• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School Bryce Young vs Colts

*FreeFua*

1 minute ago, Cullenator said:

I get that he knows more about playing the position than I do but that aint sayin much.

Im more curious as to how that makes him worthy of the oracle status he seems to be granted around here.

The same reason anybody makes it on YouTube.  It's entertaining and easy to digest.

If somebody is one of those ThE fIlM dOeSn't LiE people then I don't see what's not to like.

• Pie 1

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

4:52 is a 10 yard out to Sullivan. Not sure what your fascination with these out routes are but out routes need to be thrown with anticipation. Bryce can throw an out 

Cos it demonstrates NFL arm strength.

The play afterwards where he throws it into the stands 'cos he doesn't want to challenge the DB and the play starting at 5:12 where the DB breaks on the ball show his arm strength / what he actually thinks of it. 

The playbook is very, very limited with Young back there - he simply can't make a number of staple NFL throws. 

• Poo 2

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The play afterwards where he throws it into the stands 'cos he doesn't want to challenge the DB and the play starting at 5:12 where the DB breaks on the ball show his arm strength / what he actually thinks of it. 

The playbook is very, very limited with Young back there - he simply can't make a number of staple NFL throws. 

I agree it’s a combination of arm and anticipation but the play after was never there. That ball would’ve been undercut and wasn’t worth trying. The play at 5:12 the DB reads Chark’s sh!tty route. Guys aren’t scared of getting beat deep by any of our outside WR’s so they can sit on the comebacks a little more knowing they can recover 

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Huh? The play after was to Chuba in the flat. Young was late and didn’t have his feet set so he overthrew him. The commentators literally say this in the clip. 

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I agree it’s a combination of arm and anticipation but the play after was never there. That ball would’ve been undercut and wasn’t worth trying. The play at 5:12 the DB reads Chark’s sh!tty route. Guys aren’t scared of getting beat deep by any of our outside WR’s so they can sit on the comebacks a little more knowing they can recover 

Yeah the CBs are literally sitting on our routes because our offense is predictable. The same thing happened last year when Baker struggled here. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

How good was Andy Reid in the NFL? Sean McVay? 
It’s been a pretty common pattern of lesser talented players becoming better coaches/analysts because they spent most of their career learning from the sidelines. It’s such a bad argument to state a coach or analysts doesn’t know what he is taking about because he wasn’t great in the NFL. That’s simply a person upset because this guy has a different opinion so they must discredit him right away.

Roster spots are valuable and players are being evaluated constantly.  If you practice like poo, aren't paying attention during film study, you're an idiot who can't grasp the scheme, etc. your ass is gone and they'll bring in somebody that can do that stuff.  Your phone won't be ringing either because the NFL is an elite enclave, everybody knows everybody, and word gets around quickly.  You're especially screwed if you played for some DII school that didn't play anybody and nobody has heard of.

It reminds me of when Europeans poo talk American football by calling the players fat or whatever.  If that was true then any dipshit over a certain height and weight could come get paid a hundred million dollars to play in the NFL.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah the CBs are literally sitting on our routes because our offense is predictable. The same thing happened last year when Baker struggled here. 

Like JT said, we ran hank twice in the first quarter. We don’t run a lot of stuff and you’re right, there’s enough tape out now that we’ve become very predictable. We already lack on talent, add in the fact we’re predictable and yeah, not hard to figure out why we suck

50 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Mingo runs a 4.46. Chark runs a 4.36. Marshall runs a 4.38 (admittedly at his Pro Day, so let's say he runs a 4.4).

Ironically our slowest WR is the one that's open the most. 

There is a difference in 40 times and football speed.   A lot of the fastest wrs as far as football speed ran mid to high 4.4s and they are way faster on the field in pass than Chark.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

It's almost as if the coaching staff doesn't want the receivers to run deep routes. Chark and TMJ can attempt to do so. 

And this guy's attacks on Thielen...damn. he seems to be criticizing him for being slow...which happens with age. And for being "#1" receiver. But that's not Thielen's fault for being considered #1. And he's ridiculing Thielen's block attempt. But who designed that? I'll bet it wasn't AT's idea.

Look, Thielen's not the greatest, but he's clearly the most reliable right now.

I’m not shitting on the kid, but it’s because his deep ball is terrible unless the receiver is wide, wide open. He has really bad arm strength and the balls sails on him. That pass to Hurst was 20 yards and floated its way there.

Every time he has went deep, the ball hangs up in the air and sails off route because there is no zip. Don’t believe me, go watch the games again.

4 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I’m not shitting on the kid, but it’s because his deep ball is terrible unless the receiver is wide, wide open. He has really bad arm strength and the balls sails on him. That pass to Hurst was 20 yards and floated its way there.

Every time he has went deep, the ball hangs up in the air and sails off route because there is no zip. Don’t believe me, go watch the games again.

I've watched every game and all I've seen is Young having no time to throw or when he does, the WR's are slow as poo and not open. He has thrown like 2 deep balls that were overthrown. But if his arm was so bad, why were they overthrown?

Surprised Meme GIF

Edited by Cam Lawter
  • Pie 1

44 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

I can’t figure out the andy dalton game. He threw for over 300 yards and guys were sort of open. Did we call different plays or what? 

Yes, we did. Andy asked for more deep shots among other things. 

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/25/panthers-seahawks-week-3-2023-frank-reich-andy-dalton-bryce-young-deep-balls/