• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Canty buries Tepper on the radio this morning

Dorian Gray

8 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Still would have thought by this point Young would have shown SOMETHING to me fans feel good about this undersized QB. 
As of right now he has shown nada, nothing. 

He looks slightly better than corral did and that’s sad 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Still would have thought by this point Young would have shown SOMETHING to me fans feel good about this undersized QB. 
As of right now he has shown nada, nothing. 

I will admit that he's come up small---shown little (har har har). Seriously he has shown some ability to improvise outside of the play script. He is largely accurate when he has good time, including in some tight windows. Other than that, I don't know. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

A team president with actual NFL experience might have looked at Frank's coaching history and offensive play calling during his tenure and seen that we don't really have the team build to do that kind of stuff and he might not be the right fit. 

Dipper had plenty of time to get this right... hes not immersed enough to be making these decisions cause hes dickin with CLT FC...Rock Hill...and other BS....

Well, that's something. I thought Freddie Coleman was somewhat being an apologist yesterday when someone said that Tepper had betrayed Young by hiring and keeping a bad staff. I will say that the staff is still relatively new, but I expected more. I thought that experience alone would have begun to cover up some of our ills, but who knows what's really going on? They could be thoughtful and analytical, or they could be in disarray. I think that the presser where Reich began to talk about Tepper and his ownership style indicated some fractures.

Edited by top dawg

9 hours ago, joemac said:

We have literally been the worst team in the NFL, record wise, since Tepper took over.  I want to go to an alternate universe where Puff Daddy or that other guy ended up buying the team instead.

Other guy. Don't need "Puff" Daddy as the owner of the team I root for. Give me public ownership like the Packers or something. 

If you can tell me Canty, one time, cross your heart and hope to die, that you, having played in the NFL, scouted a 5’ almost 10” maybe 185lb kid with an average arm and average footspeed, and evaluated him to be taken where he was taken? For real? 

This whole deal smells like CIA school. Run a trial propaganda op, see how far they can get with it. If they can sell this kid as the number one, worth a HAUL, then they can sell their candidate in some third world county. 

I believe that one of the main issues with Tepper running this organization have to do with his use of analytics and using them to possibly select players in the draft since this roster is so void of talent. My belief comes from an article in 2019 published in the Riot Report. Here is a quote from that article:

"For plenty in the football world, the Panthers’ approach will be an exciting one with the potential to move the game forward as the 2010s turn to the 2020s. Not everyone, however, will share that sort of enthusiasm. And many of the concerns about an analytics-driven league are very sound ones. In 2016, the Cleveland Browns implemented a radical analytics-based approach under executive Sashi Brown, which resulted in a 32 game stretch that saw the Browns win just one game and go 0-16 in 2017, while yielding a talent-rich – if underachieving – roster in 2019. While that may be an extreme example, there’s plenty to be said about the limits of analytics.

Statistics, after all, can’t make a tackle in the open field.

Regardless of which side of the fence one lies on, the Carolina Panthers are about to become one of the most important teams in football. Should David Tepper’s vision work, and a data-centric approach yield an age of greatness, the Panthers will become the envy of an entire industry and a model franchise to be emulated. If it doesn’t, the Panthers will become just one more cautionary tale of the limits of analytics – and their fans will rue the day their team ever parted ways with Ron Rivera."

• Beer 1