• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just speculating... I wouldn't be surprised if Frank or Fitt is fired soon. Very soon.

Proudiddy

Also, from preseason (where we were running our basics)  to week 8…..the Frank Reich O has been called what it is.  And it was highly criticized.  I haven’t switched up anything. Same talk has existed all season and there was no issue.    Now suddenly, as we head into week 9….people got a problem with it lol. 

And my thoughts remain the same as they were when Thomas Brown was given the call sheet.  That each week we hopefully see more and more of the McVay influence showing up because that’s not what we had been doing.  That also wasn’t an issue heading into Houston to speak on that. 

Thomas Brown didn't create a playbook from the ground up on his own.  Panthers can say that.  Frank can. Thomas can. I don't use that verbiage.  I don't like the team.  The Carolina playbook is Frank Reich's O and ideas from Brown mashed together.   Brown even called it 60/40 and Frank spoke on his involvement.  And to date, it's largely just been the old school Frank core that we have seen.   Which has never been controversial until this week. Which makes sense given horrible Frank Reich was calling all the plays and it's all his baby.  

3 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

SMH. I post the exact text of the article and it’s wrong. Do you actually think Brown created brand new plays for every page of the playbook? This is not some new story as you put it. If you want an analogy that actually fits, this is more like a movie or TV adaptation of a book. Brown isn’t creating the West Coast offense decades ago using only philosophies. He’s creating a playbook “from the ground up” using plays from his time with McVay, plays from Reich and then, they decided on the language of the common plays. It literally states how they melded the common plays where only the language differed.

You can act like you are someone who’s objective but you aren’t. I gave you text from an article that you choose to ignore because it doesn’t fit your argument that we are running a brand new, never seen before offense which helps make Frank’s slow start make more sense. 

Also, I’m pretty sure those of us who were worried about the start of the season due to how we looked in preseason were correct. It’s funny that you are still stubborn when we start 0-6 and things like the OL protection are still an issue that was highlighted as one of the biggest concerns. Was that part of a plan? It’s funny how playoff contention was talked about all offseason and then during the preseason, which didn’t matter of course, all the same talk became of course we aren’t going to contend when every off-season move sure indicated that plan.

Oh well, I think I gave a fairly straightforward reasoning for why both of you could easily be right, but it’s hard to have discussions with you. Your objective posting of news was always appreciated but it’s changed.

This is what offensive coordinators do.

Seriously though, you actually think Thomas Brown just copied plays from existing playbooks without writing any of his own?

Brown is talked about as being a really smart offensive mind, but you don't think he's even capable of writing a new play on his own?

Jeez, dude 😳

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Also, from preseason (where we were running our basics)  to week 8…..the Frank Reich O has been called what it is.  And it was highly criticized.  I haven’t switched up anything. Same talk has existed all season and there was no issue.    Now suddenly, as we head into week 9….people got a problem with it lol. 

And my thoughts remain the same as they were when Thomas Brown was given the call sheet.  That each week we hopefully see more and more of the McVay influence showing up because that’s not what we had been doing.  That also wasn’t an issue heading into Houston to speak on that. 

Thomas Brown didn't create a playbook from the ground up on his own.  Panthers can say that.  Frank can. Thomas can. I don't use that verbiage.  I don't like the team.  The Carolina playbook is Frank Reich's O and ideas from Brown mashed together.   Brown even called it 60/40 and Frank spoke on his involvement.  And to date, it's largely just been the old school Frank core that we have seen.   Which has never been controversial until this week. Which makes sense given horrible Frank Reich was calling all the plays and it's all his baby.  

Sure, dude.

I think you understand you made a pretty dumb argument but you've been trying to spend your way out of it for a while now. Too late for that, I'm afraid.

And same as the guy above, doesn't sound to me like you understand how plays and playbooks are written.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Sure, dude.

I think you understand you made a pretty dumb argument but you've been trying to spend your way out of it for a while now. Too late for that, I'm afraid.

And same as the guy above, doesn't sound to me like you understand how plays and playbooks are written.

Nah, bro, I just don't echo the language the team does and you can't handle it.   You flipping your poo off a quote from Thomas Brown that it has to exactly how he said it.  That can only be the truth.  You got the quote.  Meanwhile the same day you post Thomas Brown selling bologna about our trash WR corp to the media lol. 

I do understand how they work. That's why I don't use the language that Thomas Brown built this on his own from the ground up.   That's PR/spin wording to make our OC sound as best as he could be.    Which is certainly fine.  Again, that's what teams do.  But that 60% Brown spoke of?  That's Frank's O.   And Frank put it in there.  Brown didn't have free reign to just make up an offense.   And that without a doubt Frank Reich choose to get this team up and running using his base O.  Although it's hard to call what he did at 0-6 getting this team up and running.    

you are more than free to claim anything you want.  I don't give a rip.  I'm not going to concede how I talk because you don't like it.  As someone pointed out to you, we likely aren't actually saying very different things.  You just insist people talk about things from the angle you want them talked about. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Nah, bro, I just don't echo the language the team does and you can't handle it.   You flipping your poo off a quote from Thomas Brown that it has to exactly how he said it.  That can only be the truth.  You got the quote.  Meanwhile the same day you post Thomas Brown selling bologna about our trash WR corp to the media lol. 

