• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would've thought

NAS

Just now, AceBoogie said:

I’d argue it’s been situational play calling. Feel like we’ve actually moved the ball pretty well and then we get stupid. 

I think Thomas Brown will change that. In usual Panthers fashion it's going to go either really well or really bad though.

11 hours ago, thebdawg said:

This is just not true. Our offense is tied for 10th in total first downs. We are 9th in time of possession. It’s not good but it’s not the stagnant offense you’re claiming it is.

The offense isn’t the only thing to blame. I would argue the defense has been worse, but we are riddled with injuries so that adds up.

The reason why we are probably injured on defense is due to wear-and-tear, which goes back to our offense not being able to capitalize on drives.

Problem with our defense is we don't have the depth to make up for our injuries.

44 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It’s close enough to tell you that we aren’t 0-6 on offense alone. 

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone seriously pitching that. I just wanted to update folks who come into a thread thinking we have the best scoring offense in the division to have correct information since we aren’t. It’s not a large gap, but the initial title was incorrect is all. 

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, NAS said:

Through 6 games, Panthers would lead the NFC South in following categories

1. Points scored (112)

2. Points against (186)

You  look at our board and we focus so much on offensive problems but our defense has been extremely poor

Too many injuries at key spots.  And we have gotten repeatedly gashed in the run game.  Just like every other recent year. 

13 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Every time we try to switch to a 3-4 on the fly (without properly bringing in the right personnel) we fall flat on our face.  It's not as seamless of a switch as most people think.  There's a reason teams draft defensive personnel to fit them schematically, namely LBs, edge and D-line.

I think most people that thought it was easy are the bandwagoning, non deep diving types. I generally look at history when trying to predict stuff, I don’t know that I can think of a team that seamlessly ever just switched with the same players, and killed it. Might be someone somewhere. 

Anyway, I thought, considering what we were working with, the defense was outstanding early. Better than I expected by at least a couple notches. I don’t know I’d call Evero a disappointment off of these results

These guys we are using the secondary, I don’t know of a coach that can will them to win reps against quality NFL targets. Evero, Wilks, hell Vince Lombadri himself couldn’t win with them. 

5 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

The $250,000 Fanduel winner this week stacked the Dolphins. So going forward if you play FD you need to stack against the Panthers. I did but only a partial stack. I still cashed decently.

Seems like stacking Dolphins would have good results overall this year