• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The worst draft pick in NFL history….

Panthers Fan 69

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Not the worst draft pick, but I think the worst trade in NFL history all things considered (Bryce is bad, but he's not Leaf/Russell bad).

It's also totally different than the 49ers Lance trade because they had a fully built out team, they took a shot on what a lot of people felt could be an elite QB, it at least made sense to go for that move.

This one never made sense to me, I never saw it with Bryce, his physical limitations were a huge red flag from day 1, I just tried to trust the "football people" that he had this super brain that would allow him to overcome those issues, spoiler alert, it won't.

We traded away a stupid haul only to take the most physically limited QB ever taken in the first round of the draft, let alone #1 overall.

I think this is a perfect take. 

Would give you pie but I ran out of it earlier. Will try to come back tomorrow and get you some. 

Just now, PleaseCutStewart said:

Outside of the corner throw to (I think hurst) for 30 yards, did we have any other pass attempt that went beyond 5 yards in the game? And I'm being 100% serious

I’ve never watched a qb with a lesser YPA. 

I’m sure they are out there, but I’ve never actually watched them. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Not the worst draft pick, but I think the worst trade in NFL history all things considered (Bryce is bad, but he's not Leaf/Russell bad).

It's also totally different than the 49ers Lance trade because they had a fully built out team, they took a shot on what a lot of people felt could be an elite QB, it at least made sense to go for that move.

This one never made sense to me, I never saw it with Bryce, his physical limitations were a huge red flag from day 1, I just tried to trust the "football people" that he had this super brain that would allow him to overcome those issues, spoiler alert, it won't.

We traded away a stupid haul only to take the most physically limited QB ever taken in the first round of the draft, let alone #1 overall.

Our moron front office hoped he had Tom Brady IQ/awareness. Unfortunately Bryce has jamarcus Russell IQ/awareness without the athleticism of jamarcus. Just a god awful draft pick 

• Flames 2

9 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

Missing on CJ hurts the most…but AR and Levis also look better than Bryce. We traded up to #1 to take the worst of the 4…

Ron Simmons Reaction GIF

The truth that nobody wants to address.

We took the worst QB of the 4.

It shows you we hired the wrong people and Tepper has no idea how to run a franchise. The dead giveaway was when they traded up to #1 Frank said Bryce Young was the guy all along. All that draft combine stuff was just due dillegence.

We are a joke!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Because we won some meaningless games against bad teams down the stretch last year with a very conservative game plan that wouldn't translate to a full season of success.

These guys looked at that and convinced themselves that if we just add a legit franchise QB and an offensive savant we'd be right there. Then they drafted Bryce Young and hired Frank Reich. 😂

It's also mostly the same crew who saw us barely win a few and trade for Gilmore at 3-2.  I remember them even talking playoffs after that trade in the presser lol.  Fitt is done.  It's all a matter of blowing the entire thing up from scouting department to long term ST guys at this point.  

I wanted CJ. My guy just threw for the rookie record single game I believe today? I think ownership had BY from the start and even Tepper admitted it when he told Bryce "We'll see you in Carolina next year" at the Superbowl the year prior.

My biggest concern is showing up with our line. At bama BY would be 7 yards back from the line of scrimmage. It worked there because believe it or not they have good players there. It does not work in the NFL. Literally gives the D a straight shot at him every time. 

It's my hope that they will find a way to have some sort of success but by that time BY will be probably be shaken so bad that it'll be a lost cause. 

27 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I will stand by my take that I had after week 1, the kid doesnt have a nfl arm.  Its brutally obvious after today.  Goddamn he floats his passes

I made that observation early on and got shat all over. I would have passed on him when he played the games with his weight at the combine and wouldn't throw. He wouldn't throw because he didn't want his noodle arm to have a radar gun on it.

2 minutes ago, ACobra289 said:

I made that observation early on and got shat all over. I would have passed on him when he played the games with his weight at the combine and wouldn't throw. He wouldn't throw because he didn't want his noodle arm to have a radar gun on it.

Yeah that 5yd TD throw to the outside took till Christmas to get there. It looked bad out there today.

1 minute ago, ACobra289 said:

His arm today was not the problem. The 2 abhorrent picks were on screens to our jabronie RBs. Not saying today wasn’t fuging demoralizing but nothing about his arm is the problem 

The incompetence in the Panthers organization from the top down is the reason we are long-term motherfuged.  There’s no two ways about it. I wanted Stroud and now, for who knows how many years, I get to see what he does in Houston while we suck into eternity. 

• Beer 1

Bryce Young has zero passion for this game.  He shows absolutely no emotion, even after he threw his second pick 6.  He literally used the term " It is what it is" during his post game press conference.  WOW!  Of course he threw in the obligatory, " I need to do better" and "We can do better" BS, but at the end of the day,  I don't think he is that competitive or really cares.  Add that in with his lack of Athleticism and arm strength and this will go down as one of the worst draft picks in NFL history.