• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andersen maybe be out long term?

philit99

17 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I will say this about Halak, he hasn’t had a save percentage below .900 since 2012, that’s actually incredible.

He also hasn’t played behind TDA either… so we’ll see if it holds up.

He’s already on the ice. If we don’t recall Koch again I can only assume he will be backup Tuesday against Buffalo. 

• Beer 2

16 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Honestly I’m fine giving Halak a chance. Maybe fresh blood in the goalie room is what we need. Couple that with solidarity with what ever Freddie has going on. Maybe I’m just being an optimist. 

Yeah I feel we need a veteran. I’d love it if we could get Juuse Saros, but we don’t have the cap, even for a trade. I’m hoping we are not snake bitten this season, still tons of hockey to play.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Yeah I feel we need a veteran. I’d love it if we could get Juuse Saros, but we don’t have the cap, even for a trade. I’m hoping we are not snake bitten this season, still tons of hockey to play.

Freddie or another player going on LTIR would open up a lot of cap space. 

I really hope that Waddell takes advantage of this situation and gets our G right. He screwed up by not doing more in the offseason. We desperately need a difference maker. 

• Pie 2

45 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Freddie or another player going on LTIR would open up a lot of cap space. 

I really hope that Waddell takes advantage of this situation and gets our G right. He screwed up by not doing more in the offseason. We desperately need a difference maker. 

Yes LTIR for Andersen would be 3.4M prorated, Saros is 5M prorated, still in the hole, not to mention what we would have to give up. 

• Pie 1

On 11/6/2023 at 2:00 PM, philit99 said:

Yes LTIR for Andersen would be 3.4M prorated, Saros is 5M prorated, still in the hole, not to mention what we would have to give up. 

Catching up late and just started the game, but we do also have the Pesce contract situation. When healthy if he was part of the deal and a LTIRed Freddie, could that open up enough space for someone like Saros?

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, TheCandyMan said:

Catching up late and just started the game, but we do also have the Pesce contract situation. When healthy if he was part of the deal and a LTIRed Freddie, could that open up enough space for someone like Saros?

Yes it could, we would still have to give up a prospect, and I would send anyone except Nikishin

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 2