• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers are cultureless and the worst team in the NFL. Thanks Tepper.

Saca312

19 minutes ago, Waldo said:

They would be a lot more competitive with Dalton but Im not sure they could win those 3 regardless or the next 2 games either way. 2-2 sounds more reasonable. This team isn't built to win. It's built poorly.

Yeah, I think 2-2. 3-1 if all went perfect but 2-2 is most likely.

Let's not delude ourselves into thinking that Dalton is Peyton Manning or something.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Charlotte has no culture. Barely a shred of diversity. That's part of the problem. The Triangle cares more about UNC and Duke. The beach is the beach, the mountains are the mountains, and SC is ... lol. Before Tom Brady, New England had hardly any football culture. It was Red Sox and Bruins. Minnesota somehow pulls it off? Making a team a region instead of a city is risky ... but as I said, you can't make them the Charlotte Panthers. 2015 was an anomaly. This franchise has always been bland as can be.

I was incredibly disappointed with the city when I visited (for the first time) last year.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bryce's arm is "average" meaning his arm I stronger than half the QBs in the NFL. Where are those QBs hiding because I haven't seen them.

The entire point guard thing was a huge red flag. Im still not sure that they know that's a different sport's position.

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 2

In order to really have a culture we need to have fans actually attending the games for a long stretch of time. This would allow for enough fan interaction in person to develop a Panthers culture. Things like "keep pounding" and the drum never really felt like that big of a deal to me.

When we were in games that mattered under the Cam era the one thing that really set the Panthers apart was the refs. We could rest assured that if the game was important, then the refs would call the 50/50 calls against us across the board. A good example would be our SF playoff game. Or all the times teams took kill shots at Cam's head and knees and the refs called nothing, yet you couldn't touch our rival QB Drew Brees at all. That didn't change until the lack of calls for Cam made national news.

This isn't rock bottom yet. Rock bottom would be if we're at the end of this season and Young is still pooping the bed. That's rock bottom. We can still go down from here, but if Young is a bust (if he doesn't show improvement this season, he's a bust) and we have no 1st round pick, you can't go lower than that and still have a team. Lower than that would be the team moving to London, or a huge meteorite hitting BOA and leveling it totally leveled. 

• Beer 1

There is no such thing as a city without culture. There is no such thing as an individual without culture. If there are people present, then there is a culture. Now Charlotte may not feel unique or have as much personalty as some other cities, but the city is a blend of many cultures.

4 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

goff maybe

I think we can safely say that Young is near the bottom in arm strength, yet we traded a fortune to go up and get him. That was just so extremely risky because he's not a clear stand out physical specimen, so he has to be Drew Brees brilliant to make it worth the trade and lead us to a SB.

Edited by pantherj

What I don't want Young to be is a lame game manager who we have to build a super team around to drag him into the playoffs. We don't have some brilliant GM who can build up a mega "one shinning moment" roster that can just steam role it's way to the SB. So what the fvck is the plaaaaan? What are we trying to do? Why do we have an enormous o-line that can't run block our scheme, nor protect our tiny QB? What are we doing? Anybody? We can't replace that o-line unless you're talking about preparing to try and win in 2027. 

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 2

The owner and his wife need to keep their noses's out of the team building and hiring (players and coaches). Reich needs to go and Fitt right behind him. We already have the next HC and he runs the defense. This is the only answer.

• Beer 1