• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please be patient

Gipetto

Open photo

This is 90% of all our downfield passing playbook and you expect Bryce to be successful with this? We don't have the speed to go deep so instead of trying to find creative ways to get guys open downfield we just completely removed it from the playbook. It's a lot easier to play defense when you know you only gotta defend 15 yards down the field.

52 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I’m holding out for a Jag situation. Terrible coach with a bad roster year 1, found the right head coach year 2 + went a overspent in FA to help out their QB 

The problem is we have a lot of holes to fill on this roster. A WR is only a small percentage of our problems. 

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

I mean, what are we necessarily waiting for? A 200+ passing game? 2 wins? A single touchdown pass? 

The bar is dropping below the worst NFL expectations possible and it’s for a #1 overall pick and vet coach. It’s not too early to judge. This is the worst football we’ve ever seen.

I’ve watched a lot of bad Panthers football over the last almost 30 years. This team is as bad as any I’ve ever seen. There are no great players on this team. Not one. Most are simply practice-squad-level talent. A couple are above-average with a few average players sprinkled in. The future was supposed to look bright after this monumental trade, but it’s as bleak as it gets now. 

• Beer 1

It's been a while...

11/8/18: The Day That Changed Everything

Our record that day: 6-2

Our core: Cam Newton, Luke Kuechly, Christian McCaffrey, James Bradberry, KK Short, DJ Moore, Ryan Kalil, Taylor Moton, Greg Olsen, Thomas Davis

Since then: 24-59

We all know what happened.  And we all know what we didn't do in response.  

• Flames 1

22 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Open photo

This is 90% of all our downfield passing playbook and you expect Bryce to be successful with this? We don't have the speed to go deep so instead of trying to find creative ways to get guys open downfield we just completely removed it from the playbook. It's a lot easier to play defense when you know you only gotta defend 15 yards down the field.

There’s a lot of blame to be spread around, and the playbook is trash, but Bryce deserves his share as well. 

• Beer 1

I think you have to give him at least 2 years.  I know in this age of instant gratification that's not acceptable.  It's not acceptable because the team picked a different QB than you "knew" was going to be a stud.  There's a LOT that goes into QB success.

I'm not going to say Bryce is blameless.  There were many time where he held onto the ball to long, wasn't as accurate as he is supposed to be (and we have frankly seen).  Bryce also missed a lot of open guys last night, which is strange because that what he's been doing.  I'm curious to see more of why that's happening.  Is it the tower of failure, where each failure begats more failure on his part and he's spiraling?

I'm not adverse to a QB change if Bryce just needs to sit down and catch his breath for a bit and get out of his own way.

We need to put together a better offensive game plan that doesn't require him to try to carry the team.  Sure, you'd love for a #1 to be the franchise savior - like Cam was.  The reality is that doesn't happen all the time.  Bryce is going to need a running game to slow the defense down, PA to open things up, and a power OL to grind the defense down by pounding the rock.

If people want to get upset and rant and rave, that's their prerogative.  I think that changes are going to have to be made on the offensive side of the ball for Bryce to start to find success.  I'm not feeling optimistic that will happen at all this season.