I do understand how they work. That's why I don't use the language that Thomas Brown built this on his own from the ground up.   That's PR/spin wording to make our OC sound as best as he could be.    Which is certainly fine.  Again, that's what teams do.  But that 60% Brown spoke of?  That's Frank's O.   And Frank put it in there.  Brown didn't have free reign to just make up an offense.   And that without a doubt Frank Reich choose to get this team up and running using his base O.  Although it's hard to call what he did at 0-6 getting this team up and running.    

you are more than free to claim anything you want.  I don't give a rip.  I'm not going to concede how I talk because you don't like it.  As someone pointed out to you, we likely aren't actually saying very different things.  You just insist people talk about things from the angle you want them talked about. 

Keep trying dude 😄

We've already seen you can't even define what a Frank Reich offense is beyond "uses a lot of shotgun". No mention of triangle reads (which are a Reich staple) West Coast concepts or anything else of that sort, and when asked what you're going by you mention previous Huddle conversations.

At this point you're pretty clearly just trying to save face.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I understand coach-speak and PR BS, but you're suggesting that a member of the PR team told Thomas Brown, "Hey, you're just a figurehead, Frank is the real OC, but we want you to go to the press and lie about your involvement so we can blame you if it goes sideways." to which Thomas Brown replied, "okie doke!"

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I understand coach-speak and PR BS, but you're suggesting that a member of the PR team told Thomas Brown, "Hey, you're just a figurehead, Frank is the real OC, but we want you to go to the press and lie about your involvement so we can blame you if it goes sideways." to which Thomas Brown replied, "okie doke!"

Pretty much 😄

20 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Not to get into this dick measuring contest, but thats not what he is implying at all

Everyone is now saying the same thing but trying to word it like they were correct.  Brown did sit down and make out playbook WITH Reich and used Reich's offense as a base for his new offense.  The Panthers site shared an interview where this is stated so it's not some coach speak PR BS nonsense that people on here love to cry about.  It's literally what the team/staff is saying and it sounds like the truth.  This is an offense designed by Reich AND Brown featuring a playbook designed by Brown AND Reich that is described as 60% Reich and 40% Brown.  It's mostly shotgun because our QB is Bryce Young.  There is no PR stunt, no lying/deceiving the public, just people on his misinterpreting EXACTLY what the team is saying.  Jesus people everything about this 1-6 team isn't some conspiracy with ole Reich as the mastermind behind it. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Everyone is now saying the same thing but trying to word it like they were correct.  Brown did sit down and make out playbook WITH Reich and used Reich's offense as a base for his new offense.  The Panthers site shared an interview where this is stated so it's not some coach speak PR BS nonsense that people on here love to cry about.  It's literally what the team/staff is saying and it sounds like the truth.  This is an offense designed by Reich AND Brown featuring a playbook designed by Brown AND Reich that is described as 60% Reich and 40% Brown.  It's mostly shotgun because our QB is Bryce Young.  There is no PR stunt, no lying/deceiving the public, just people on his misinterpreting EXACTLY what the team is saying.  Jesus people everything about this 1-6 team isn't some conspiracy with ole Reich as the mastermind behind it. 

You mean Thomas Brown wasn't preemptively taking the hit for Frank just in case the offense sucked?

But... 🤔

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

The bolded is honestly the most important and relevant part of everything you said thus far, and basically summarizes the last 10 pages of you saying very little of substance.  Your dislike for the team is the basis as to why you view everything they say and do through the most uncharitable and disdainful and conspiratorial lens possible.  Everything they say, you assign the most nefarious possible interpretation to.  "We are just a QB away from competing" = pure PR bs that they're deliberately feeding the fans...instead of them actually believing something and being wrong.  Hyping up our "trash WR corps" = despicable BOLOGNA that they should be ashamed for lying to us about...instead of them actually feeling good about who they signed in the offseason.  Actions speak louder than words...so if they're signing a guy like Miles Sanders to a significant contract in free agency, do you think it's more likely that they actually were genuinely high on him?  Or was that a PR move to artificially drum up hype for a player they knew sucked?

