• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich should be fired now

Frank9999

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Regarding Wilks, recent events have made me ponder something.

Suppose for a moment we had kept Wilks, and we proceeded (just as we did with Reich) to go after a quarterback...

Do we believe Wilks would have wanted Bryce Young?

If not, then does he just wind up in the same situation he had in Arizona? 🤔

Wilks would not cause he reminds me of Flores who had that QB with weak arms can not succeed in the NFL and then tried to sabotaged this career by starting Tua, who was still not 100% recovered from his injury, out of nowhere against the Rams, who had the best pass rushing defense at the time over Fitz who was NOT hurt and playing well. Even the players couldn't grasp that move. Tua was the ownership pick while Herbert was the HC pick and argued with the owner on this.

https://dolphinnation.com/2021/09/26/report-brian-flores-wanted-miami-dolphins-to-draft-justin-herbert-over-tua-tagovailoa/

https://247sports.com/article/tua-tagovailoa-was-an-ownership-pick-by-miami-dolphins-147803340/

Now Tua is one of the top QB once they got playmakers around him. Wilks would probably use his heavy handed approach to convinced the owner to draft CJ over Bryce cause he doesn't believe in short QB or whatever which why most here wanted to retain Wilks cause of his brass emotionally charged temperament.

Guess what...once we get Bryce playmakers that every QB needs to succeed, our offense would be so much better. Its why i wanted us to get Jamo cause of the Bama connection chemistry they had.

Reich would not try to undermine Tepper choice at QB and even supportive of the decision which is why he was hired. I am glad too!

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Regarding Wilks, recent events have made me ponder something.

Suppose for a moment we had kept Wilks, and we proceeded (just as we did with Reich) to go after a quarterback...

Do we believe Wilks would have wanted Bryce Young?

If not, then does he just wind up in the same situation he had in Arizona? 🤔

If Young was decided by Fitt or Tepper it doesn't matter who the HC is or was.  I do think Wilks would have kept a similar run first offense so our OL would look better.  Wilks has said he preferred Allen in that class so he would probably want AR this past year.  Whether that matters or not is a different story.  

16 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

I just left the game, it was COLD, kicking a ball in that weather is like kicking concrete. There was NO WAY that FG was gonna work

You do know Reich has admitted in hindsight it was bad decision to kick a fg that far out. He is not stubborn like most coaches like PC or Belichick who would back their original decision when most everyone knows it was wrong. That's why i like Reich cause he is also modest and humbled. Can't have a better leader with those intangibles for me as a fan imo.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/frank-reich-wishes-he-gave-bryce-young-that-moment-at-end-of-thursdays-game

So what next?  Are we going to fire the next coach after halfway through the season if we're still terrible?  You can't start firing people during or after their first season, that hurts the team even more.  You'll get no stability within the staff if you're constantly hiring then firing people like that.  Plus it's just wasting money.  I disagree completely. 

• Beer 1

49 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If Young was decided by Fitt or Tepper it doesn't matter who the HC is or was.  I do think Wilks would have kept a similar run first offense so our OL would look better.  Wilks has said he preferred Allen in that class so he would probably want AR this past year.  Whether that matters or not is a different story.  

I could see that. And if so, then yeah it likely would have been Arizona Part Two 

43 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

You do know Reich has admitted in hindsight it was bad decision to kick a fg that far out. He is not stubborn like most coaches like PC or Belichick who would back their original decision when most everyone knows it was wrong. That's why i like Reich cause he is also modest and humbled. Can't have a better leader with those intangibles for me as a fan imo.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/frank-reich-wishes-he-gave-bryce-young-that-moment-at-end-of-thursdays-game

Why the hell did it require hindsight? I get the logic behind it but it was an incredibly stupid, desperate, short-sighted decision from the start that was the culmination of a bunch of ineptitude. It was the on-field admission that they know the offense is pathetic and are powerless to do anything about it, totally lost.

I don't give a crap if he 'admitted it' later. There are some decisions that are just so egregiously bad that there is no explanation other than utter stupidity, the kind that you don't ever want to see from a supposedly-professional coach.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I could see that. And if so, then yeah it likely would have been Arizona Part Two 

Maybe, but we would probably look better because most of the schemes would be kept from last year.  Our OL would be a lot better and so would our running game.  It would make life easier for Young.  However it would be the same conservative play not to lose Rivera style.  

8 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

I think any of the fans that have been following this team for the last couple years knew that Eddie was not going to make that kick.  No idea why the head friggin coach didn't know it.

I have just three words on the decision to try making a 59 yard field that was obviously out of this range.      

# 1 Stupid # 2 Stupid # 3 Stupid.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Maybe, but we would probably look better because most of the schemes would be kept from last year.  Our OL would be a lot better and so would our running game.  It would make life easier for Young.  However it would be the same conservative play not to lose Rivera style.  

That depends pretty heavily on who he put in charge of the offense. Given their success last year, that very well could have been McAdoo. Also likely would have expected Al Holcomb to keep the DC spot.

For whatever you think of our current staff, I'm not especially convinced that one puts us in a much better spot.

1 hour ago, GhostWhispah said:

Wilks would not cause he reminds me of Flores who had that QB with weak arms can not succeed in the NFL and then tried to sabotaged this career by starting Tua, who was still not 100% recovered from his injury, out of nowhere against the Rams, who had the best pass rushing defense at the time over Fitz who was NOT hurt and playing well. Even the players couldn't grasp that move. Tua was the ownership pick while Herbert was the HC pick and argued with the owner on this.

https://dolphinnation.com/2021/09/26/report-brian-flores-wanted-miami-dolphins-to-draft-justin-herbert-over-tua-tagovailoa/

https://247sports.com/article/tua-tagovailoa-was-an-ownership-pick-by-miami-dolphins-147803340/

Now Tua is one of the top QB once they got playmakers around him. Wilks would probably use his heavy handed approach to convinced the owner to draft CJ over Bryce cause he doesn't believe in short QB or whatever which why most here wanted to retain Wilks cause of his brass emotionally charged temperament.

Guess what...once we get Bryce playmakers that every QB needs to succeed, our offense would be so much better. Its why i wanted us to get Jamo cause of the Bama connection chemistry they had.

Reich would not try to undermine Tepper choice at QB and even supportive of the decision which is why he was hired. I am glad too!

Yeah, Tua hasn't scored more than 18 points and is 0-3 against team with winning records this year (Like the Chargers just broke even at 4-4). He is still looking like their weak spot that can put up great numbers against anything mediocre or less. 2 of those 3 loses where under 300 total yards on offense. 

You are not wrong about the mess that went down. That entire thing was wacky with Flores. 

21 hours ago, KSpan said:

Why the hell did it require hindsight? I get the logic behind it but it was an incredibly stupid, desperate, short-sighted decision from the start that was the culmination of a bunch of ineptitude. It was the on-field admission that they know the offense is pathetic and are powerless to do anything about it, totally lost.

I don't give a crap if he 'admitted it' later. There are some decisions that are just so egregiously bad that there is no explanation other than utter stupidity, the kind that you don't ever want to see from a supposedly-professional coach.

Many NFL coaches make mistakes on game day unless can name me one active coach who hasn't. You are just targeting Reich cause you hate him but he cheat the game. You probably want Harbaugh to cheat us into the playoffs since we can't get there without doing that.