• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inquiring Teams told Burns not avaiable

Daeavorn

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To which I'd answer...we still don't know.

This offseason was bound to have a fair amount of roster turnover due to changing systems on both sides of the ball. And despite the insistence of some that they can predict entire careers after watching just a few snaps of preseason play, you can't judge draft picks this early.

I know people want to b-tch about the team getting their hopes up and whatever, but the reality is any unrealistic expectations for what was always going to be a rebuilding season is nobody's fault but your own.

You did this same song and dance with Gettleman for years after he got fired as it becomes more and more obvious that he actually did deserve to get fired.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, panfanman said:

What a bunch of idiots.  Burns and 2 or 3 others should be on the auction block and gone before this Sunday's game to avoid an injury that will make them useless.

Had a coworker who talked to the wife of a front office guy at the time. She told him Marty Hurney was trying to get two second rounders for Peppers  from Belichick but he wasn't budging.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You did this same song and dance with Gettleman for years after he got fired as it becomes more and more obvious that he actually did deserve to get fired.

Not quite...

Gettleman led the most successful era of Panthers football we ever saw. For whatever you thought of he and Rivera individually, they worked pretty well as a team in Carolina, and may well have continued to.

But of course, Richardson had to have Marty back. Hell, dumbass fired Gettleman after what was likely his best draft as Panthers GM. And then, naturally, Rivera/Hurney the sequel was a disaster...just like it had been the first time.

As Giants GM, Gettleman was way more assertive and controlling as Giants GM (firing Marc Ross right off the bat, for example). Unchecked, his tenure was a mess 

Edited by Mr. Scot

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not quite...

Gettleman led the most successful era of Panthers football we ever saw. For whatever you thought of he and Rivera individually, they worked pretty well as a team in Carolina, and may well have continued to.

But of course, Richardson had to have Marty back. Hell, dumbass fired Gettleman after what was likely his best draft as Panthers GM. And then, naturally, Rivera/Hurney the sequel was a disaster...just like it had been the first time.

As Giants GM, Gettleman was way more assertive and controlling as Giants GM (firing Marc Ross right off the bat, for example). Unchecked, his tenure was a mess 

Fitterer has been so bad he makes Marty Hurney look like Bill Polian. All that hope that the idiocy was solely due to Rhule was gone. Maybe it's Tepper. But Fitts is the man in the seat and it's a disaster. It's been a disaster.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fitterer has been so bad he makes Marty Hurney look like Bill Polian. All that hope that the idiocy was solely due to Rhule was gone. Maybe it's Tepper. But Fitts is the man in the seat and it's a disaster. It's been a disaster.

Six games into their first season together, even with all being losses, is still too small a sample to judge a coach / GM combo, epecially with a rookie quarterback.

(one who's shown improvement each game, by the way)

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Six games into their first season together, even with all being losses, is still too small a sample to judge a coach / GM combo, epecially with a rookie quarterback.

(one who's shown improvement each game, by the way)

This roster he's assembled tells me it wasn't just Matt Rhule who was incompetent.

6 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

To be fair, the huddle has also been wrong more than Scott Fitterer too. 

The Huddle couldn't do any worse than 0-6 (plus 0-3 in preseason when I was assured it didn't matter and there was no cause for concern).

Hell, I bet we could've accomplished that while even hanging onto next years (very high) 1st round pick.

• Pie 4

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wanted him to follow Rhule out the door but most had convinced themselves that Rhule was the root of all issues.

To that I say, well... how 'bout now?

I'll raise my hand. I was wrong about Fitterer. He's grossly incompetent. 

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This roster he's assembled tells me it wasn't just Matt Rhule who was incompetent.

Kinda hard to say.

For one, Injuries at critical spots hurt (no team in the league has depth everywhere, so that's not unique) but as mentioned before my biggest roster on that front is that even if you assemble a really good crew (like the O-Line) it's not the GM's fault if they're asked to do something that doesn't suit their skill set.

Mentioned previously that this is where I see the biggest issue hurting us this year.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kinda hard to say.

For one, Injuries at critical spots hurt (no team in the league has depth everywhere, so that's not unique) but as mentioned before my biggest roster on that front is that even if you assemble a really good crew (like the O-Line) it's not the GM's fault if they're asked to do something that doesn't suit their skill set.

Mentioned previously that this is where I see the biggest issue hurting us this year.

Build a roster to drop a qb in

we won’t be picking in the top 10

we plan to win the division.  

all said from fitt.  There’s more but you get the point.   

• Pie 1