• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Is It Going To Take For More Agressive Playcalling????

Hoenheim

Look there are a lot of things going on.

First: You have a rookie QB. Showing one AT19 play where he’s open for a TD doesn’t make him a bad QB. If that were the case you’d have alot more examples than one play. So yea he’s going to miss guys from time to time. All QBs do, especially rookies. Good teams create more chances and once we start doing that he’ll hit some of those. 

Second: WRs aren’t winning their battles. AT19 gives us the best chance and he’s just more crafty than fast. We desperately need a big play threat. This will come. Diggs, Hill, and now Moore dropped into offenses with struggling QBs and things change. Be patient. Cam had this early on. 

Third: The offensive line is trash. There are plays that are there that the QB just doesn’t have enough time to get to. You can’t play QB with a line you can’t trust. Especially with a rookie. Cam at least had Kalil and Gross early on that could get protections corrected when he didn’t see it. 

Lastly: The scheme hasn’t been great. We’ve put too much on Bryce and have provided him with very few answers to the defense. As a result he’s simply  taking what the defense is giving him. What you saw in Dalton was a guy playing free because he knew it didn’t matter how he played. We have Bryce thinking too much right now. The coaches have to put him in better spots and be less predictable in their play calling. 

I honestly don’t see any of this getting solved this year. I think Bryce will get better. He’ll learn to adapt to his situation. I still think year 3 is probably when you can expect this team to be a legitimate contender. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

First: You have a rookie QB. Showing one AT19 play where he’s open for a TD doesn’t make him a bad QB. If that were the case you’d have alot more examples than one play. So yea he’s going to miss guys from time to time. All QBs do, especially rookies. Good teams create more chances and once we start doing that he’ll hit some of those. 

Second: WRs aren’t winning their battles. AT19 gives us the best chance and he’s just more crafty than fast. We desperately need a big play threat. This will come. Diggs, Hill, and now Moore dropped into offenses with struggling QBs and things change. Be patient. Cam had this early on. 

Third: The offensive line is trash. There are plays that are there that the QB just doesn’t have enough time to get to. You can’t play QB with a line you can’t trust. Especially with a rookie. Cam at least had Kalil and Gross early on that could get protections corrected when he didn’t see it. 

Lastly: The scheme hasn’t been great. We’ve put too much on Bryce and have provided him with very few answers to the defense. As a result he’s simply  taking what the defense is giving him. What you saw in Dalton was a guy playing free because he knew it didn’t matter how he played. We have Bryce thinking too much right now. The coaches have to put him in better spots and be less predictable in their play calling. 

I honestly don’t see any of this getting solved this year. I think Bryce will get better. He’ll learn to adapt to his situation. I still think year 3 is probably when you can expect this team to be a legitimate contender. 

With all these working together Bryce needs to sit. 

3 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

A rational answer. I appreciate this post.