• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

fug it.....I was wrong.

rayzor

14 hours ago, 33inNC said:

What I want to know is why are we calling plays like that for Ian Thomas, hasn't that dud proved beyond a shadow of a doubt how bad he is?

Failure on Reich and Young there. Story of the season  

This was a play I saw in preseason and I was like wow, that is a preseason play. I will be glad when the season starts so that we won't be running terrible plays like that. I believe the quote from Reich was "we are putting our players in the worst position possible to see how they react". Seems to me like that is still the gameplan five games into the season. If nobody was on the field Ian Thomas would only get a 12 yard gain max after catch!

• Beer 2

11 hours ago, rayzor said:

Same here, in fact my pm box is full (literally lol) of discussions we've had over the years. Really good guy, one of the best contributors in here....the guy is a legend...but he'd fall into this thing where someone would insult him or try to get into some pissing match and he'd report it, but then retaliate which would make him just as guilty as the guy who started it.

I had to remind him, as I've done many others over the years, that if someone is attacking you in here, report it and just walk away. Whatever you do, don't retaliate because then whatever warning it banning the other one got, you were likely going to get it too. Or by getting into it you pretty much make it impossible to ding the instigator and not you too. So I'd just let it go.

He attacked people first, but if they views didn't match yours*you and Mr.Scot been wrong together* you would ban the other poster and Mr.scot wouldn't even get a slap on the hand. 

10 minutes ago, travisura said:

Because this place is just becoming a clusterfck of miserable people all saying "I told you so" to the folks who allowed themselves to have hope during the offseason. 

So goes the team so goes the fanbase. When the team is a clusterfug the fandom will be a clusterfug. This isn't a new phenomenon. 

I'm just going to go back to my pre-Peppers ways. Keep an eye on the Panthers out of casual interest since they're the local team but other than that generally just watch whatever the best matchup is at that time and follow players that interest me on other teams.

It's just not worth it to stay heavily emotionally invested in this organization right now. It's like staying in an abusive relationship at this point.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So goes the team so goes the fanbase. When the team is a clusterfug the fandom will be a clusterfug. This isn't a new phenomenon. 

I'm just going to go back to my pre-Peppers ways. Keep an eye on the Panthers out of casual interest since they're the local team but other than that generally just watch whatever the best matchup is at that time and follow players that interest me on other teams.

It's just not worth it to stay heavily emotionally invested in this organization right now. It's like staying in an abusive relationship at this point.

Yes, you've said this before. In fact, I've seen you, a mod of a Carolina Panthers forum, state for multiple seasons now about how little you care and how you just can't bring yourself to watch Panthers games. This doesn't seem to preclude you from enlightening us with your takes about how they're playing, though. 

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

Yes, you've said this before. In fact, I've seen you, a mod of a Carolina Panthers forum, state for multiple seasons now about how little you care and how you just can't bring yourself to watch Panthers games. This doesn't seem to preclude you from enlightening us with your takes about how they're playing, though. 

Would you be happier if we just banned any and all dissent? Would that make it easier for you?

When you're 0-5 and have a streak of losing seasons leading up to being 0-5 you're not going to find a lot of positive takes. Sorry.

• Beer 1

I have checked out on them. This is season 29 and they have finished above .500, 7 times. The all time record is 30 games under .500. Never had a big time coach, 1 big time QB. The problem now, as has been said over and over, is at the top. I hate to say it, but there is really no hope in sight. A top 2 pick in 2024 that they don't get to make. They have had many bad seasons. I thought 2010 was bad, but we knew it was going to be. This season seems a lot worse because there seemed to be cause for optimism during the offseason. I hope I eat my words, but it seems like at least a 5 year project to even get competitive. 

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Would you be happier if we just banned any and all dissent? Would that make it easier for you?

When you're 0-5 and have a streak of losing seasons leading up to being 0-5 you're not going to find a lot of positive takes. Sorry.

Now I know you're smart enough to see that that's not what I am suggesting with my initial statement, nor my response to you. Disingenuousness looks bad on you.

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

Now I know you're smart enough to see that that's not what I am suggesting with my initial statement, nor my response to you. Disingenuousness looks bad on you.

Then what exactly do you mean?

It just seems like the people wanting to remain hopeful have simply redirected their ire at the fans who are disgusted with what they're seeing 

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Then what exactly do you mean?

It just seems like the people wanting to remain hopeful have simply redirected their ire at the fans who are disgusted with what they're seeing 

My initial response to ForJimmy was me speculating as to why people seem to be leaving this site. The most miserable voices are the loudest ones. It's not exactly a fun place to be around if you prefer cooler heads to prevail. I never made any statement on whether or not people should or should not be able to vent their frustrations, I'm just saying the constant bitching and moaning over the same things has gotten old for some, and they've left. 

My response to you was more me noting that you've claimed numerous times that you don't watch Panther's games, at least not fully, and how ironic it is that you are a mod of a Panthers forum and can't even be arsed to watch the games. I also found it ironic that someone who would brag so vocally and so frequently about how often they missed the games would still feel comfortable commenting on how the players played in said games. 

12 minutes ago, travisura said:

My initial response to ForJimmy was me speculating as to why people seem to be leaving this site. The most miserable voices are the loudest ones. It's not exactly a fun place to be around if you prefer cooler heads to prevail. I never made any statement on whether or not people should or should not be able to vent their frustrations, I'm just saying the constant bitching and moaning over the same things has gotten old for some, and they've left. 

My response to you was more me noting that you've claimed numerous times that you don't watch Panther's games, at least not fully, and how ironic it is that you are a mod of a Panthers forum and can't even be arsed to watch the games. I also found it ironic that someone who would brag so vocally and so frequently about how often they missed the games would still feel comfortable commenting on how the players played in said games. 

Why is it that the fans who are trying to remain hopeful are so bothered by the frustrated fans? 

If it's not working for you, no one is forcing you to hang around. I'm not judging you for your optimism. But the optimistic sure do seem to be getting increasingly judgemental.