• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Tepper is smart he goes after Jim Harbaugh.

CamWhoaaCam

All due respect, no!   And I don’t think that’s what we want.  Harbaugh is a theory X kind of coach. I think a theory Y coach would be much better here.  In other words, do you want a coach that bullies his players into play or do you want a coach who respects his team?  A theory X coach might be successful for a year or two.  However,  players become resentful and team performance goes to $&@$/.

2 hours ago, Green-Ghost said:

All due respect, no!   And I don’t think that’s what we want.  Harbaugh is a theory X kind of coach. I think a theory Y coach would be much better here.  In other words, do you want a coach that bullies his players into play or do you want a coach who respects his team?  A theory X coach might be successful for a year or two.  However,  players become resentful and team performance goes to $&@$/.

We had that in Wilks, everyone played better under him , when Darnold came back he looked like the game had slowed down and he wasn't seeing ghosts anymore 

If SF fires him , we should correct that mistake

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The "coach he was" had players on a winning team hating him so much they wanted to leave.

Which players were they? Did they move on successfully? People are too quick to dislike him. How many have left Michigan because of him being so terrible? Hell, I would be willing to bet that Vince Lombardi may have had a guy or two that didn't like him in his career and may have wanted on another team. Too much speculation based upon unjustified dislike for Harbaugh when all I see is a resume of success but let's just keep with what we have been doing since what we have been doing has been working out so well for us for so many years now. 

Edited by Ricky Prickles

5 hours ago, Green-Ghost said:

All speculation and rumors. Lets just keep what we have been doing and hire another Matt Rhule or another Zombie coach Reich to stand on the sidelines un-emotionless since the last two have worked out so well for us.

• Pie 1

On 10/24/2023 at 9:39 PM, onmyown said:

Still don’t understand Tepper do you? Some of you just don’t get it.

I’d love Harbaugh. Yes he’s short lived and annoying as hell. But he knows how to win.

Problem is, he’s the type that will tell Tepper his ideas are stupid. As is probably the case for a lot of coaches who interview here and come to find out ‘aren’t a good fit’, yet have success elsewhere. Tepper is the problem.

Know why Tepper’s constantly parades this idea he loves to hire people that disagree with him and provide constructive criticism? Because he’s trying to convince himself.

Reality is, he cannot stand being disagreed with let alone shown otherwise. It’s why he hasn’t hired help. And he certainly would never allow someone to cross his wife who is a big part of decision making.

His history of bitterness, grudges, and past hires of yes men prove this point.

Keep dreaming. Tepper will win his way or not at all. He wants all the credit or no one to have it.

🤣🤣

Could you imagine Jim Harbaugh allowing Nicole Tepper to even talk to the QB he is going to draft until he was in the building for introductions? Secondly, could you imagine Harbaugh allowing her to answer phones during the draft or have any input in the draft period? That would be day one, keep these people out of my way and let me do football stuff! Our team has been turned in to a playground for neurotic nepotism and Gump fantasies. This may get a whole lot worse!

• Flames 1

The question is not whether Tepper would go after Harbaugh, but whether Harbaugh would be interested.  Right now, if you are Harbaugh and you are looking to get back to the NFL, Carolina is down near the bottom of your list on possible landing spots.  He could make a lot better career decisions than to come to Carolina. 

4 minutes ago, DPardue said:

The question is not whether Tepper would go after Harbaugh, but whether Harbaugh would be interested.  Right now, if you are Harbaugh and you are looking to get back to the NFL, Carolina is down near the bottom of your list on possible landing spots.  He could make a lot better career decisions than to come to Carolina. 

We met with him in the off-season or did he turn us down like many of the other candidates?

On 10/24/2023 at 8:39 PM, onmyown said:

Still don’t understand Tepper do you? Some of you just don’t get it.

I’d love Harbaugh. Yes he’s short lived and annoying as hell. But he knows how to win.

Problem is, he’s the type that will tell Tepper his ideas are stupid. As is probably the case for a lot of coaches who interview here and come to find out ‘aren’t a good fit’, yet have success elsewhere. Tepper is the problem.

Know why Tepper’s constantly parades this idea he loves to hire people that disagree with him and provide constructive criticism? Because he’s trying to convince himself.

Reality is, he cannot stand being disagreed with let alone shown otherwise. It’s why he hasn’t hired help. And he certainly would never allow someone to cross his wife who is a big part of decision making.

His history of bitterness, grudges, and past hires of yes men prove this point.

Keep dreaming. Tepper will win his way or not at all. He wants all the credit or no one to have it.

I think it all depends upon how you tell Pepper, his idea is stupid.  Think about it this way. 

you are in your office,your head coach comes in to your office points a finger at you and screams. You will fire, Jason orange, your water boy.  Compare this with, your head coach comes into your office and tells you he would recommend firing Jason, orange, the Waterboy, because bla bla bla.

which person would you be willing to deal with? Which person would you want to deal with? Which person are you most likely to agree with without telling them to get the hell out of your office?

people with honor do not try to intimidate others to get their way.