• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The trade to 1 was made specifically for Bryce. 

End of discussion 

the trade to 1 was technically made for no one in particular if you believe the extensive reporting around that time.  Tepper just wanted to be able to get anyone he/they ended up deciding on was best. 

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How they can spend that capital on a qb and not see that his arm is subpar is mind blowing 

I just don't understand what these scouts and everyone saw on film. Like I know that QB is also about being a leader, being a motivator, being the face of the franchise, all this stuff. But at the end of the day the freakin' game is played on the field, why is it clear to me as an average joe on the couch that I can simply think, "I like this CJ Stroud kid, he's got poise, he's got size, he's got a good arm, he can scramble if he wants, he makes good decisions, he checks almost all the boxes for a prototypical NFL Quarterback, which is exactly what you want at the #1 spot ESPECIALLY IF YOU TRADED A FUTURE 1ST AND A WR FOR IT!!".

I simply do not understand how that gets botched so bad. Here was my average joe thoughts on Bryce Young, "I like this Bryce Young kid, he's a gamer, he's tough, he plays at Bama, he won the freakin' heisman, he makes plays out of nothing. BUT, due to what we gave up for this pick, at his size I simply can't take this guy at #1 over what CJ presents. It's too much of a risk and I think the size plus arm talent notches CJ just above him anyways."

Like what? I know these dudes that get paid to watch the film saw it all on there so what gives? My thinking? Fitterer and Tepper just fell in love with Bryce's intangibles all over off the field that the film got minimized a bit too much. Bryce is smart as hell and can talk in the room better than CJ probably can, no doubt in my mind, but good god man, game is played between the white lines guys. 

I'm just so annoyed with everyone involved here, we as fans are so screwed for the next 3-4 years like I said. I haven't even mentioned the fact that we can't even draft anywhere else very well either. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Michigan is a championship contender at the college level. San Francisco was a championship contender at the pro level.

That's all I care about. What Harbaugh does off the field is not my concern. I just want to win. He does that.

I get it. I'm a Michigan homer since I was little. He wins. But it would be foolish to ignore there were problems in the locker room at the NFL level. I'm not saying he couldn't be a great coach here. He very well could be. Things like problems with players always concern me though. Gotta admit though I do like Michigan being relevant again vs Ohio State. 

1 hour ago, Martin said:

One huge strike against Frank is that he came in and said what every coach does, “we will tailor our system to our players”, and followed that with a system that doesn’t fit our o-line. That is his fault and nobody else’s. Being blindly married to a system is the sign of a limited coach unfortunately.

That is a pet peeve I have with Frank. Also have some questions about the depth chart / personnel decisions given the last two games.

Still think it's too soon to wrote him off, though,

Just now, DeAngelo Beason said:

I feel more negatively about this team than I did during the Rae Carruth trial.  This is absolute rock bottom.

This is absolute rock bottom so far. I've thought we had found rock bottom a couple of times but then Tepper breaks out the heavy equipment and breaks through to another level.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I wish I wasn’t there with you but yesterday was awful. The second pick 6 and Young’s jump throw made me really feel like the height will always be an issue. Also, the first pick 6 was the same. The angle of the throw made it go right over Sanders to a defender a few yard behind him. I felt like week 1 that he couldn’t see Bates on at least one of the interceptions. We know he doesn’t have a cannon and has no weapons outside Theilin but I do feel like we’re going to try and build around him and he’ll never be that guy and we’ll have a decade of under .500 seasons before our next try. 

I turned the game off before the first pick six even happened, because I was just so annoyed with watching the Panthers and the whiplash of watching them after the awesome CJ Stroud game was a little too much for me to handle. Just took my dog on a long walk on a beautiful day outside, which was great.

You know what's funny? I still am not even that concerned about his height, he's prove he can and will pepper the middle of the field when he's feeling it and can show a decent feel for the game. It's actually all about his arm and footwork right now for me combined with his decision making. He makes up with his weaker arm with his toes-y footwork and does the jump throw thing you mentioned but he's done that his whole career. So, is that simply never going to translate? Or can he work to improve on that? I have no reason to believe Bryce won't work hard to improve. But his decision making to me has been the most disappointing, I expected the most "pro-ready" rookie QB to be extremely decisive and confident, even in failure, which is actually what I saw in the first ATL game. He got burned twice by Jessie Bates, but I loved that he was pushing it hard and testing his limits. I swear on my life I haven't seen that same kid since, and his confidence is shot now. 

1 hour ago, Brent Gregory said:

This franchise is basically at the expansion franchise level with the only difference being the expansion team has draft picks and this one doesn't.  So in reality this franchise will be behind the progression of a brand new franchise. Carolina for the foreseeable future is going to have its worst stretch ever and worst in the nfl. This time next year  Young will already be benched and they'll  be looking to move on from him. It's the worst franchise in the NFL now. 

Wouldn't go that far There are definitely some positives on the team and some things to build around.

It is, however, valid to say they are in the first year of a rebuild.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

In McCown’s pre-draft videos (before he was hired by the Panthers), he raved about Stroud.

Which brings me back to my point of how long until you see McCown and/or Reich look defeated. Toward the end of Ron’s tenure here you could just see he looked defeated, though it was his own doing.

In this scenario, if Reich and McCown truly wanted Stroud how much more can they give to help Young get better if they never believed in him in the first place.

I’m not saying they will give up but you can see demeanors change in people especially when they are in charge of something that they don’t believe in.

As I mentioned before, Reich already looks worn out.

Unfortunately, I can see this scenario ending where everyone gets canned and we have to start over again… but due to trading away our draft picks that might be two years down the road.

That's a nightmare scenario to me, especially if it involves Tepper making the decisions,

1 minute ago, Panthering said:

So, is that simply never going to translate? Or can he work to improve on that? I have no reason to believe Bryce won't work hard to improve. But his decision making to me has been the most disappointing, I expected the most "pro-ready" rookie QB to be extremely decisive and confident, even in failure, which is actually what I saw in the first ATL game. He got burned twice by Jessie Bates, but I loved that he was pushing it hard and testing his limits. I swear on my life I haven't seen that same kid since, and his confidence is shot now. 

I thought he looked great against Houston. Commanded the offense, made some damn good throws spinning out of trouble or hitting guys in stride, and made the plays to win. Yesterday was the first "what the hell was that, Bryce?" game. Wonder if he'll bounce back. 

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

I think it is time for Fitterer to get let go.  I feel bad to an extent because of a meddling owner.  That said, I think Morgan has the cajones to stand up to Tepper.  It's either gonna go one of two ways if Morgan is Fitterer's successor, either Dan will hold the GM title a very short time due to insubordination or Tepper will actually respect someone that pushes back on his BS.

O can't get there without knowing for certain where Tepper stood in this. If he's meddling, he's got no business firing anybody,

But even if he didn't, I have so little trust in him that I wouldn't want him making so much as one more decision.

1 hour ago, PappyMay said:

I’m ready to move on from Fitterer. But I still think we can win 2 more games this year. I’m really hoping the cardinals end up picking #1, not us. 

They're desperately trying to. 

Trading Dobbs for peanuts and refusing to play Murray should genuinely get them a fine - it's blatant tanking. 

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

then we should of just kept Ron Rivera at that point.  The move to Wilks isn't a move. 

and no on Sam Darnold. 

Yeah you like losing.

All aboard the Frank train! Guy is worse than Rhule if we being honest. Just because he's quiet doesn't mean I can't call him what he is a bad coach.