• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Orlovsky with a message to the Huddle

thebdawg

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

He threw the ball 58 times and had more yards.  What was his average 6.2???  I think Young has been 6.0 and 6.4 is past two games.  I mean they were down 17 points with 4 minutes left.  It wasn't some great offensive performance.  The best thing he did was not turn the ball over which makes sense with a veteran.  

Is Dalton a better QB that Young right now?  Of course he is as he should be at this point in his career vs Young's.   I don't think anyone is arguing differently.   Your reverse tactics are nice, but as I stated EVERYONE has a narrative.  Some people just like calling others out while pretending they don't have one as well.  

Dalton has been on 5 NFL teams in the last 5 years - the NFL thinks he's washed. 

Why should he be better than Young right now? Young was the #1 overall pick that we traded FIVE premium players to select him there. 

Hell the coaching staff didn't even have an open QB competition in Training Camp because they thought Young would be much better than Dalton. 

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Dalton has been on 5 NFL teams in the last 5 years - the NFL thinks he's washed. 

Why should he be better than Young right now? Young was the #1 overall pick that we traded FIVE premium players to select him there. 

Hell the coaching staff didn't even have an open QB competition in Training Camp because they thought Young would be much better than Dalton. 

The same reason Fitzpatrick looked better than Tua his rookie year. There is a learning curve and most rookie QBs start off below that of a 10 year starter. 

• Pie 2

A lot of us wanted NOTHING to do with Bryce during the pre-draft process because we had concerns about his game translating from college to the NFL.

So far, he hasn't struggled like a normal rookie QB does, making some bad reads or dumb decisions because they're still a rookie.  He's just flat out looked like he doesn't belong on this level, too small, not strong or fast enough to do what he did in college in NFL games.

So far all he's done is confirmed our concerns beyond even our own expectations for what he'd be.

We gave up the farm to get him

We're pissed

Sorry, but he's earned it with his play.  You don't want to be criticized?  Then don't be the #1 pick in the draft and then play like an undrafted rookie.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

A lot of us wanted NOTHING to do with Bryce during the pre-draft process because we had concerns about his game translating from college to the NFL.

So far, he hasn't struggled like a normal rookie QB does, making some bad reads or dumb decisions because they're still a rookie.  He's just flat out looked like he doesn't belong on this level, too small, not strong or fast enough to do what he did in college in NFL games.

So far all he's done is confirmed our concerns beyond even our own expectations for what he'd be.

We gave up the farm to get him

We're pissed

Sorry, but he's earned it with his play.  You don't want to be criticized?  Then don't be the #1 pick in the draft and then play like an undrafted rookie.

You got that from the Detroit game? Just flat out doesn’t belong? Outside of the “dumb rookie interceptions” he had a great game. Moved in the pocket well, delivered on time with accuracy and anticipation.

But I don’t think expect you to understand any of that stuff. I think you severely overrate your football knowledge. Because that is a brain dead take. Also, no one cares about your draft analysis. Or how right you think you are.

In conclusion, I officially award you “doesn’t know ball” status. I’m sure that’s hard for you, but you’ve got to prove that noggin is functional if you want me to remove it.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

You got that from the Detroit game? Just flat out doesn’t belong? Outside of the “dumb rookie interceptions” he had a great game. Moved in the pocket well, delivered on time with accuracy and anticipation.

But I don’t think expect you to understand any of that stuff. I think you severely overrate your football knowledge. Because that is a brain dead take. Also, no one cares about your draft analysis. Or how right you think you are.

In conclusion, I officially award you “doesn’t know ball” status. I’m sure that’s hard for you, but you’ve got to prove that noggin is functional if you want me to remove it.

I think you're only looking at his 4th quarter when the Lions stopped pressuring him and went into a shell defense.  

He had 146 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INTs through 3 Quarters, that's awful and him having a decent 4th quarter when he game was in hand for the Lions and they went into safe mode doesn't make it a good game for him.

Just the fact that you think he's moving well in the pocket is all I need to see to show you have no idea what you're watching.  He bounces around out there like a pinball just looking for a way out, keeps turning his back to the LOS to try and escape backwards, which is the worst thing any QB can do, let alone someone of his size who isn't able to break the tackles that he keeps turning into.

He's been in so far over his head so far that anyone who sees anything different is just looking at it through Panthers fan glasses and can't objectively evaluate his play so far.  

What you think he can still be is of course up for debate, but what he's done isn't, the tape is out there and it's just facts, he's been the worst QB in the league so far.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1