• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are YOU ready for the Bryce Young vs CJ Stroud showdown in 2 weeks?

47 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I'm going to this game for some reason 

As a Texans fan making the drive from Raleigh. Any recs as to good sections to sit? Where to stay for a night? It’s my son’s bday and he wanted to go to the game. 

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Again, the stats aren't telling the full story - at least not from what I watched yesterday. You can't watch the stat line and highlights to get the full story. 

There was a huge lean on the run on their scoring drives. Like they moved the ball down the field mostly from 5-10+ yards runs. May have been bad runs in places to give them a low average (didn't score alot), but they moved the ball on a few drives primarily from running it. Then, gave Stroud a chance to get it in the endzone once they were close. I watched the games simultaneously with the Sunday Ticket. It's really obvious when you watch both games at the same time. 

Stroud is really good for a rookie. I am not denying that. Never did. But he makes mistakes. He misses easy throws too. His timing is off at timeswhen the protection breaks down. But he's a rookie so that is to be expected. But the team picks him up all the time. He's throwing to guys that are actually open - alot. Not just NFL open, but OPEN OPEN. Watch the game. Just the scoring drives if you don't have much time. And tell me what you think about weapons and playcalling compared to what's here in Carolina. 

We are just watching different games. I’ve watched every snap of Carolina, Indi ( when Richardson played ), Houston and Chicago this year. The run game in Houston hasn’t been good. Go to their boards or subreddit and you’ll see most agreeing. I’m not trying to argue the other points but the whole run game comment through me off. 

The only teams to have more offensive plays than Carolina in the NFL in 2023 are:

Eagles, Jaguars and Saints. 

Carolina has thrown more pass attempts than any team in the NFL. This is the most surprising stat I looked up today. 

Only Raiders and Bucs are averaging less yards per carry than the Texans. 

Texans have the 6th least first downs from running the ball in the NFL. We have 9 more than them. 

They aren’t doing a better job with the run game than we are in virtually any metric or in any comparison when you look at the season as a whole. If you are strictly looking at yesterday’s games only, maybe. 

Efficiency stats, bulk stats, and the eye test says they have one of the worst run games in the NFL. Their fans blame it on the offensive line injuries and think the bye week should help them out. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, As1459 said:

As a Texans fan making the drive from Raleigh. Any recs as to good sections to sit? Where to stay for a night? It’s my son’s bday and he wanted to go to the game. 

When looking at ticketmaster, sit on the north side where the visitors are and if you can I’d try to get northeast to avoid as much of the sun as possible in your eyes. Top or top right when on Ticketmaster. 

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

Again, the stats aren't telling the full story - at least not from what I watched yesterday. You can't watch the stat line and highlights to get the full story. 

There was a huge lean on the run on their scoring drives. Like they moved the ball down the field mostly from 5-10+ yards runs. May have been bad runs in places to give them a low average (didn't score alot), but they moved the ball on a few drives primarily from running it. Then, gave Stroud a chance to get it in the endzone once they were close. I watched the games simultaneously with the Sunday Ticket. It's really obvious when you watch both games at the same time. 

Stroud is really good for a rookie. I am not denying that. Never did. But he makes mistakes. He misses easy throws too. His timing is off at timeswhen the protection breaks down. But he's a rookie so that is to be expected. But the team picks him up all the time. He's throwing to guys that are actually open - alot. Not just NFL open, but OPEN OPEN. Watch the game. Just the scoring drives if you don't have much time. And tell me what you think about weapons and playcalling compared to what's here in Carolina. 

Yesterday was the first game our run game looked like something resembling something other than hot garbage. And truthfully Pierce didn’t have a good game at all, 13 rushes for a whopping 34 yards. Devin singletary had his most carries of the season 12/58 yards. 
To keep it in perspective the previous week he had zero carries. Obviously they have acknowledged our rush attack is horrific. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

When looking at ticketmaster, sit on the north side where the visitors are and if you can I’d try to get northeast to avoid as much of the sun as possible in your eyes. Top or top right when on Ticketmaster. 

I appreciate this!

• Pie 1

I know I’m not a true Panthers fan but given I live here and have friends who are diehards it really was best case scenario for me as I wanted the Texans to draft BY. I don’t think the game looks to big to him. I think he will settle in and be a solid dude. Hard to justify the price tag but if he’s under center for 10 plus years it’s worth it. 

My allegiance is to Houston Sports (Texans, Astros, Rockets) & Longhorns for college but it’s nice I can root for the Panthers and Texans to meet in the SB HAHA. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, As1459 said:

Yesterday was the first game our run game looked like something resembling something other than hot garbage. And truthfully Pierce didn’t have a good game at all, 13 rushes for a whopping 34 yards. Devin singletary had his most carries of the season 12/58 yards. 
To keep it in perspective the previous week he had zero carries. Obviously they have acknowledged our rush attack is horrific. 

