• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Booo hooo its not FAIIIR to Compare Cam to Bryce rookie seasons.

Pantha-kun

Just now, Knaakedup said:

Exactly. That Chud offense with two TE (including Shockey) played to his strengths and was awesome. Can't believe we literally never even attempted to get that going for him again.

So many people on here hated Chud. Cam would have been a HOF’er in his offense

1 minute ago, MGH1989 said:

Cam had Jordan Gross and Ryan Kalimantan protecting him and had J-Stew/D-Will to hand it off to and Smitty, Greg Olsen, and Jeremy Shockey to throw the ball to.

Any comparison without the attempt to contextualize is just silly. 

Bryce has Thielen lol

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

Cam had Jordan Gross and Ryan Kali protecting him; had J-Stew/D-Will to hand it off to; and Smitty, Greg Olsen, and Jeremy Shockey to throw the ball to.

Any comparison without the attempt to contextualize is just silly. 

It works both ways man. Even if Bryce doesnt have the most ideal pieces he should be able to do SOMETHING. Which he hasnt. Which is the god damn problem. At some point you're simply deflecting all blame from Bryce when Andy Dalton in the same Offense had it moving like a well oiled machine at times.

Edited by Pantha-kun
  • Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

I never understood it. He was the first and only OC we had that created an offense around Cam, instead of forcing Cam into an offense they wanted. 

Once Rivera's seat started to get hot, he forced Cam into becoming more of game manager instead of letting him take risks/grow. McDermott def took note and didn't panic with Josh Allens early struggles.

3 minutes ago, Shaqil915 said:

Once Rivera's seat started to get hot, he forced Cam into becoming more of game manager instead of letting him take risks/grow. McDermott def took note and didn't panic with Josh Allens early struggles.

Very, very good point. God, I hate this team. 

Olsen was no better then Hurst when he was traded here, and Shockey was on his last legs. Cams supporting cast was for sure better but let's not act like part of it wasnt because they were elevated by a QB that could take advantage of them. Bryce wouldn't attempt half the throws Cam was throwing to Smitty that year.  

• Pie 3

39 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

Exactly. That Chud offense with two TE (including Shockey) played to his strengths and was awesome. Can't believe we literally never even attempted to get that going for him again.

It’s because Tolbert replaced Shockey. We didn’t use a fullback in Cam’s rookie year.

32 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

It works both ways man. Even if Bryce doesnt have the most ideal pieces he should be able to do SOMETHING. Which he hasnt. Which is the god damn problem. At some point you're simply deflecting all blame from Bryce when Andy Dalton in the same Offense had it moving like a well oiled machine at times.

No, I am being an adult realizing not everything is black and white and that we can use nuance instead of not taking everything. Bryce has shown some good things and made some bone headed mistakes. All of this has been in the context of bad weapons and terrible play calling. See nuance.

Cam is the goat man. Been a fan since 95 and nothing can compare to the fun I had watching when cam was here. I became infatuated with this team when he got drafted. It’s going to be hard to replace that, maybe my expectations were too high for Bryce? It doesn’t matter, right now, you’re right, Bryce just doesn’t have “it”, but maybe he will get “it”.