• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has any team ever had the #1 and #2 pick?

LegioX

One thing that really stands out - and it sounds like a size bro complaint because it is - is Cam was so big, that defenders had to try to wrap him up around the midsection to get him down. That gave Cam the opportunity to try to make a play while being contacted. In the play at 1:22 in that video, Cam ends up making a throw with a defender wrapped around his waist like a tutu. I just don't see how Bryce will ever be able to make a throw with a defender hanging off him. Hell, I don't presently see how he can take a hit without fumbling.

No...but things similarly to this are not surprising lately. Texans had 2 and 3 last draft and it looks to be paying off and a couple teams had 2 picks in the first round. If im the bears i keep them. Getting the 2 top overall players on your roster is a rich that is extremely rare. 

8 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Wow not thought about this. They could grab Caleb Williams and then trade for someone who wants Maye for a Kings Ransome

They need multiple defensive linemen. So they have two routes to go:

1. Fields sucks the rest of the year and they draft Caleb first overall. Second pick is to trade back for defensive lineman plus extra picks. 
2. Fields doesn’t keep up with what he just did this week but he looks improved and they stick with him. The defense continues to be ass because they don’t get any pressure on any QB - Bears trade first overall pick for Caleb-takers and then Bears trade second overall pick to move back and accrue like 5 to 6 total first and second rounders. Spend those picks between this year and next on defenders or flip some of the picks for top tier defenders about to be up for contracts. 

There’s a lot of flexibility there. Heck, the nightmare scenario is they draft Williams first overall and then follow it up with Marvin Harrison Jr. but that doesn’t fix how putrid their pass rush is. They have a good secondary when healthy, and their linebackers aren’t terrible. But they get zero pressure on QBs and get picked apart. 

Houston had picks 2 and 3 this year and flipped that into Stroud who looks like a good QB and Anderson who looks like a good DE. Bears need to hit on both players like that. 

37 minutes ago, LegioX said:

My god this is depressing. It’s like divorcing your spouse only to find out a week after you left them  they won the lottery. 

Just for the record, I saw that happen in real time when back when I was in the Army. It was glorious. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy or a more heartless woman.