Your whole shtick of "I'm so enlightened that I see through all of the Panthers' BS and you are all SHEEP for buying all of the PR" is just bordering on Panthers Derangement Syndrome at this point.  So apparently the PR angle of crediting Brown with the development of the playbook was to make him look as good as possible...that still makes no sense.  Their priority is to hype up our OC who 90% of casual fans had never heard of?  Why would people get hyped about a relative nobody designing a playbook?  If anything, people would probably be more hyped about Frank Reich (a proven offensive coach with decades of experience) creating the playbook himself.  Saying our OC created the playbook, and our HC is calling plays from a playbook that someone else created, seems like a counterintuitive PR move to me.  It'd instill more confidence to know that one guy is calling plays from his own playbook that he created.  Maybe Frank hasn't even been calling the plays all along...that could be a lie/PR stunt, right?  He's been taking the fall for Thomas Brown all along and it's just the organization making him the scapegoat for when he gets fired and Brown slides in as interim HC.

I get why you dislike the team...that's fine, it's warranted.  But don't let it poison the well so much that if Frank Reich were to go up to the podium and say he had a roast beef sandwich for lunch, you freeze frame and zoom in on his teeth and say "what a load of horsepoo...that looks more like a piece of salami between his teeth.  What a lying piece of poo".  The things you're choosing to be pedantic and argumentative about is honestly very silly.  Like you trying to clarify that you're not saying they're lying...only that they're feeding us PR bs.  What a silly pedantic distinction to get hung up on.  The substance of what you're saying is clear, regardless of what word you want to use.

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The bolded is honestly the most important and relevant part of everything you said thus far, and basically summarizes the last 10 pages of you saying very little of substance.  Your dislike for the team is the basis as to why you view everything they say and do through the most uncharitable and disdainful and conspiratorial lens possible.  Everything they say, you assign the most nefarious possible interpretation to.  "We are just a QB away from competing" = pure PR bs that they're deliberately feeding the fans...instead of them actually believing something and being wrong.  Hyping up our "trash WR corps" = despicable BOLOGNA that they should be ashamed for lying to us about...instead of them actually feeling good about who they signed in the offseason.  Actions speak louder than words...so if they're signing a guy like Miles Sanders to a significant contract in free agency, do you think it's more likely that they actually were genuinely high on him?  Or was that a PR move to artificially drum up hype for a player they knew sucked?

Your whole shtick of "I'm so enlightened that I see through all of the Panthers' BS and you are all SHEEP for buying all of the PR" is just bordering on Panthers Derangement Syndrome at this point.  So apparently the PR angle of crediting Brown with the development of the playbook was to make him look as good as possible...that still makes no sense.  Their priority is to hype up our OC who 90% of casual fans had never heard of?  Why would people get hyped about a relative nobody designing a playbook?  If anything, people would probably be more hyped about Frank Reich (a proven offensive coach with decades of experience) creating the playbook himself.  Saying our OC created the playbook, and our HC is calling plays from a playbook that someone else created, seems like a counterintuitive PR move to me.  It'd instill more confidence to know that one guy is calling plays from his own playbook that he created.  Maybe Frank hasn't even been calling the plays all along...that could be a lie/PR stunt, right?  He's been taking the fall for Thomas Brown all along and it's just the organization making him the scapegoat for when he gets fired and Brown slides in as interim HC.

I get why you dislike the team...that's fine, it's warranted.  But don't let it poison the well so much that if Frank Reich were to go up to the podium and say he had a roast beef sandwich for lunch, you freeze frame and zoom in on his teeth and say "what a load of horsepoo...that looks more like a piece of salami between his teeth.  What a lying piece of poo".  The things you're choosing to be pedantic and argumentative about is honestly very silly.  Like you trying to clarify that you're not saying they're lying...only that they're feeding us PR bs.  What a silly pedantic distinction to get hung up on.  The substance of what you're saying is clear, regardless of what word you want to use.

sorry to inform you that was just a missing word.  To a statement I have repeated.  I don't talk like the team. 

but it is pretty funny.  dudes are flipping their poo because I don't talk and accept coach talk, PR, etc as the end all be all truth.  Because it never is. 

and then same people have repeatedly shared in the last 24 hours prime examples of Frank, Thomas, etc. and how they say things that aren't true, paint untrue narratives, etc.  I mean, that just sports. 

and I don't assign the most nefarious possible interpretation to things.  That just how YOU choose to hear it.  Which is silly. I can't control that. Because often in those very same posts you freak out on....I have also gone in detail and said the things teams and coaches say are what they are suppose to say as coaches, teams, etc.   For example, Thomas Brown selling bologna about his WRs.  It's not true.  He knows the people in the room know it's not true.  But he says what he is supposed to say.  It's just how sports, coaches, business is done.    When Frank Reich is told by an owner, you need to X, Y and Z.  He doesn't come to microphone and say that reality.  Frank says he made the decision. He paints an untrue story for the masses.  And that's okay.  What else is Frank supposed to do.  BUT.....that's why I can say what I say.  I can call things how I perceive them.  I'm a fan.  I don't have to go along w/ company narratives.  Organizations say things that aren't true.   Or aren't entirely true.  They want things perceived how they want them to be perceived. Sorry you can't handle that being said.  I don't really care.  Which is the whole point of all this lol.