• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Hypothetical Question

methodtoll

22 hours ago, methodtoll said:

Let's just say that, come season's end, that the Panthers part ways with Frank Reich and staff. Regardless who the GM is, y'all know that Tepper will have final say. So with that said, who do you think Tepper will choose as HC?

Before you answer this question, keep in mind that I am not asking who you want as HC but simply who you think Tepper will choose. 

And go...

Wilks! We need to motivate our players like last season once Wilks took over. I don't want Reich fired but if Tepper fires him, he should bring Wilks back cause he wins!!!

37 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Wilks! We need to motivate our players like last season once Wilks took over. I don't want Reich fired but if Tepper fires him, he should bring Wilks back cause he wins!!!

Except, Tepper made it clear that he wants an offensive guy. Y'all might as give it up on the Wilks train... That train has departed. As said in multiple threads, Wilks was not nor will ever be the answer, unless you want this team to stay mediocre.

2 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

Except, Tepper made it clear that he wants an offensive guy. Y'all might as give it up on the Wilks train... That train has departed. As said in multiple threads, Wilks was not nor will ever be the answer, unless you want this team to stay mediocre.

Stay mediocre? Hell, I long for the days of mediocrity at this point.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Who in their right mind would hitch their wagon to a 5'9 QB and a owner who is known for meddling? Ben Johnson knew what was up and noped right the fug outta Charlotte.

You get ONE shot to prove your worth as a head coach, and no young coach is going to risk their future in this situation. It'll just be another underwhelming retread hire like McDaniels or they just keep Reich. Whoever it is, I just know it will be the wrong one with Tepper calling the shots.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Id happily go back to simply being good enough often enough to keep things interesting. Being a perennial bottom feeder just sucks. It sucks to suck.

Being competitive & an NFC Championship appearance 1 to 2 times is always a good place to be. With patience & a good GM, you're one step away from a dynasty.

There's an easy answer that is success all over the NFL, but he generates success & isn't a yes man with ownership. He'll walk away from the NFL if you ask him to compromise his philosophy or ride a 1st round QB out of pride instead of finding a winner.