• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49er fans calling for wilks head!!

Sean Payton's Vicodin

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not just that they aren't "top rated". They aren't anywhere close to as good as they have been for the last few years.

When we saw where he got hired, most of us felt like Wilks had looked into a dream scenario. The 49ers have an star studded defense with great players at every level add an offense that allows them to be aggressive. Their DC job looked like a fast track to another head coaching gig.

But it's gone off the rails.

And that's kinda surprising because truth be told, Wilks was always much more motivator than technician. With the talent he has in San Fran, you'd think it'd work pretty well.

Why it doesn't? Don't know, but it's definitely concerning.

Oh I know, man. I took their D in Fantasy and I may not play them again this season. Major let down.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not just that they aren't "top rated". They aren't anywhere close to as good as they have been for the last few years.

When we saw where he got hired, most of us felt like Wilks had looked into a dream scenario. The 49ers have an star studded defense with great players at every level add an offense that allows them to be aggressive. Their DC job looked like a fast track to another head coaching gig.

And that's kinda surprising because truth be told, Wilks was always much more motivator than technician. With the talent he has in San Fran, you'd think it'd work pretty well.

Agreed. Salah and DaMarco knows how to take advantage of their talent on how to match up best against any specific opponents weakness. Any DC can be a cheerleader but maybe that's what our team needs to be an HC, a cheerleader who can motivate this team including Sam D to play well!

Lets trade Reich for Wilks! I think the 49ers will be receptive so Reich can be their new DC. Its a win win for both teams!

Storm surge time!!!!

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The defense was a top 3 defense a week ago and are still top 10. Secondly, they have lost two games and you describe it as "gone off the rails". Maybe it has, because the HC is talking about him to the press like he lost the game. Coaching with Shanahan, mister 28-3 OC that lost a NFL Championship with his blundering seemed like a dream scenario? This star studded defense allowed a player to rip an interception loose and run uncontested to the endzone. At least our abysmal talent on defense caught a pick and took it to the house againsst the Vikings. On top of that Purdy's football giveaway gave the Vikings more possessions.  This entire thread was started just to try and quell the Wilks supporters on the forum. Again they are still a top 10 team with only 2 losses and the Vikings game directly showed Purdy is mediocre. Also, Bosa has said he is having a slow start due to missing camp and having to work himself back. Having to sift through all that logic is pretty hard. I can see where it is easier to pile on though. 

On 10/24/2023 at 12:56 AM, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is a sad and pathetic thread and proves some people just hated Wilks.

Before this game people were talking about the 49ers like they were the best team in football. Now that they lose without 2 of their top 5 players Trent/Deebo you chose to make a topic about Steve Wilks.

OP couldn't wait to make this topic. He been waiting for Wilks to lose a few games.lmao

Meanwhile we are the worst team in football and Frank hasn't won a game since we hired him over wilks. You guys should think before you make these dumb topics.

Nah Wilks fans cant be this delusional

Cardinal fans hate him

Most panther fans don't think he's that great

He will be the most hated 49ers coach in a long time

Isn't it funny that no matter whereever wilks goes he is disliked? Of course the Wilks dickriders will just shove their heads in the sand over the reality that he is not a good coach, and make up bullshit like how the anti wilks squad wanted Frank Wrong (both are poo).

The funny thing is that Wilks took this job thinking it was an express to a HC spot, but its gonna be what seals his fate as never getting a HC gig ever again.

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Nah Wilks fans cant be this delusional

Cardinal fans hate him

Most panther fans don't think he's that great

He will be the most hated 49ers coach in a long time

Isn't it funny that no matter whereever wilks goes he is disliked? Of course the Wilks dickriders will just shove their heads in the sand over the reality that he is not a good coach, and make up bullshit like how the anti wilks squad wanted Frank Wrong (both are poo).

The funny thing is that Wilks took this job thinking it was an express to a HC spot, but its gonna be what seals his fate as never getting a HC gig ever again.

Bro on here complaining about Wilks yet ignoring we have a HC who might be worst than Rhule who hasn't won a game since we hired him.lmao

Your priorities are all fudged up my man. Beefing with Wilks is crazy he's coaching a SB contender right now while we are the worst team in the NFL.

This is a battle you just can't win so just keep your thoughts to yourself k.

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bro on here complaining about Wilks yet ignoring we have a HC who might be worst than Rhule who hasn't won a game since we hired him.lmao

Your priorities are all fudged up my man. Beefing with Wilks is crazy he's coaching a SB contender right now while we are the worst team in the NFL.

This is a battle you just can't win so just keep your thoughts to yourself k.

everyone knows reich belongs in the retirement home, besides dave and nicole. I wanted Big Brain Shane Steichen but tepper fell for dumb ass poo as usual. i think both wilks and reich should not be HCs in the nfl, maybe high school in rural georgia

1 hour ago, Rocky Davis said:

I don't think Wilks is a bad coach, but he isn't a HC.

He had the chance here right in front of him, he evoked pre Riverboat Rivera and punted the ball to Tom Brady from midfield in a must win game with a decimated secondary.  He made the decision easy for NOT getting the HC job. 

Um so you think being a DC is his calling?!? WRONG MISTER! Since our players seem to respond to Wilks as HC, we should bring him back for his leadership cheers since being a OC/DC requires scheming for your players which he does not or cannot do. All you need to be an HC is make sure your staff does the coaching and to motivate your players which he does really well.

• Flames 1

Saw an analysis (will post it if I can find it again) about one of the issues with the defense Wilks is calling right now.

Ideally, there should be a synch between what your front for and your back seven are doing. This analysis showed that's not happening with the 49ers right now.

Generally speaking, even his biggest fans would agree that Wilks is much more of a motivator than a technician. The best coordinators are technicians.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

——

Generally speaking, even his biggest fans would agree that Wilks is much more of a motivator than a technician. The best coordinators are technicians.

This is fair. I didn’t like him a ton when he made it to DC. Loved him as the DB coach.

The other point about punting to Brady with the secondary etc… 

That is fair too. Still I saw a change in the players, for the better, and it beat anything I have seen for years. 

There was word earlier that Shanahan had called Wilks into a meeting with some speculation that he might be fired, but I haven't heard anything further about that.

Going from being the next head coach in waiting to being fired from a coordinator spot midseason would be a hell of a fall from grace.

Edited by Mr. Scot