• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 1

Jackie Lee

Micic, Mann, and Williams made a huge difference.

Bertans was solid and Curry will be just fine.

Looking to the future. Most of the team will be in tact for next year with the potential to add a high prized FA along with a top draft pick. If the Hornets wanted to, they could add someone like Siakam and draft someone like Knecht.

PG - Ball, Micic, Mann

SG - Miller, Martin, Curry, Smith Jr.

SF - Bridges, Knecht, McGowens

PF - Siakam, Williams, Bertans

C - Williams, Richards

• Pie 3

40 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Micic, Mann, and Williams made a huge difference.

Bertans was solid and Curry will be just fine.

Looking to the future. Most of the team will be in tact for next year with the potential to add a high prized FA along with a top draft pick. If the Hornets wanted to, they could add someone like Siakam and draft someone like Knecht.

PG - Ball, Micic, Mann

SG - Miller, Martin, Curry, Smith Jr.

SF - Bridges, Knecht, McGowens

PF - Siakam, Williams, Bertans

C - Williams, Richards

Can we even afford Bridges and Siakam?

We had like 50+ mil in cap space before the trade. We took on some salary which will cut into that cap.

I think Bridges is probably going to take up most of the money we have available.

14 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Can we even afford Bridges and Siakam?

We had like 50+ mil in cap space before the trade. We took on some salary which will cut into that cap.

I think Bridges is probably going to take up most of the money we have available.

We’d need it to be a sign and trade but it’s possible.

The nice thing is that per player needed we have the second most cap space. The Hornets have 13 players under contract for next year. Assuming we keep Bridges and add a rookie in the first round we are now at 15. We could cut Thor and his non-guaranteed contract to open up a roster spot.

Then work on a sign and trade for Siakam. If I’m not mistaking, we have a trade exception we can use.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Micic is the point guard we've needed off the bench for 20 years. Feels like we could never fill that role properly except for the one Jeremy Lin year

Finally adults who are unselfish and look at the difference it made. Terry, PJ, and Gordon weren't leaders. And we got two (nearly) unprotected picks out of it too)

• Pie 1

I only just caught the highlights on Youtube but wow it looked like an actual professional sports team playing in Charlotte for the first time in 5 or 6 years. I guess we came out with the advantage of not having any tape on this lineup so we'll see how they look after a couple more games but it seems like a much more focused mature group of players that seem to give a poo. Getting some cheap hometown bench guys was a smart move

Getting Mann, Micic, Bertans, and two seconds for Hayward was a steal.

Mann could really develop into a very good point guard and I haven’t seen a backup point guard out on a show like Micic did last night since Tony Parker. Getting Bertans (outside of his contract) was just a bonus as he provides great depth off the bench. The two seconds were just icing on the cake.

Williams, Curry, and a 1st rounder for Washington was also a great trade. Williams will now inherit the shot volume that Washington had and I didn’t see a drop off between them at all. Adding the first round was massive and getting Curry who can light it up off the bench is nice as well.

In: Tre Mann, Vasa Micic, Davis Bertans, Grant Williams, Seth Curry, 2027 first round pick from Miami, 2027 first round pick from Dallas, 2024 second round pick from OKC, and a 2025 second round pick from OKC.

Out: Terry Rozier, Gordon Hayward, P.J. Washington, 2024 second round pick, 2028 second round pick.

Props to the new owners for taking the lead on this.

The Hornets are set up for future success with Ball (if he can stay healthy), Miller, Bridges (if he’s re-signed), and Williams (if he can stay healthy). Additionally, we’ll be adding a top 5 talent this year and are in great shape cap wise for the future. On top of that we have two additional first round picks to use as trade bait or draft a player of our own.

Good Poo

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1