• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce outplayed Stroud today

Dorian Gray

18 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's always funny when folks who have been largely missing for a few months save for a few random posts here and there shows up asking where everyone is at now like they've earned the right to strut. Just no. You don't get cool points for hiding when it's convenient.

I'm happy with how Bryce Young played on the whole. But the way we finished the game is not what we should be doing. We barely squeaked by a team we were supposed to be significantly better than anyways and we had to play for a FG in our own house to do it. We've still got a lot of work to do.

Agreed. Texans and stroud are overachieving, panthers and bryce are underachieving.  Left them have their moment. Today the denial doesn't look as bad for them. Most of us are just reading the comments and laughing anyway. The bar as been set so low they gotta celebrate anything. According to some people bryce has yet to even have a bad game this year. It really hasnt been worth the discussion. Lol

Edited by CPF4LIFE

14 minutes ago, frankw said:

We scored 15 points lol.

For some apparently this was the bar? That's sweet. We want to contend with playoff teams. We would have been taken to the woodshed against better competition. Like against Miami.

There it is.  Didn't take long.  Frankw bitching about the win.

I wonder who he really roots for.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh the preseason stuff.  Yeah you have to let all of that poo go because it was completely wrong.  Our 0-6 start and Stroud looking like the OROY has shown that preseason expectations were completely wrong.  You can only go on what they are actually showing during this season.  Vegas gave Houston points in Carolina.  That's where the reality is, not all of the BS fluff pieces we were fed this offseason.  

Ryans looks like a legit coach and he's assembled a solid staff. Have to give credit for that.

The great news is we did win and we got a glimpse of the star talent we wanted to see from our #1 pick. Now begins the process of assessing the rest of the season and figuring out who needs to be shown the door to maximize Bryce's potential. I hope we can win several more along the way and sabotage the Bears draft position. But even with the win today it looks like we're going to remain a low scoring offense. That isn't on Bryce though. It's on Scott Fitterer.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

LOL. Complaining about maturity.  Here.  You're funny.

I'm sorry that I hurt your sensibilities by making fun of a QB OF ANOTHER TEAM.

S2troud doesn't play for us.  

Let him go.  It'll be ok.   

Hurt my sensibilities? Cmon man. You’re being ultra dramatic today. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, poundaway said:

There it is.  Didn't take long.  Frankw bitching about the win.

I wonder who he really roots for.

I've been here all along through all the losses yet you choose the first win where you ironically have made the most amount of posts in a few months to question the legitimacy of my fanhood lol.

Here ya go bud ya dropped this 🤡

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Ryans looks like a legit coach and he's assembled a solid staff. Have to give credit for that.

The great news is we did win and we got a glimpse of the star talent we wanted to see from our #1 pick. Now begins the process of assessing the rest of the season and figuring out who needs to be shown the door to maximize Bryce's potential. I hope we can win several more along the way and sabotage the Bears draft position. But even with the win today it looks like we're going to remain a low scoring offense. That isn't on Bryce though. It's on Scott Fitterer.

Yeah Ryans looks the part of a legit HC.  We absolutely have to find a running game if we want to have an average offense.  One dimensional with a rookie QB behind a shaky OL and a lack of playmakers isn't a good recipe for a NFL offense.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Varking said:

I haven’t seen any of them leave? Nor have I seen them not be around today after the game? I don’t think those Stroud folks are the ones calling people nut huggers, posting memes with penises, giving them weird nicknames like S2troud ( especially when Stroud has still played better than Bryce this season ) nor are they accusing others of worshipping QBs and stuff. I’ve been a big believer in Stroud and I’m sitting right here engaging in these threads without being immature. 

I didn't watch Stroud play NFL ball until today. I wish him no harm.  

He looked like an Ohio State quarterback to me.  Threw some darts to the primary read when mostly wide open.   Limited otherwise. 

I'll continue to roll with Bryce.  

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Here ya go bud ya dropped this 🤡

Ahh the perfect example of maturity. 

You go from cheering all the losses last year.  Week after to week hoping and arguing for losses last year.

Now your bitching about our first win.

Never change frankw.

Are you going to start implying that people are crazy again?  Its your go to.

• Flames 1

Just now, ClawOn said:

I didn't watch Stroud play NFL ball until today. I wish him no harm.  

He looked like an Ohio State quarterback to me.  Threw some darts to the primary read when mostly wide open.   Limited otherwise. 

I'll continue to roll with Bryce.  

Stroud had his worst game and we took away his best weapon in Nico Collins.  Check out some of Stroud's other games or just pull up his stats to see he isn't your normal OSU QB.  Young and Stroud are great friends and hopefully they will become the future of the NFL with Young having his number.  

Just now, poundaway said:

Ahh the perfect example of maturity. 

You go from cheering all the losses last year.  Week after to week hoping and arguing for losses last year.

Now your bitching about our first win.

Never change frankw.

Are you going to start implying that people are crazy again?  Its your go to.

If the only route you can go is to allege people want the team to be horrible and lose you aren't even here to talk football. But anyone who has read your posts knows this.

I have one football team. I rarely even watch other teams play. If you can't handle honest unfiltered discussion about the team that's a you problem and you should go create your own community.

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Stroud had his worst game and we took away his best weapon in Nico Collins.  Check out some of Stroud's other games or just pull up his stats to see he isn't your normal OSU QB.  Young and Stroud are great friends and hopefully they will become the future of the NFL with Young having his number.  

You just defined regression. 

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Ryans looks the part of a legit HC.  We absolutely have to find a running game if we want to have an average offense.  One dimensional with a rookie QB behind a shaky OL and a lack of playmakers isn't a good recipe for a NFL offense.

My preference for RB was to sign Foreman and draft one. We ended up not doing so because he didn't want to be here and we had such few draft picks. But we definitely need to select a back next year someone who can compliment Chubba who is talented in his own right. Other teams are having success with this route. I do not want Fitterer making the pick though.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Can we have a thread specifically for former Panthers fans to cry about Stroud losing?

Enjoy the Texans, fellas.

Can we have a separate forum for the By vs CJ crews can go at it like Twlight fans do Jacob vs Edward .. And the rest can just talk football and not watch ppl litigate something that doesn’t matter anymore…

Edited by recceice
  • Pie 1