• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Safe Space - ZERO negativity allowed in this thread

LinvilleGorge

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

Yeah this type of poo is why people are annoyed. The QB school vid was just posted with the dude praising Young’s arm strength on throws, he throws a dart 30yds down field off balance with a defender yanking on him literally the second pass of the game, countless other examples, the overthrow on the deep shot that was inaccurate because the QB couldn’t follow through and had to protect himself because the guard and center blew the protection. Then you say you’re just being realistic. That’s called blind negativity and trolling.

I’ve tried to start discussions about our abysmal defense, you know the 31st defense in the NFL. But all these folks that want to be “realistic” about our crappy team only seem to want to discuss their negative views about the rookie QB. That’s interesting.

None of that matters if the qb isnt good. 

We have 5 games now at the nfl level and 2 years worth of college tape.  His arm is average at best in the nfl.  Keep day dreaming that its elite I dont care.  

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We have 5 games now at the nfl level and 2 years worth of college tape.  His arm is average at best in the nfl.  Keep day dreaming that its elite I dont care.  

Yeah because anybody said “elite”. Absolute troll.

• Flames 2

6 minutes ago, EgoDogg said:

@LinvilleGorge, I mean this in the most respectful way, but I think you need to take a step back. This thread adds nothing of value to the board and whether your intentions are positive or not, contextually it looks very passive-aggressive.

As a moderator, the bare minimum should be to lead by example. This is not the precedent you want to be setting.

It was a sincere offer.

That's the problem. Everything right now is taken in the worst of possible context. I can't fix that.

I'm so confused?  Did you just make a giant troll thread for people looking at some potential in our starting QB??  I mean the guy who owns this site stated that Bryce Young is going to be good and made a thread on it, but we aren't allowed to talk about any signs of him looking good?  No one is arguing that the state of the Panthers is terrible right now, just that Young could be a solid QB for us.  

To quote @Zod

If you have watched a lot of football, it isn't hard to see that Bryce is a NFL caliber starting QB

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was a sincere offer.

That's the problem. Everything right now is taken in the worst of possible context. I can't fix that.

we are 0-6 without a first and a team an asinine number of holes

gave up a poo ton for a guy that hasnt shown dick yet, people are going to be on edge

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Everyone is saying his arm is average.  People saying he can't throw a deep ball and calling him a noodle arm are the ones that people who call his arm average are arguing with.   An average QB can throw a deep ball in the NFL.  

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I'm so confused?  Did you just make a giant troll thread for people looking at some potential in our starting QB??  I mean the guy who owns this site stated that Bryce Young is going to be good and made a thread on it, but we aren't allowed to talk about any signs of him looking good?  No one is arguing that the state of the Panthers is terrible right now, just that Young could be a solid QB for us.  

To quote @Zod

If you have watched a lot of football, it isn't hard to see that Bryce is a NFL caliber starting QB

For the umpteenth time. 

The. Offer. Was. Sincere.

If y'all wanted a positive vibes only thread I'd give you one and enforce it. I don't think there's any actual desire for it. I think some folks just want to take their frustrations out on fellow fans instead of directing them at the team/organization causing the frustrations 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

To quote @Zod

we gave up cmac, 2 2nds, dj moore and a potential #1 pick for a "nfl caliber starting qb"?  you dont see the irony  (is that the right word here) of that statement

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Everyone is saying his arm is average.  People saying he can't throw a deep ball and calling him a noodle arm are the ones that people who call his arm average are arguing with.   An average QB can throw a deep ball in the NFL.  

I'm not calling his arm average. It looks considerably below average IMO. I thought it was NFL average pre-draft. I think I was wrong.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It was a sincere offer.

In that case, I'll take your word for it. Thanks for providing a thread for those to talk about the positives. I'll try to get some positives in the thread

• Chuba's made me eat a bit of crow between last season and this season. Glad to see him starting to put it together
  • Despite the miss, Piniero has been very reliable for the most part
  • I do see flashes from Bryce and I'm not going to throw in the towel 6 games into a rookie campaign. Rookie QB expectations are too high now due to outliers. Most of the issues are around the QB, imo.
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

To quote @Zod

He’s upset because there was a breakdown video posted on Bryce Young vs. Miami, which was generally positive and would be hard to watch and come away with nothing positive. And yet the first thing he did was be overly negative and imply that anybody not being completely negative and miserable after a generally positive video were “cope”ing. And since he got some negative response to his unwarranted negativity, he created a whole thread to try to make it look like anybody who tried to find and discuss positives rather than negatives were unreasonable and needed a “Safe Space” for pooing his negative posts.

I think that about covers it.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

No, we just don’t understand why you choose to nitpick our starting QB when he’s showing the flashes you claim to want. We can take fair and reasonable criticism, you just don’t seem to be capable of that. Maybe you need to create a Bryce vent thread for you and your buddies. 

He literally is cheering for CJ Stroud in other threads saying he hopes he throws for 5 TD against us. Dude is not even a Panthers fan and is somehow a mod.