• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

CJ may be better than Bryce Young in the long run, but that doesn't mean Bryce Young is a bad QB. Bryce's situation is not the same as CJ's. ANY ONE CAN SEE THAT IF YOU'RE BEING OBJECTIVE. I don't care what those guys did in the past. Right now, CJ's weapons and Oline are playing at an NFL level. Bryce Young's supporting cast are not competing at an average NFL level. He has a David Carr situation right now and hopefully they don't break him. I saw a little regression Thursday so there's cause for concern. But CJ would NOT be doing what he's doing in Houston, if he was in Carolina. No friggin way. His top 4 receiving threats (including his TE) are better than any receivers on this team. Houston's oline is performing at a much higher level than Carolina's. It's not even close. 

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

CJ may be better than Bryce Young in the long run, but that doesn't mean Bryce Young is a bad QB. Bryce's situation is not the same as CJ's. ANY ONE CAN SEE THAT IF YOU'RE BEING OBJECTIVE. I don't care what those guys did in the past. Right now, CJ's weapons and Oline are playing at an NFL level. Bryce Young's supporting cast are not competing at an average NFL level. He has a David Carr situation right now and hopefully they don't break him. I saw a little regression Thursday so there's cause for concern. But CJ would NOT be doing what he's doing in Houston, if he was in Carolina. No friggin way. His top 4 receiving threats (including his TE) are better than any receivers on this team. Houston's oline is performing at a much higher level than Carolina's. It's not even close. 

We dont have objective people on this forum. 

Stroud been sacked 8 times in the last 7 games. Coaching matters. Go ball CJ.

I'll choose to not turn on our QB after 8 starts.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, PantherKyle said:

We dont have objective people on this forum. 

Stroud been sacked 8 times in the last 7 games. Coaching matters. Go ball CJ.

I'll choose to not turn on our QB after 8 starts.

Sam Howell has been sacked about twice as much as Young and he's still one of the better passers in the league.

We can acknowledge there are extenuating circumstances while also realizing our #1 pick simply has not lived up to expectations either. That's got to change regardless of the oline the receivers or a new staff.

• Pie 2

No one would be frustrated about Bryce if we were seeing signs of elite traits. There's just a handful of plays we're left clinging to. Meanwhile there's a ton of plays that leave you thinking this guy just doesn't have the required prerequisite physical talent.

Willfully ignoring reality doesn't make you an objective fan. Quite the opposite. 

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one would be frustrated about Bryce if we were seeing signs of elite traits. There's just a handful of plays we're left clinging to. Meanwhile there's a ton of plays that leave you thinking this guy just doesn't have the required prerequisite physical talent.

Willfully ignoring reality doesn't make you an objective fan. Quite the opposite. 

Thank you, my moderator. I will reflect on this and get back to you.

Work on changing my name too!

38 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

Weak ass stuff from this fanbase this season, man. I firmly believe the people who wanted Stroud are happy with how this is going. I can't judge a rookie put in this situation. It's truly atrocious. 

Some people on here should just check out some Texans forums. 

Yeah it’s the situation not the rookie. hen has he ever looked the part since pads went on? 

Reports of problems came quickly once things got a little more hands on, congested, faster, more real. 

Then when it shirts and 7 on 7 we got good reports. That ain’t the scheme yo. That is an overwhelmed player. 

Just the opposite of what he was claimed to be. And loudly claimed. The rest of us can’t see it. We hate him (I am starting to, because he sucks okay?, but it not a thing ‘he’ did. He can’t help what I object to, it is what he was given to work with. He is not the first to not have enough you know…. He doesn’t have what it takes to live up to the overall top pick. I won’t put the idiotic wager of future picks thrown in, on Young.  That is these idiots listening to the fans. 

Next year’s pick will be too low to get a franchise guy. Everybody knew that. Lol I have to laugh at what they have done, because it was reasonable to think that we were on the rise  and well positioned before they got their hands on this. 

Anyway we do not want him to fail but our feelings do not matter, in the matter. 

And the pleasure you sense is generated by the tears of his loudest one note trumpeters. Not the failing and the losing which makes me ill if I think too much about it. 

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Sam Howell has been sacked about twice as much as Young and he's still one of the better passers in the league.

We can acknowledge there are extenuating circumstances while also realizing our #1 pick simply has not lived up to expectations either. That's got to change regardless of the oline the receivers or a new staff.

That's the problem. All the scenarios where Bryce succeeds revolve around ideal scenarios. We need a top 5 OL with top 5 weapons and a top 5 OC and THEN we'll see why Bryce Young went #1 overall.

Well, I'm sorry but if you need all that to succeed then you shouldn't have been a 1st round pick much less #1 overall.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Bienemy, Terry, Dotson, Samuel?

Coaching matters. Blocking schemes. Route trees. 

We have NONE of it. 

1 minute ago, frankw said:

So you're comparing Carolina's receivers to Washington's too? Because that dog won't hunt. Bryce literally has no chance most of the time because the blocking breaks down in under 2 seconds and no one can get open. The rest of the time, it's either/or. Never gets plenty of time with open receivers - and literally no one can get YAC except Blackshear and Shenault. 

Just now, stratocatter said:

Yeah it’s the situation not the rookie. hen has he ever looked the part since pads went on? 

Reports of problems came quickly once things got a little more hands on, congested, faster, more real. 

Then when it shirts and 7 on 7 we got good reports. That ain’t the scheme yo. That is an overwhelmed player. 

Just the opposite of what he was claimed to be. And loudly claimed. The rest of us can’t see it. We hate him (I am starting to, because he sucks okay?, but it not a thing ‘he’ did. He can’t help what I object to, it is what he was given to work with. He is not the first to not have enough you know…. He doesn’t have what it takes to live up to the overall top pick. I won’t put the idiotic wager of future picks thrown in, on Young.  That is these idiots listening to the fans. 

Next year’s pick will be too low to get a franchise guy. Everybody knew that. Lol I have to laugh at what they have done, because it was reasonable to think that we were on the rise  and well positioned before they got their hands on this. 

Anyway we do not want him to fail but our feelings do not matter, in the matter. 

And the pleasure you sense is generated by the tears of his loudest one note trumpeters. Not the failing and the losing which makes me ill if I think too much about it. 

I don't hate Bryce. He seems like a good guy. I think he's doing the best he can and that's all you can ask of a player. If a guy is putting in the work and receptive to coaching then it's either poor talent evaluation or poor coaching... or both leading to the failure.

People get frustrated because they feel like he games the pre-draft process but that's his job. As a draft eligible player your job at the time is to maximize your draft status. I don't put any blame on the prospect for that.

1 minute ago, PantherKyle said:

Bienemy, Terry, Dotson, Samuel?

Coaching matters. Blocking schemes. Route trees. 

We have NONE of it. 

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

So you're comparing Carolina's receivers to Washington's too? Because that dog won't hunt.

Explain why the offense looked so much better and performed the best it has with Andy Dalton? Why wasn't the oline the weapons and the coaching complete garbage from top to botton for that one? That's still our highest scoring game.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Strouds leading wr yesterday was a 7th round draft pick.   Tell me more about how much better his weapons are?  

And who would you put over that 7th rounder on this team? Who wouldn't you trade for Antonio Brown, Tank Dell, Nico Collins or Schultz for that matter?

Just based on how they get open, go get the ball and run after the catch?