• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coverage Map

WarHeel

Someone smarter than me explain this. I get the CBS late games essentially every week in my location. This week, there is no competition with Carolina for coverage at the time slot yet they’re apparently blacking out coverage to local regions only. I feel that being outside the Carolinas I only get to watch them play when we are playing a team within proximity to our zip code. What gives? 

Note: I know we suck and aren’t considered a “market team” but damn…

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Title of thread includes the words “Coverage Map” only for there to be no actual map posted. This is what keeps me coming back to this site 

You waste more energy replying then you would just looking it up. No one is asking you to stick around, champ. 

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

I feel that being outside the Carolinas I only get to watch them play when we are playing a team within proximity to our zip code.

Why would you wish this crap show on the good citizens of another city? It's bad enough that Atlanta will be forced to watch Bryce run for his life for four quarters. 

spacer.png

Edited by rebelrouser
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Based on what I see, I'm going to guess it's showing everywhere. They just didn't create a second map because it's the only late game CBS has. Fox has a second map because there are two late game choices.

You could interpret it as being blacked out, but I don't think so. Given the markets that it does show up in, that'd be some odd choices.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Based on what I see, I'm going to guess it's showing everywhere. They just didn't create a second map because it's the only late game. Fox has a second map because there are two late game choices.

You could interpret it as being blacked out, but I don't think so. Given the markets that it does show up in, that'd be some odd choices.

Typically they give a separate map for late game coverage which I found odd. Appreciate the response. 

Edited by WarHeel

10 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

So what's the gripe? In many markets, if not all, you don't always get an early and a late game on both channels. It's been that way forever. Even if there's no competition, etc. Your market may not show a game on one of the channels. 1 or 4. You'll get an infomercial or some other nonsense.

My “gripe” was that I don’t ever luck out and get out of market games featuring my team.