• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young’s Passing Chart

*FreeFua*

Just now, CRA said:

Frank said Dalton had to ask for some deep throws.  So it at least alluded to week 1-2 being short by the coaches and playcalls. 

So Bryce is asking for all these throws behind the LOS?  It's one thing to ask for a deep shot or two, but even discounting the 30 yard passes from Dalton, the pass charts look a lot different.  You have to ask yourself why?  Same staff, same play caller, same playbook, just a different QB.  Let's not overlook the obvious.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

1/2. Can you not interpret a passing chart or something? 

I can but I was making a comment based on the majority of this thread talking about his inability to connect on deep balls and you brought up completions of 10 or more yards.

10+ yard throws are not considered deep passes but 15/20+ yard throws are and he only attempted 2 of those out of 32 total passes.

Can you not see how that’s an issue?

Just now, 45catfan said:

So Bryce is asking for all these throws behind the LOS?  It's one thing to ask for a deep shot or two, but even discounting the 30 yard passes from Dalton, the pass charts look a lot different.  You have to ask yourself why?  Same staff, same play caller, same playbook, just a different QB.  Let's not overlook the obvious.

I’ll have to find it but Reich is on record somewhere saying Dalton has more playbook to work with than Bryce as they ease him in. Can’t say that seems to be working, we need to let the kid go and start ripping it and see what we have 

Just now, Eazy-E said:

I can but I was making a comment based on the majority of this thread talking about his inability to connect on deep balls and you brought up completions of 10 or more yards.

10+ yard throws are not considered deep passes but 15/20+ yard throws are and he only attempted 2 of those out of 32 total passes.

Can you not see how that’s an issue?

Yes, I do see how that is a play calling issue. I’m glad you see that as well. 

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I saw several routes today in that range and Bryce didn't throw the ball. 

On  a couple of the sacks, Chark was streaking with no safety help but he would turn his body to the left and run right into pressure. He refused to just let it rip. His confidence  is shot and we are in a confusing conflict. Sit him with the hopes of salvaging  his mental  and letting him develop  or play him for the rest of the season and if he doesn't improve, trade him. Can't be stubborn  if no development  happens.  Right now his trajectory  is Teddy Bridgewater.  Maybe if we add talent  like Miami, his style becomes more salvageable  but this is tough to watch weekly. Especially  after watching Dalton fight in Seattle last week. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

What does that have to do with being able to complete passes down field?

Is Bryce’s arm going to get stronger and more accurate the more games he plays?

I don't care that he's not taking deep shots every play, when he's taken deep shots  it's either A - been super tight coverage and I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that the timing was off or it'd be a tough catch (I think it was his 2nd or 3rd preseason game a throw into tight coverage to Thielien) or B - been a near miss (if Chark doesn't get held that's a catch). It's his 3rd game. 

What concerns me is that he's not taking chances into tight windows. Yes our receivers suck at getting separation but there's times where he should give our receivers a shot.  Bryce is a rhythm passer, and he takes deep shots when there's a MU he likes. We have done nothing too often to put our matchups in great spots. 

Chark's deep catch last week is the type of deep shot Bryce is gonna have to learn to take, you act like Dalton is a cannon arm QB. He just doesn't give a fug. He's been around the block a long time, he made a career goin "fug it Green's down there somehwere" so yeah, he knows how to throw jump balls into tight windows. That was not his playstyle at TCU. That was something he had to learn. And that's something we're going to have to hope our QB can learn too. 

But it's his third game and he has zero chemistry or trust in his WRs.  Standing pat on the "Yeah he's a rookie but we're not supporting him as a staff too tough" take. It's year 1. The fourm is always gonna go the "GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER" take no matter the pick. 

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 1

That’s the problem with the dysfunctional franchise we’ve become, when you don’t have a good gm or HC established you can’t evaluate the talent we might have on the roster, but if it’s the teams talent that is the issue, top tier coaching can’t fix that 

we might have both, along with a gm that’s responsible for the lack of talent and lack of draft capital or assets to make up for it

its bad  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Yes, I do see how that is a play calling issue. I’m glad you see that as well. 

I haven’t seen the All 22 for this game but I’d be willing to bet there were more than 2 plays where a player is running a deep route.

• Pie 1

Just now, Eazy-E said:

I haven’t seen the All 22 for this game but I’d be willing to bet there were more than 2 plays where a player is running a deep route.

One of the last plays at the end of the game, a TE was running a seam route on the left hash and Young didn't sling it.  Many more instances, but that one being at the end of the game sticks out in my memory the most.

• Beer 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

One of the last plays at the end of the game, a TE was running a seam route on the left hash and Young didn't sling it.  Many more instances, but that one being at the end of the game sticks out in my memory the most.

Wasn’t even going to go there since he was already asking for time stamps 😂 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, DFive said:

#FireFrank as OC. Not one single pass over 20 yards. We may as well trout Cam Newton out there if we aren’t gonna push the ball down the field. 

It's not frank. Look at last week's against an equally bad secondary.  Dalton had multiple completions over 20 yards. It's Young 100%. 

• Pie 3