• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton and RG3 discuss Justin Fields and Bryce Young

Icege

23 hours ago, Icege said:

Cam says Fields is thinking too much and that Cam told Chud, Shula, Norv, and Ron, "Stop trying to coach me like Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc" when he was playing. Points out Lamar Jackson as somebody that understands his playstyle and coaches that understand how to utilize it. He challenged his coaches to not overcomplicate the game of football. Admired Belichick and Rivera for allowing their players to be players rather than just telling them how they were going to do it. 

~8:30 Cam says, "A lot of these franchises are putting a lot of pressure on a quarterback that they're not putting on the coach that's coaching the quarterback." Once Shula and Dorsey understood, he had 2015. Even said that they'd call poo plays and he'd have to bail them out. His best convos with coaches began with, "What do you want?" and they didn't try to have him explain why he didn't like a play.

11:00min mark RG3 asks what Bryce Young needs to be the best he can be in Carolina. Cam's answer: "Leadership. I don't question Andy Dalton. I don't question the coach. I don't question the ownership. But the best thing even for me when I was a young rookie was leadership." Cites Gross, John (Beason I'm assuming? Maybe Stewart?), TD, Ryan Kalil, and Smitty that would let him know, "That ain't it." Such as showing up early from meetings. Says if he was in the position he'd ask if he was comfortable and ready to play. Pointed out multiple QBs that sat to start and how we expect instant grits when we should be waiting on the Thanksgiving meal. When folks start seeing certain things in practice that others will recognize that he's ready.

RG3 pointed out how Tyreek Hill thought Mahomes would never be a starter and that it takes times for QBs to be the guys. Also says he thinks Bryce needs a bonafide #1 WR to make life easier. Both believe the team is solid, but Cam said the team would be solid with current talent if Bryce had been in the league for 5 years but he's still a step behind reacting as he figures it out. RG3 says needs an HBO (help a brother out) player to help him with being able to just go to that guy to give Bryce more simplicity when he needs it.

I didn’t expect to watch this whole thing but it kept my attention and it was really good

Cam hits the nail on the head with everything he’s saying in this video. 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I didn’t expect to watch this whole thing but it kept my attention and it was really good

Cam hits the nail on the head with everything he’s saying in this video. 

RG3's arc as a wild man media member is one that I'm here for.