• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you watch CJ Stroud and wonder ‘what if’?

TheBigKat

On 11/12/2023 at 3:28 PM, TheBigKat said:

Watching him cook in Cincy and my mind ruminates on all the what if scenarios.

The Young miss would have been like we drafted Gabbert over Newton

Gabbert has a SB ring and has put together a long career in the NFL

Taking Bryce over Stroud is closer to if we were to have taken Jake Locker over Cam

3 hours ago, br2nc0 said:

Bryce Young has been sacked 29 times this season lmao... People really hide the truth to fit their narrative.

Some of those sacks were actually his fault just like they were in college. Bryce's style of play can lead to sacks and more hits, so simply stating the number and leaving that out is also fitting a narrative.

Even with his 130 yard game against the panthers, hes on pace for 5,000+........

Fyi texans would have had the #1 pick if not for a crazy 4th and super long conversion, it was on the game winning drive on the 17th game(i think)....they would have not traded out and most reports had them taking young.....  

At this point it’s becoming a self fulfilling prophecy to keep patting yourself on the back over something that can’t be changed now…

CJ is gone let it go.. Do you still stalk your high school sweetheart years later wonder “what if” ?? If you do your a loser..

Plain and simple..

9 minutes ago, recceice said:

At this point it’s becoming a self fulfilling prophecy to keep patting yourself on the back over something that can’t be changed now…

CJ is gone let it go.. Do you still stalk your high school sweetheart years later wonder “what if” ?? If you do your a loser..

Plain and simple..

We're Panthers fans. We're all losers here.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, recceice said:

Plain and simple..

What a ridiculous comparison. If people are still groaning about it years from now okay go off but the draft was just in April.

And furthermore these two guys are going to have their careers connected for a long time you might as well get accustomed to it or just disconnect.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

What a ridiculous comparison. If people are still groaning about it years from now okay go off but the draft was just in April.

And furthermore these two guys are going to have their careers connected for a long time you might as well get accustomed to it or just disconnect.

We still gloat about this from time to time and it was over a decade ago.

420239822_download(4).jpeg.5aa2a65801f6ee97b5c98b8a76113d39.jpeg

We'd still groan about it if we'd botched the pick.

And Cam would've probably gone on to have an even better career, but I digress.

We may have botched one this bad. We'll see.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We still gloat about this from time to time and it was over a decade ago.

420239822_download(4).jpeg.5aa2a65801f6ee97b5c98b8a76113d39.jpeg

We'd still groan about it if we'd botched the pick.

And Cam would've probably gone on to have an even better career, but I digress.

Hurney was atrocious in many ways but for that moment that was an extremely important crossroads in franchise history he shut out the noise and made his pick a slam dunk. If a lot of people on the carolina huddle had their way we would have drafted Marcell Dareus.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, frankw said:

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're Panthers fans. We're all losers here.

No I don’t confuse my fan life with my reality.. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Even with his 130 yard game against the panthers, hes on pace for 5,000+........

Fyi texans would have had the #1 pick if not for a crazy 4th and super long conversion, it was on the game winning drive on the 17th game(i think)....they would have not traded out and most reports had them taking young.....  

Not just the Texans but even contenders wanted Bryce. That's why the Panthers traded up cause so many teams wanted him so they can't all be wrong. We just don't have any playmakers for Bryce to pass to since it was used to trade up.