a Jerry trying to be a GM but he sure is on hand anytime something goes down. That doesn't take away form the rest of the crew doing their thing. He is always there and crap always ends up the same seems to be the consistent things going on since he bought the team. 

I'm quite confident in saying the overwhelming majority of owners in this league are in all of those meetings as well.

I'm sure some owners aren't, like Ford in Detroit or McNair in Houston, I don't see the 70+ year old women who inherited the team when their husbands died to be in those rooms, but I guarantee someone else in the ownership family is, such as Cal McNair would be instead.

3 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

It's definitely on the coaches to develop Bryce and to create an offensive game plan that he can execute.  Sometimes offensive coordinators want a QB to run his system rather than basing the system on the abilities of his QB, right?  

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. People can slam Bryce all they want, but at the end of the day we have a franchise level issues starting with the Teppers, goes down to that joke of a GM Fitterer and makes its way down to this entire coaching staff who is highly overrated.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Two freaking games(three for Stroud) and the Huddle experts have already concluded that Bryce is a bust and CJ is a future HOFer. 

Maybe we should take the yellow jackets back from every single first round QB who played like dog poop their first season and then went on to ball out.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

Just now, mc52beast said:

Two freaking games(three for Stroud) and the Huddle experts have already concluded that Bryce is a bust and CJ is a future HOFer. 

Maybe we should take the yellow jackets back from every single first round QB who played like dog poop their first season and then went on to ball out.

Agreed.  Well said.  

6 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Even if we picked CJ he would suck here. It's not a Bryce problem, it's an organizational problem.

^This.

Y'all acting like the Texans wouldn't have pounced on Young if they had the #1 pick. He was the consensus top pick across the NFL, and it wasn't even close.

Yes, Young is having a slower start due to the WRs having minimal ability to separate. The Texans WRs, while no world beaters, do separate much better.

Development takes time. Young isn't perfect off the gate, and that's fine. Likely he will improve as the season goes on.

The team may suck and be 2010 levels bad, but the goal is to see Young improve through that. He isn't the problem. Stroud/Richardson would also be bad with this team, as unfortunately Reich can't call a good game + WRs separation ability/o-line philosophy doesn't mix well with the offensive game.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

I'm quite confident in saying the overwhelming majority of owners in this league are in all of those meetings as well.

I'm sure some owners aren't, like Ford in Detroit or McNair in Houston, I don't see the 70+ year old women who inherited the team when their husbands died to be in those rooms, but I guarantee someone else in the ownership family is, such as Cal McNair would be instead.

He is acting a lot more like the owners that meddle. Plenty of flags out there. 

You sound desperate and your case does not hold up under scrutiny. Tepper has been apart of every process every year. He was learning from them his first year. He was buddies with Rhule his first year. And he was still going on serious scouting visits when they still had him coming in for a personal visit where it's much more likely to meet owners at their house and such right?

It's like some of yall did not experience JRs pr years. He was such a fair, kind and respectful gentleman because they told me so and he looked it. LOL

5 minutes ago, Towelboy said:

Sure would, but I’d also have hope for the future. I’ve never been so down on this team as I am right now…and that’s saying something because I was in the stands during the Pickle year. 

Bryce is going to be good.  You knew this year would be a development year for Bryce and that Carolina wasn't winning a Super Bowl this season.  Carolina, just like everybody else, will need to build this team by making good draft picks and acquiring key players via free agency.  

• Pie 1