• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is a disaster, and it really isn't too early to consider firing Reich

Bear Hands

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

If you fire Reich, might as well try and trade Bryce by the deadline too.

If you fire a HC 4 games into his tenure, after he traded away the farm to move up and take a QB of Bryce's size, while he's struggling this much... good luck attracting even a Rhule level of a HC to the job.

We're stuck with Reich and Bryce for at least 2, maybe 3 years.

What is Bryce’s trade value right now? He has only played 3 games 

I've argued this before--

From my perspective, I felt like Tepper tried to be the more composed, patient owner.  Didn't immediately fire Rivera, Hurney.  Wanted to appear to see things through.  Then once Ron was gone, he wanted to seem like the guy to gamble on the high upside college guy. 

He stressed throughout Rhule's tenure he was willing to give it time.  From his end, I think he feels like he's been patient and now finally went with what was supposed to be a sound, high-floor situation with the coaching staff rather than the Steichen or Moore route, and now that has blown up in his face.  I think he's honestly done being patient.  

Fitt's picks aren't working out, the stars that were here upon arrival have gone or fizzled, and now, the new FO seems to be failing.  I doubt he's interested in continuing the current trajectory.  

We've got hell ahead.  But if we come out and get worked by Stroud or AR, then be prepared folks. 

15 minutes ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

I rebuilt the brakes on my motorcycle today. Didn't  watch and no regrets. 

Felt like our best chance to win before getting to 0-6, but even with a chance to tie it at the end, I was waiting for us to fug it up and we did. How many teams get to 1st and goal with a chance to tie and in 4 plays they don’t get a single ball even into the end zone? We’ve got almost no chance the next two weeks on the road so I’ll definitely be doing something else.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

This is not typically how I roll.  But re: the title--it really isn't too early.  

He seems like a good dude, he had his success, SB win as an OC...but his hire had the same weirdness that rehiring Hurney and the Hornets rehiring Clifford did.

I gave it some consideration as he built the staff, seemed super promising.  We heard the players who came to praise the crew we brought together, we heard talking heads hype this coaching situation.  It has just been an unmitigated disaster thus far and we're about to play a league top Lions team and then Miami.. 0-6 is coming folks.

Things still feel directionless. They don't trust Bryce.  Bryce doesn't trust himself, the playcalling is awful, the OL is depleted, the whole team seems to be in a tailspin.  

They sold us a few things:

• Playoffs were in the cards
  • We built the defense first, offense second, and then had the opportunity to give up assets bc we just needed a QB to insert

They were setting things up as if we were ready for takeoff.  

Then it doesn't quite happen out the gate.  Okay, that's understandable.  But, thing is, even in loses, you want to see SOMETHING.  Some type of WR stepping up, some chunk plays busting out here and there, some nice moments from a guy we spent huge capital to get.  We have gotten nothing. Zilch, zero.  Nada.

This is one of the most embarrassing things I've witnessed as a fan of the Panthers, Blackhawks, Braves, and Hornets.  I've just never seen such flatness, such uninspiring play.  Poor team construction, a QB that seems entirely frazzled.  This entire situation seems awful.  

Rhule was at least a dud that you could say was a dud, bad hire, not NFL caliber.  Reich is this "regarded" figure that is absolutely failing right now.  And the constant talking heads saying Bryce has his moments, or Reich just needs time are looking more silly by the day.

Talk me back into this please.

right there with you about bitachin is not my style, what a test has this team forced.......

Just awful to watch, the defense is saving them each game while being put in a pressure cooker each series. 

Besides the following-

Ejiro Evero

Luvu

DBrown

eddy pineiro

adam thielen

Vonn Bell

*Honorable mentions*

Hayden Hurst (at least got energy and effort)

DeShawn Williams in spots

Dalton was not the issue his one start

YGM had his best game, before read the last line...

(one 1st quarter form Burns....)

Everyone else has been dogshit, including the coaching staff (minus tabor and evero)

Everyone talks about how Dalton played better

Here's a fact to consider...Dalton was 3-1 against Pete's Defense, but yet under Reich he still lost 

9/8/2019 (in Seattle): 35/51 418 yards, 2 TDs (L 20-21) HE'S ONLY LOST, WAS BY 1 PT...BUT...

Frank thought Dalton would save him and let him throw over 50 times thinking that would save him and get us a W. Well wrong again Frank, Dalton only lost to the Seahawks was when he was asked to throw over 50 attempts...smh

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

right there with you about bitachin is not my style, what a test has this team forced.......

Just awful to watch, the defense is saving them each game while being put in a pressure cooker each series. 

Besides the following-

Ejiro Evero

Luvu

DBrown

eddy pineiro

adam thielen

Vonn Bell

*Honorable mentions*

Hayden Hurst (at least got energy and effort)

DeShawn Williams in spots

Dalton was not the issue his one start

YGM had his best game, before read the last line...

(one 1st quarter form Burns....)

Everyone else has been dogshit, including the coaching staff (minus tabor and evero)

Just now, Bluetooth said:

Everyone talks about how Dalton played better

Here's a fact to consider...Dalton was 3-1 against Pete's Defense, but yet under Reich he still lost 

9/8/2019 (in Seattle): 35/51 418 yards, 2 TDs (L 20-21) HE'S ONLY LOST, WAS BY 1 PT...BUT...

Frank thought Dalton would save him and let him throw over 50 times thinking that would save him and get us a W. Well wrong again Frank, Dalton only lost to the Seahawks was when he was asked to throw over 50 attempts...smh

I know AR and CJ are having early success when expectations where very low...... its been 4 games and ive kept quiet until these games passed. Young or franks beliefs in young, just isnt there and dalton should be starting. Very painful and all, but in order to save some face before young is ruined (like many before), he needs practice reps doing the week and sunglasses on sundays....