Pierce flat out sucked. Why Houston decided to give Pierce the ball on 1st and goal at the 1 yard line is beyond me, when Singletary was have a way better game.

Someone said Stroud's receivers were "open open". I just saw the tape, their were definitely some perfect sideline passes to receivers covered tightly. As this dude points out:

youtube.com/watch?v=aHjHgstpOq8

Having said that, of course he's made some rookie mistakes. An occasional bad throw. But this idea he's somehow terrible under pressure is overstated. Especially since early on, they showed how well he was performing against the blitz. Anyway, Stroud performed better than any QB vs the Saints so far when it comes to deep throws, according to NFL LIVE today...and that was without Tank Dell. 

Stroud has been perfect for Houston because they are letting him play HIS game, and turning his receivers into Ohio State-like receivers.

I've already praised Bryce on another thread for improvements I've seen. As far as the next game, will our secondary be healthy in 2 weeks, I wonder? If not, expect CJ to go to town.

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, 96Bravo said:

Pierce flat out sucked. Why Houston decided to give Pierce the ball on 1st and goal at the 1 yard line is beyond me, when Singletary was have a way better game.

Someone said Stroud's receivers were "open open". I just saw the tape, their were definitely some perfect sideline passes to receivers covered tightly. As this dude points out:

youtube.com/watch?v=aHjHgstpOq8

Having said that, of course he's made some rookie mistakes. An occasional bad throw. But this idea he's somehow terrible under pressure is overstated. Especially since early on, they showed how well he was performing against the blitz. Anyway, Stroud performed better than any QB vs the Saints so far when it comes to deep throws, according to NFL LIVE today...and that was without Tank Dell. 

Stroud has been perfect for Houston because they are letting him play HIS game, and turning his receivers into Ohio State-like receivers.

I've already praised Bryce on another thread for improvements I've seen. As far as the next game, will our secondary be healthy in 2 weeks, I wonder? If not, expect CJ to go to town.

This is a great assessment. I didn’t want to come in challenging others as first, I’m new here and second I enjoy productive discussions not just fighting without actual substance. 
You don’t want any QB throwing 40-50 times a game much less a rookie QB. Stroud isn’t just a game manager right now and yes he’s definitely making rookie mistakes. 

It’s much different for a Texans fan vs a Panthers because we never had a chance to draft BY and y’all could’ve taken whoever so there will always be that “what if?”

IMG_7691.thumb.jpeg.c123fffe695c259def3fd75e5724c350.jpegIMG_7690.thumb.jpeg.7a97263770fb922f62c2d71267b97c38.jpeg

Here are Stroud’s charts against the Saints and Falcons. Nothing crazy. Had Bryce faced NO and ATL games 4 and 6 instead of 1 and 2 I’m sure his personal results would be better 

Bryce has done some really good things the last two weeks. Outside of Geno against Detroit and Josh Allen against Miami those teams have held QB’s in check. Young’s numbers were pretty solid stacked up to all the other QB’s they’ve faced. 

If they can get Bryce someone that he can form a deep ball connection with it would drastically change everything. Everyone was worried about his ability to throw over the middle of the field and that hasn’t been a problem at all. 

I’m semi excited to watch these next few games after the bye. Overall the Panthers are trash but I’m not completely blinded to the fact Young has done some good things lately. 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, As1459 said:

Gotcha. I didn't realize that was the case because in the Saints game, they looked a lot better than anything Carolina has done all season. I'm not a Texans fan so I hadn't seen a full game yet. I had only been watching highlights and stat lines for CJ, but decided to actually watch him play and came away thinking he's really good for a rookie, but I didn't see where he was sooo much better than BY. The RBs and receivers were making plays all over the place. But, apparently that was an outlier and not the norm. 

Edited by Navy_football
  • Pie 1

34 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Gotcha. I didn't realize that was the case because in the Saints game, they looked a lot better than anything Carolina has done all season. I'm not a Texans fan so I hadn't seen a full game yet. I had only been watching highlights and stat lines for CJ, but decided to actually watch him play and came away thinking he's really good for a rookie, but I didn't see where he was sooo much better than BY. The RBs and receivers were making plays all over the place. But, apparently that was an outlier and not the norm. 

It’s all good. I’ll be the first to admit that my allegiances lie with Houston teams but we have moved around A LOT and a curious thing happened living outside of Texas. I actually became more objective watching sports and I actually enjoy the game way more. 
watching BY I think he’s going to be just fine. It’s fun to argue the what if of things but for better or worse the panthers have hitched their wagon to Bryce for at least the next two years. 

it’ll be fun to see how him and Stroud development. Im excited because the Texans best QB was Matt Schaub! The whole Deshaun situation got weird real fast I think I’m just getting over that whole mess. 

• Beer 1