• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports suggest Panthers trade Burns to the Ravens for a first and third.

Varking

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

What makes you think his value gonna be higher in off season? I can only see that 3rd going up to a 2nd maybe. 2 first rounders is out the window. 

Because the cost of signing someone on a franchise tag is 2 firsts, and a team out there will 100% pay two late first rounders to get a pass rusher of his ability, no question about it.

That might be a tough one to swing mid season, but come FA season someone will do it.

• Pie 1

oh, and HELLLLLLLL NOOOOOO to giving up our 3rd to get Jeudy.

That's going to be a top 70 pick, for the right to get an average player who we'll owe $13 million to next year.

The contract alone for a player of his ability is why I just wouldn't consider a trade for him unless it involves a pick swap with us getting something good back.  I'll give them a 5th for Jeudy and their 2024 3rd, but that would be the most I'd even consider for him.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Because the cost of signing someone on a franchise tag is 2 firsts, and a team out there will 100% pay two late first rounders to get a pass rusher of his ability, no question about it.

That might be a tough one to swing mid season, but come FA season someone will do it.

I dont think burns value is 2 first right now, Also that would depend on how the rest of his season goes which isn't living up to 2 first round picks.  Would love to get 2 first tho. 

The rams was the only team willing to do that last year and that was mainly cuz they are known for trading first for established players. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

They told me all offseason TMJ and Mingo were up next and we don't need a #1 WR.

No, we told you Chark took the money and spot of what could be used to get a true #1.

Take his $6 million, add another 5-6 on top, and get the true #1.

TMJ and Mingo were brought up in that they needed to get playing time this year to see if TMJ could be anything and to help develop Mingo.  Just because TMJ is showing that he sucks and Mingo isn't there yet, doesn't mean we could have gone after a true #1 after signing Chark.

Again, this is the stuff I was talking about in looking at things from a Madden player standpoint.  In real life NFL you have to consider all factors, not just "do we have a legit #1 WR, no? ok let's get one, implications be damned"

• Pie 2

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

I dont think burns value is 2 first right now, Also that would depend on how the rest of his season goes which isn't living up to 2 first round picks.  Would love to get 2 first tho. 

The rams was the only team willing to do that last year and that was mainly cuz they are known for trading first for established players. 

Nah, he'd have to look REALLY bad the rest of the year for a team to not want to do it in the offseason.

They'll look at his enormous potential and what he showed before this year, and chalk it up to the new defense not using him correctly and believe that "in our system he'll thrive" just like all teams do.  You put him on a contender, where the team is usually playing with a lead so he can pin his ears back and just pass rush, and have better players around him, particularly the secondary to make the QB hold the ball longer, and he's going to be a beast.

• Pie 1

I would heavily consider that offer for Burns but I would hold him his value will be just as high in the offseason and more teams will be sniffing around.

I wouldn't give up more than a single 5th or 6th for Jeudy. He's lazy and can't be bothered to give a damn about the team that drafted him. Why do we want him or think he will change his ways here of all places again?

• Pie 1

Just now, tukafan21 said:

No, we told you Chark took the money and spot of what could be used to get a true #1.

Take his $6 million, add another 5-6 on top, and get the true #1.

TMJ and Mingo were brought up in that they needed to get playing time this year to see if TMJ could be anything and to help develop Mingo.  Just because TMJ is showing that he sucks and Mingo isn't there yet, doesn't mean we could have gone after a true #1 after signing Chark.

Again, this is the stuff I was talking about in looking at things from a Madden player standpoint.  In real life NFL you have to consider all factors, not just "do we have a legit #1 WR, no? ok let's get one, implications be damned"

My man you need to let this go. 

We need a #1 WR point blank. We don't have time to wait on TMJ and Mingo to develop. If they had it they would have showed it already. It's not like we have some crazy talented guys in front of them. Old man Theilen has been our best WR and it hasn't even been close. That's how bad our WR situation is right now. 

• Pie 1

The ball ain’t getting thrown Chark’s way & that’s on him? Nah.. if he was dropping lots then I’d understand but that’s not how it is. Other than Theilen, nobody is consistent, although Chuba stepping up…

a 1st, a 2nd & 2025 3rd should get the trade papers signed for SpiderZero, or a 1st, a 3rd & a player makes it go now… Burns ain’t poo, shoulda shipped him to Chi.. bad business to franchise mediocrity… but masochism is sort of a requirement for being a Panthers fan…

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My man you need to let this go. 

We need a #1 WR point blank. We don't have time to wait on TMJ and Mingo to develop. If they had it they would have showed it already. It's not like we have some crazy talented guys in front of them. Old man Theilen has been our best WR and it hasn't even been close. That's how bad our WR situation is right now. 

First, I need to let it go?  YOU keep saying this same thing in so many threads the last couple weeks about how people told you this about those guys and bitching about not having a #1.

But beyond that, I've never said we didn't need a #1, I've been screaming it from the moment we traded DJ

But knowing you need one, wanting you need one, and being realistic about who we can get or how we can get them can't be ignored, but you seem to keep wanting to.

Once we spent the money we did on Chark and Thielen, then drafting Mingo, that was it, it was a wrap for us making any other non back of the rotation additions to the WR room, even once D-Hop became available.  The team felt that Chark was going to be a good enough #1, it never was about TMJ or Mingo being the #1 and them having failed, they were always meant to be a #2 on the outside to Clark's #1 with Thielen in the slot.

At that point, the money and draft pick commitment was made to go into the season with those 3, TMJ, and Laviska as our Top 5 WRs.  Overspending on a D-Hop, to use up a big chunk what precious cap room we'll finally have next season while also essentially eliminating TMJ and/or Mingo from getting meaningful snaps just wasn't an option.

Of course hindsight is 20/20 and we should have never factored TMJ into the equation, but he had a strong finish to last year and the team and it's fans believed he could have been finally showing some of his potential.  If he was even a solid #2 level WR right now after 6 games, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now, as with what Thielen is doing, if we had TMJ putting up #2 numbers, we'd be fine with those 2 along with what Chark and Mingo have provided.

Sure, if we can get a Higgins somehow this year, go for it, but short of another random WR becoming available that we didn't think would be, there isn't any reason to make a trade for average WRs like Jeudy or even Brown right now.  We just have to stick it out for the season and make sure to make a splash signing or trade in the offseason for a true #1.

Again, this is where you mix the Madden view with real life NFL football, involving salary cap space both this year and into the future, as well as trying to build up players for the future, rather than one year (which is why Mingo did and still does need meaningful snaps and targets).  It's all a give and take, you can't just manipulate things to get whoever you want just because you want to.

Edited by tukafan21