• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is going to be a good QB btw...

Zod

1 hour ago, frankw said:

The reason people don't post PFF grade threads anymore is because it's immediately filled with complaints. There's no ulterior motives.

There in fact was a thread posted last week just a few minutes after the rankings came out and in the subject line had the title Bryce in the bottom 5 yet again. No ulterior motives eh?

28 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Surprised how typical this looks actually. These were the first three I saw on the Next Gen Stats twitter page. Hurts made deep attempts but only two more 20+ yard completions than Young:

Yeah I often look at other charts just to see and it really is pretty typical. Pull up Prescott’s charts and they’re not impressive. If posted Dak’s without context people here would think their Young’s

IMG_7694.thumb.jpeg.48e522724f7ec9b80b62cd1e24441485.jpegIMG_7695.thumb.jpeg.690cdbf721790f4773659fbc0295d9f0.jpeg

Here’s Mahomes and Young’s chart against Detroit 

Again, I shat all over Young the first few weeks but I’m not blind to see the progress he’s making. Add in the fact his “supporting cast” consists of 33 year old Thielen being his WR1 and it’s been encouraging. 

• Pie 1

Just now, X-Clown said:

There in fact was a thread posted last week just a few minutes after the rankings came out and in the subject line had the title Bryce in the bottom 5 yet again. No ulterior motives eh?

The passing charts are useful if they make Bryce look bad, but if they're similar to other QBs, they're meaningless.

The PFF ratings are useful if they make Bryce look bad, but if they're similar to other QBs, they're meaningless.

Here comes another copy-and-paste reply from the same three people...

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Here is your boy Sam Howell's week 6 passing chart. Not all that different. 

image.thumb.png.a1a9e71babdcefa1585414839335ac98.png

The two longest white dots were dropped balls that would've been TDs. It doesn't show up on a stat sheet but it still makes the D respect your ability to go deep.

Howell is a top five deep ball thrower in the NFL right NOW.

18 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Mostly the PFF threads have been used to poo on Brian Burns from what I've seen.

The cope in this thread is ridiculous though. Guys posting game by game passing charts for good or elite QB's and completely glossing over season numbers and where our #1 pick ranks in completion % YPA and YPG. And you want to talk to me about ulterior motives 🤣

Edited by frankw

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The two longest white dots were dropped balls that would've been TDs. It doesn't show up on a stat sheet but it still makes the D respect your ability to go deep.

Howell is a top five deep ball thrower in the NFL right NOW.

He has a great deep ball but those numbers pulled by @BrianS were eye opening. He has been sacked 34 times with an average pocket time of 2.5 seconds. That’s just mind boggling to me.. 

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He has a great deep ball but those numbers pulled by @BrianS were eye opening. He has been sacked 34 times with an average pocket time of 2.5 seconds. That’s just mind boggling to me.. 

They have the second worst OL in the league behind the Giants from what I've seen. Their pass protection is practically non-existent.

One of the reasons I'm so down on Bryce is because of what I'm watching Howell do with even worse OL protection, granted he does have an elite receiver in McLaurin.

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So you're saying another young QB has an OL worse than ours. And he's still producing?

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They have the second worst OL in the league behind the Giants from what I've seen. Their pass protection is practically non-existent.

One of the reasons I'm so down on Bryce is because of what I'm watching Howell do with even worse OL protection, granted he does have an elite receiver in McLaurin.

According to the data Howell has more pocket time on average though. That’s what’s weird?

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

So you're saying another young QB has an OL worse than ours. And he's still producing?

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

Actually not at all. It’s weird that he has MORE pocket time and way more sacks. 
To be clear I like Howell and was for us drafting him. Those stats were just odd to me.

Edited by ForJimmy

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

Mostly the PFF threads have been used to poo on Brian Burns from what I've seen.

The cope in this thread is ridiculous though. Guys posting game by game passing charts for good or elite QB's and completely glossing over season numbers and where our #1 pick ranks in completion % YPA and YPG. And you want to talk to me about ulterior motives 🤣

Yeah, I'm sure you really didn't read that thread from last week and never saw it. Oh wait, guess who posted this in it:

"Let's be honest if he were getting positive grades from PFF they would be getting posted in just about every thread about him. Every fanbase hates PFF when their team sucks"

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

The passing charts are useful if they make Bryce look bad, but if they're similar to other QBs, they're meaningless.

The PFF ratings are useful if they make Bryce look bad, but if they're similar to other QBs, they're meaningless.

Here comes another copy-and-paste reply from the same three people...

They're like Batman

26 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah I often look at other charts just to see and it really is pretty typical. Pull up Prescott’s charts and they’re not impressive. If posted Dak’s without context people here would think their Young’s

IMG_7694.thumb.jpeg.48e522724f7ec9b80b62cd1e24441485.jpegIMG_7695.thumb.jpeg.690cdbf721790f4773659fbc0295d9f0.jpeg

Here’s Mahomes and Young’s chart against Detroit 

Again, I shat all over Young the first few weeks but I’m not blind to see the progress he’s making. Add in the fact his “supporting cast” consists of 33 year old Thielen being his WR1 and it’s been encouraging. 

Those 7 Mahomes deep shots make all the difference in how the db's play you though. It doesn't have to be every drive, you just have to try it way more than we do

• Pie 4