• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thoughts on Justin Fields as a backup next season?

CamWhoaaCam

14 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Baker IS a back-up though. JF is not. He just sucks.

He’s top five in passing touchdowns this active season and he’s one of the best rushing QBs the league ever saw last season. It’s in there, he just needs to be more consistent. Or a restart somewhere else. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nope who the fug is that?

Never heard anyone talk about Spencer Rattler in my life. To be fair I'm not really good with names. I couldn't tell you most teams backup QBs.

Call me a casual but I'm just not good with remembering names. 

The fake USC's (University of South Carolina) QB, who used to play in front of Caleb Williams at OU as the Heisman frontrunner, got benched against rival TX due to sucky play (I was watching that game), lost his starting job to Williams permanently, got mad and went to SC where he's also been up and down, but has a couple of signature wins against UT and Clemson.

For me, he's always thrown too many INTs. He was looking good for awhile there at OU, but it all went to poo. He has some talent, but will have to be developed. I think that he'll be drafted, but the expectation will likely be as a backup with some starter upside if developed correctly.

1 hour ago, Varking said:

He’s top five in passing touchdowns this active season and he’s one of the best rushing QBs the league ever saw last season. It’s in there, he just needs to be more consistent. Or a restart somewhere else. 

Yeah he needs to get away from the Bears. What Jim Harbaugh leave Michigan for the NFL and sign Fields. He’ll get him playing at a much higher level. 

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nope who the fug is that?

Never heard anyone talk about Spencer Rattler in my life. To be fair I'm not really good with names. I couldn't tell you most teams backup QBs.

Call me a casual but I'm just not good with remembering names. 

Casuals know who Spencer Rattler is

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah he needs to get away from the Bears. What Jim Harbaugh leave Michigan for the NFL and sign Fields. He’ll get him playing at a much higher level. 

I’m fascinated by the potential story of Lincoln Riley coaching the Bears, bringing Caleb Williams with him and then drafting Marvin Harrison JR. 

He would obviously need to hire an actual for real for real coordinator for defense and not bring a friend with him. But it would be fun. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

The fake USC's (University of South Carolina) QB, who used to play in front of Caleb Williams at OU as the Heisman frontrunner, got benched against rival TX due to sucky play (I was watching that game), lost his starting job to Williams permanently, got mad and went to SC where he's also been up and down, but has a couple of signature wins against UT and Clemson.

For me, he's always thrown too many INTs. He was looking good for awhile there at OU, but it all went to poo. He has some talent, but will have to be developed. I think that he'll be drafted, but the expectation will likely be as a backup with some starter upside if developed correctly.

I don't see any scenario in which we draft another QB. I think the draft will be about getting some help for Bryce either Oline/WR/TE.

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Hard to believe he just forgot how to pass. He was a pretty good passer at the college level. I think it's more mental, he's seeing a lot and that Oline doesn't give him much time to process. I think if he had a decent Oline we could see his true potential.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Hard to believe he just forgot how to pass. He was a pretty good passer at the college level. I think it's more mental, he's seeing a lot and that Oline doesn't give him much time to process. I think if he had a decent Oline we could see his true potential.

Shitty team around him in the past with Nagy overcomplicating things pulling him in and out of the starting lineup. Plus several different offenses to learn. Still has a questionable OL. Basically the playbook on how to ruin a young QB. 

• Pie 2