• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Sr. Wants You All To Relax

TheCasillas

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Aside from Steve saying relax at the beginning of the video he gets into Bryce checking out of plays way too many times and the Vikings baiting him into making those changes to get the looks they wanted. Combine that with Smith 2 weeks ago bashing the play calling in the Saints game and it seems like Bryce is overthinking or not ready to be making these adjustments. The 1st quarter scripted stuff looked ok vs the Vikings

The coaching staff needs to reel it in. He doesn't need to be making every adjustment in the world at the LOS as a rookie making his 3rd start. It's foolish. 

I remember Reich bragging about how is putting a ton on Bryce's plate all offseason. Sometimes less is more. Just let him play ball and live with the results.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Aside from Steve saying relax at the beginning of the video he gets into Bryce checking out of plays way too many times and the Vikings baiting him into making those changes to get the looks they wanted. Combine that with Smith 2 weeks ago bashing the play calling in the Saints game and it seems like Bryce is overthinking or not ready to be making these adjustments. The 1st quarter scripted stuff looked ok vs the Vikings

Bates has him questioning his arm and now Flores has him questioning his brain 

• Beer 3

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

The coaching staff needs to reel it in. He doesn't need to be making every adjustment in the world at the LOS as a rookie making his 3rd start. It's foolish. 

I remember Reich bragging about how is putting a ton on Bryce's plate all offseason. Sometimes less is more. Just let him play ball and live with the results.

Yeah the O-line and rb's aren't ready for all that either judging by the confusion constantly popping up on tape. I'd rather be running Corral 2nd half preseason plays that were simplified and had more tempo

5 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I think in hindsight between the big coach speak talk and the shitty preseason the staff knew they were in for it once the bullets started flying

I just feel like this pick needed to be a home run. Like a Cam Newton type home run. Someone who has the ability to succeed on any given day despite the incompetence of this organization starting from the very top down to the janitor. 

As long as Tepper is in charge a generational QB is our only hope. He’s the worst owner in the NFL. He hasn’t gotten anything right so far and I don’t see that changing. The chances of him stringing together a couple good decision back to back with a QB, HC and GM are 0. Which with a guy like Bryce our success is dependant on those hires.

On 10/3/2023 at 3:23 PM, Castavar said:

I'm so tired of everybody telling us to calm down. It's been HALF A FUGGIN DECADE that we have been absolute garbage. We will have a lame duck coach next year with no 1st round draft pick. Sh*t ain't getting better

Since Cam’s arm officially fell off, we are 23-55. That’s an average of 5-12 for almost 6 full years and we are missing a 1st and 2nd round pick in the next two drafts while we state we don’t even have a real weapon for our rookie QB. Our OL has taken a step back and the best offensive player is Adam Theilen by a mile. That’s why we are frustrated with this 0-4, likely 0-6 start.

• Pie 2

Just now, WhoKnows said:

Since Cam’s arm officially fell off, we are 23-55. That’s an average of 5-12 for almost 6 full years and we are missing a 1st and 2nd round pick in the next two drafts while we state we don’t even have a real weapon for our rookie QB. Our OL has taken a step back and the best offensive player is Adam Theilen by a mile. That’s why we are frustrated with this 0-4, likely 0-6 start.

Preach brotha

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It'll be brutal if we end up with a top three pick with so many of us calling for a tank season for years. 

Not having a pick where we could get one of the top rookie QBs in a strong class would 150% be a kick in the nuts.

We’ve traded away 1 1st, 3 2nds, 1 3rd, 3 4ths, 1 5th and 1 6th in the past two drafts (and future) trying to build instead of rebuild. We look like a bunch of morons for not trading Burns and maybe not extending him and now for possibly trading away the top pick in the draft.

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Bates has him questioning his arm and now Flores has him questioning his brain 

Yea i dont think this not talked about more, those bates INTs broke young simply put. Hes aware that TOs are the worst thing on the field, but if you over-think each play youre NOT helping the team win AT ALL. Sometime you got to turn off your brain ala brett farve and fcuk it...... those INTs gave him nightwares and broke his processing deep throws. 

plus his fumbles have came at the worst times as well. 

Its going to be a loooonnng panther recover if young can not digest turning the ball over, in turn he will have a short career too....